Airbag Man suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag Man suspension

Anyone had any experiacne or looked into air bag suspension?

http://www.airbagman.com.au/

Interested to see if I can a set up on the Paj insted of od a straight lift - great for towing and should make it a bot more comfortable (it is already - just looking to smooth afew bups out), and ajustability from cab would be just perfect.
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Keep us filled in on what you find out.

I have not bought a Pajero yet (still waiting to sell my existing 4Wd) but I will definately want some airbags for the rear when I get it. I think airbags a great because it means you don't have to put in Heavy Duty springs which give a harsh ride when the car is empty, but you can stop any rear end sagging when loaded up for a trip.

I have hear the Firestone helper bags are the best brand but I don't know if they make any for the NS.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I fitted Polyairs to my NS rear and they work a treat! Much better for towing the boat and loaded with camping gear.

These aren't the same however as a full airbag suspension replacement which replaces the springs in entirety, which the initial poster is talking about.
      NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Wilmo,

Yea - looking at full airbag replacement if possible. Fully ajustable - and is similar to the Land Rover hight & compression (harder/softer) ajustable.

Will be interesting to see if its availible for the NS and $$$. there hase been some press in the latest 4x4 monthly, and the 4x4 'assesories' publication. A review on Overlander made it sound perfect for me - and probarbly the way 4WD suspension should/will go in the future due to its flexability?

Have email Airbag Man...hope to hear from them soon
        Last edited by Proudy; 23-08-07, 11:03 AM.
        NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

I saw a car on the latest 4WD Action (nee Monthly) DVD (comes with the Mag), and it had 16 inches of suspension travel with air bags. Wow! Not suggesting you should fit those but there's definitely some capability in the airbag setup. The guy with the 80 series on the DVD said he went back to coils on the front though because of controllability issues - not suprising with 16 inches of travel.
          NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Wilmo,

Are you able to tell us how much the Polyairs cost and what the part number was.

Proudy,

Looking forward to hear from airbagman.
            NX Exceed

Comment

athino,
              Polyairs for my NM, which should be the same for the NS cost me $440. I fitted them myself and they are great I'll definately get them fitted to the NS when we get it.
              Sandgroper.
              NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

So does that mean the NM suspension is the same as the NS?

I was wondering about this. If so, does that also mean any springs or shocks for the NM will fit the NS? I was looking at the ARB catalogue and it says it has not developed shocks for the NS yet.
                thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  So does that mean the NM suspension is the same as the NS?

I was wondering about this. If so, does that also mean any springs or shocks for the NM will fit the NS? I was looking at the ARB catalogue and it says it has not developed shocks for the NS yet.
                  ARB now have NS shocks (OME) and springs. Have been quoted.

Spoke to Airbag Man. With the airbags (fully ajustable system) I need 9.5 inches (diameter) of space to fit air bags to where the springs are located. Looks ok for the rears - fronts may need a new plate where the spring sits agaist the body......will be out with the calipers and tape tomorrow
                  Last edited by Proudy; 23-08-07, 11:31 PM.

Comment

This sounds like an interesting mod, it would be great to see how it changes the ride. I recon it would stuff up any warrant claims though.
                    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                    1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Thanks Sandgroper,

Reason I asked is because I took the Polyairs out of my NP but the NS suspension seems to have an extra bolt on the inside of the springs inserted so it is approximately and inch and a half downwards. So it looks like the rubber block does not fit however I haven't lifted the car yet to have a good close look. I'll have to take another look. If the block doesnt fit I'll have to go to the local Polyair place and get different rubber block.
                      NX Exceed

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X