New Snorkel and Long Range Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Snorkel and Long Range Tank

Well, I've finally got some pictures of my SWB Diesel Pajero, before and after having an Airtech snorkel and a Long range fuel tank fitted by TJM on the Gold Coast.

With the new muffler it does seem a little bit more noisy than before but with the windows up and stereo going I don't notice it anymore. The snorkel doesn't seem to generate any extra wind noise. I haven't had a chance to use the pump on the long range tank to transfer fuel to the main tank yet, but I'll see how that goes later this week.

The only major disadvantage I have come across so far is that the factory tie down/recovery points don't fit any more, so at the moment I have nothing at the rear of the car to attach a snatch strap to. I think the only option I have will be to fit a tow bar (for another $500), if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

Some of the photos are shown below :-

Front Before Snorkel

Front After Snorkel

Rear drivers side underneath before long range tank

Rear drivers side underneath after long range tank

Rear passengers side underneath before long range tank

Rear passengers side underneath after long range tank

All the photos are available on the following web page :-

http://picasaweb.google.com/jc.dyaso...elTankFitting#

Bye Jeff.
    NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

looks good jeff
    you dont seem to have lost any ramp angle how many litres is it?
    Back from the Dark side
    NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

Looks good, do they replace your washer bottle with that snorkel?
      2008 NS Pajero LWB Platinum DID,
      -ARB Dual Battery-ARB Fridge-ARB Compressor-ARB Rear Locker-OME 2"Lift -ARB Deluxe Bar-9000lb Warn Winch-Safari Snorkel-Aux Fuel Tank-IPF Driving Lights-Uniden UHF-Rhino Full length Roof Rack-Iron Man Awning-Diff breathers-Jayco Expanda Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jasonw View Post
        looks good jeff
        you dont seem to have lost any ramp angle how many litres is it?
        In theory its 65 litres. In practice I'm not sure if I can get all of it pumped over into the main tank. I'll know more next week when the tanks empties and I'll see how well the transfer works.

Bye Jeff.
        NS Pajero SWB R, Diesel, Automatic, BFG AT/KO's, AirTech Snorkel, LRA Auxillary Tank, Dual Batteries, Thule Aerobars & Roof Box.

Comment

Originally posted by drew4x4 View Post
          Looks good, do they replace your washer bottle with that snorkel?
          Yep. Looks like about a litre in size. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it than before. There are some pictures under the bonnet in the link to the Picasa web page.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jc.dyaso...elTankFitting#

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Jcd

Now I know what mine will look like.

I have the red shorty as well - but also have a Smartbar and i did get the tow bar fitted. Mine is a lot dirtier to

What was the overall cost of this if you don't mind mentioning it.

I look forward to see how you go as I am interested in both those extra - initially the aux fuel as I have found the shorty a bit limiting (fuel wise) when towing the camper.

Richard

Comment

Hi Jeff,

It all looks great! With the sub tank does the rear hang down like a long wheel base or do the photos not really reflect that very well? Any side on pre and post photos?

Cheers

Josh
              NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
              Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                Jcd

Now I know what mine will look like.

I have the red shorty as well - but also have a Smartbar and i did get the tow bar fitted. Mine is a lot dirtier to

What was the overall cost of this if you don't mind mentioning it.

I look forward to see how you go as I am interested in both those extra - initially the aux fuel as I have found the shorty a bit limiting (fuel wise) when towing the camper.

Richard
                It was about $2600 for the snorkel and the tank fitted. Both snorkel and tank are for a trip to Cape York later this year and in a few years time I'm hoping to do an east to west crossing of Australia (when I get some more long service leave).

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by jfeek View Post
                  Hi Jeff,

It all looks great! With the sub tank does the rear hang down like a long wheel base or do the photos not really reflect that very well? Any side on pre and post photos?

Cheers

Josh
                  Josh,
                  It doesn't really hang down too much at all and is not really visible from the side. I'll try and grab a better after photo on the weekend.

Here is after :-

and here is the best before one I could find :-

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Looks great Jeff. When are you off to CY?

Charlie

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

Are you going to upgrade the struts and springs for the trip should be a good trip this year due to it being the year they do their grading of the road. This only happen every 2 years.
                      2007 DID ARB bar,Dominator 12000lb,Aitec Snorkel, Bushskinz underbody protection/sliders, Lightforce XGT 70W Hid,35W Lo beam,55w Hid Hight Beam, 55W hid driving lights, 20" Tigers Light Bar,37" 320W Monster Light Bar, 25W Led rev light, 2x 16w Led Rear lights, F/R Diff Locks, Tx Lockup kit,3/4 roof cage, 17x8 Incubus Poltegeist wheels with BFG KM2 Muddies, 100Amp Hybrid Batt, 75Amp Thumper AGM, Thumper 50 Amp Charger, VMS 7" offroad GPS with reverse cam, ICOM IC 440 UHF, GME Epirb,

Comment

Looks good.

I was supposed to be going up to Cape York myself this year but the extra cash spent on the car getting the X instead of the R put an end to that so I'm spending this year prepping and will go next year.

I'll be very interested to see how you pack and a report on your trip.
                        MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
                        Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

Originally posted by CeeJay View Post
                          Looks great Jeff. When are you off to CY?

Charlie
                          Heading off after the Qld School hols are finished, about the 10th of July.

PS I'll try not to spill any coffee into the centre console.

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by pody View Post
                            Are you going to upgrade the struts and springs for the trip should be a good trip this year due to it being the year they do their grading of the road. This only happen every 2 years.
                            As the car is only just over a year old I was probably not going to look at the Struts and Springs until after I got back from the trip. However, I'm going to keep an eye on how it rides now with the extra weight of the tank and fuel and probably a tow bar.

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by apsilon View Post
                              Looks good.

I was supposed to be going up to Cape York myself this year but the extra cash spent on the car getting the X instead of the R put an end to that so I'm spending this year prepping and will go next year.

I'll be very interested to see how you pack and a report on your trip.
                              For weekends away I normally just fold the rear seats forward and everything but my OzTent fits in fairly well. However for the Cape trip I'll remove the rear seats to give me a bit more room. If I need more space, I also have a roof box I can bolt to my roof racks and this is great for bulky but not overly heavy stuff.

Its a shame you can't get to the Cape this year, but it gives you something to look forward to for next year.

Bye Jeff.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X