Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear door led light strip

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rear door led light strip

    Hi all,

    I understand this might been covered before but I can't seem to find the thread for it. I am installing LED light strip to the rear door to give more usable light when camping and fishing. I am going to splice into the dome light at the back for the power source.

    There are 3 wires connected to the plug of the dome light, which one is the positive and negative cable as I don't have a multimeter to test which is which. Also, would I be able to use the dome light switch to control the LED strip on/off at the same time? Any help or ideas would much be appreciated!

    Thanks heaps guys!
    Cheers,
    Anthony


    07 NS Exceed DiD -
    MM Alloy Bar, BigRed 220 LED Spotties, STEDI 42" 240W Lightbar, STEDI 28" 80W Lightbar, STEDI 7" 40W LED Reverse Lightbar, Kings Awning & Rear Drawers, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Lovell Springs 4" Lift & Bilstein Shocks, Maxxis RAZR MT 33s, Bushskinz&Boos Protection Plates, Rhino Cross Bars + Alloy Tray, 30% Black Tinting, 3' 409 Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust,OEM NW VT13 Turbo Upgrade, HPD FMI DFI ECU Tune - 180RWHP, 600nm Torque @22psi

  • #2
    Originally posted by FishAnd4WD View Post
    Hi all,

    I understand this might been covered before but I can't seem to find the thread for it. I am installing LED light strip to the rear door to give more usable light when camping and fishing. I am going to splice into the dome light at the back for the power source.

    There are 3 wires connected to the plug of the dome light, which one is the positive and negative cable as I don't have a multimeter to test which is which. Also, would I be able to use the dome light switch to control the LED strip on/off at the same time? Any help or ideas would much be appreciated!

    Thanks heaps guys!
    Best to source constant power and have a separate switch. The dome lights, at least on the NX, switch off after 30 minutes, whether left on auto or manual.
    Please call me Vlad.
    -----------------------
    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts. TBD - DIY rear skid plate; Air compressor; UHF.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wire something like this into your dome light so it will come on with the dome light, or you can leave it switched off.

      Trisome
      Attached Files
      2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, ECU West Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

      Comment


      • #4
        I ran separate power to mine from the second battery in the 3rd row seat well, and installed a switch. Like Vlad said, the dome light will eventually turn itself off.
        2008 NS Petrol Auto.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just wired mine into the dome light and it’s been there for about 4 years now without any trouble – the LED’s draw very little power so it isn’t a problem – it just comes on when the dome light is on.

          Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mine is also wired to the dome light. Yes, it switches off after 30 minutes but at least that way I know I can't accidentally leave it on all night.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for the replies and idea guys, much appreciated. I will figure out what to do once the light strip arrives. At the mean time, do you guys remember which wire are the positive and negative?

              Cheers
              Cheers,
              Anthony


              07 NS Exceed DiD -
              MM Alloy Bar, BigRed 220 LED Spotties, STEDI 42" 240W Lightbar, STEDI 28" 80W Lightbar, STEDI 7" 40W LED Reverse Lightbar, Kings Awning & Rear Drawers, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Lovell Springs 4" Lift & Bilstein Shocks, Maxxis RAZR MT 33s, Bushskinz&Boos Protection Plates, Rhino Cross Bars + Alloy Tray, 30% Black Tinting, 3' 409 Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust,OEM NW VT13 Turbo Upgrade, HPD FMI DFI ECU Tune - 180RWHP, 600nm Torque @22psi

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FishAnd4WD View Post
                Thanks for the replies and idea guys, much appreciated. I will figure out what to do once the light strip arrives. At the mean time, do you guys remember which wire are the positive and negative?

                Cheers
                Here you go:
                http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...E02BC00ENG.pdf
                Please call me Vlad.
                -----------------------
                MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts. TBD - DIY rear skid plate; Air compressor; UHF.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vladguan View Post

                  Thanks mate, I will sus it out this afternoon
                  Cheers,
                  Anthony


                  07 NS Exceed DiD -
                  MM Alloy Bar, BigRed 220 LED Spotties, STEDI 42" 240W Lightbar, STEDI 28" 80W Lightbar, STEDI 7" 40W LED Reverse Lightbar, Kings Awning & Rear Drawers, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Lovell Springs 4" Lift & Bilstein Shocks, Maxxis RAZR MT 33s, Bushskinz&Boos Protection Plates, Rhino Cross Bars + Alloy Tray, 30% Black Tinting, 3' 409 Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust,OEM NW VT13 Turbo Upgrade, HPD FMI DFI ECU Tune - 180RWHP, 600nm Torque @22psi

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Might be completely irrelevant but when I put a similar light in my Challenger it turned out that it was switched on the negative side. Initially I spliced it into the positive side and put the whole thing back together before I realized that it never went off (I had the boot open to work on it). Might be worth checking?

                    Cheers

                    Sam
                    Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sam Pato View Post
                      Might be completely irrelevant but when I put a similar light in my Challenger it turned out that it was switched on the negative side. Initially I spliced it into the positive side and put the whole thing back together before I realized that it never went off (I had the boot open to work on it). Might be worth checking?

                      Cheers

                      Sam

                      Yes. If you just connect the +ve of the LED to the wire on pin 3 of E-128 and ground the -ve of the LED then it will always be on unless you install a switch.

                      You can either connect the +ve of the LED to the wire on pin 2 or pin 3 of E-128 and then connect the -ve of the LED to your switch +ve and ground the switch -ve.

                      Having it on pin 3 with a switch means you don't have to have the interior light on just to have the outside one on.
                      Please call me Vlad.
                      -----------------------
                      MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts. TBD - DIY rear skid plate; Air compressor; UHF.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
                        Mine is also wired to the dome light. Yes, it switches off after 30 minutes but at least that way I know I can't accidentally leave it on all night.
                        x 2

                        I stuck some LED strip light to a piece of aluminium and used the plugs from the roof lining near the rear of the cargo area to hold it in place.
                        Dale

                        2008 NS diesel auto - EGR resistor mod, tow bar, spare wheel lift, Scanguage, Oricom UHF, Roo Lights, Ironman Bull bar & 2" lift, Hercules 12000lb winch & DPF delete pipe

                        Comment

                        Matched content

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X