Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS DiD 30,000km service costs

Hi all,

Just asked yesterday about the 30k service at MM in Osborne Park and was told about $800, they have to be kidding at that price.

Does anyone else know of a MM in Perth that was cheaper, we are looking to get it done Genuine as we are leaving in a month to drive to Brisbane, via Adelaide, Melbourne, Tas, Canberra and Sydney.

Also want it done from MM as we have only had it a week, so I am new to Pajeros.

Getting some mods done over the next 3 weeks so will post pics as I go and when finished.

Thx
    2007 NS Pajero, DiD Auto, Champagne
    Done: DIY Dual Battery and tray, ARB deluxe bar, On board ARB air compressor, IPF 900XS Spotties and GME TX3440, Waeco 50L dual zone, Hayman Reese tow bar, 50mm suspension lift, Mickey Thomson ATZ.

http://conthefruiterer.blogspot.com/

That is mega expensive. I think I paid about $650 but that include a tappet adjustment.

I am not sure what is going on with Dealer servicing costs, the prices seem to vary greatly from dealer to dealer. I was at a Tassie dealer on the weekend after my engine warnign light came on. While I was waiting for them to clear the fault code I asked the manager what a 45k service would cost just as a comparison after I just paid $840 in Melbourne. He got on the computer to look it up and told me $630, that seems like a pretty big difference to me.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I intend on calling around, but also want to know what others have paid for this service in Perth, to see how much they might be trying to rip us off.

If the difference is $200 it is worthwhile travelling up to 40km to get it done.

Mike
      Done: DIY Dual Battery and tray, ARB deluxe bar, On board ARB air compressor, IPF 900XS Spotties and GME TX3440, Waeco 50L dual zone, Hayman Reese tow bar, 50mm suspension lift, Mickey Thomson ATZ.

Comment

I was going to call Osborne Park myself in a couple of weeks, as I am also due to have the 30,000km service done in a few weeks (I bought it from them almost 2 years ago now) - but at that price, I wondering whether I would just be wasting a phone call - so I am also interested whether there is anywhere in Perth that is not rip off central. My Ultra Strong 4 year old daughter broke these woeful headphones that came with the rear DVD system last week - just by taking them off of her head - so I was going to put a warranty claim in on those when I put the service call in, to get the two things dealt with at once - but perhaps I should just treat these things as separate jobs if they are going to charge that kind of money. I have a document dated from the 20th of November 2007 from the Osborne Park service centre that has the 30,000km service for the DID Auto at $733, so a year and a half later it looks like it's gone up 12-15% on top of what I was told. They have built a new service centre since then - perhaps they are trying to recoup more of the renovation costs?
        Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

Maybe give them a call and see what price they give you.
          I will have to call a few of the other dealers I think.

Mike

Comment

Just had a 30,000km service in Canberra at MM - $600 (is it just me or is MM servicing more expensive than other makes??)....

Comment

The Low Ash oil makes it a bit more expensive, but it is about the same as Landrover D3 and Land Cruiser servicing costs, but we dont have to pay as often having 15k intervals.
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Just had my 30000k book service at MM (Klosters)Newcastle on my NS DID Auto.
                Total cost $532.10. Was told tappet adj not required till 45000k.
                So far very happy with their service and prices seem very low compared to my TD5 Landrover eg $1100 for 120000k service plus $750 for diesel block leak and $4500 for a new ABS unit.(both of these were known common faults but Landrover not interested so thats why i'm now in a Pajero).
                robeggy

Comment

Robeggy, Did you use Alto Landrover @ broadmeadows for your repairs to the Landy??

Comment

I rang 6 MM dealers in Brisbane over the last two days for the cost of the 15,000km, 30,000km and 45,000km services.

15,000km: (D1) $500-520, (D2) $490, (D3) $520, (D4) $462, (D5) $380, (D6) $484

30,000km: (D1) $400+, (D2) $690, (D3) $820, (D4) $914, (D5) $500, (D6) $841

45,000km: (D1) $700+, (D2) $790, (D3) $1130, (D4) $940, (D5) $1100, (D6) $999

(D1) = Dealer 1, (D2) = Dealer 2, (D3) = Dealer 3, etc
                    NT DiD VRX Black Mica Pearl

Comment

HI Hawk-eye
                      Yes it was Alto's Broadmeadow who did the work on the TD5. Had no choice as it was also in for pink slip 2 days rego left.
                      Recieved a letter from Alto's advising they are closing down Newastle and all service to be done in Sydney. Tough luck if you just purchased a Landrover product.
                      If you add the cost of fuel and your time to either take it to Sydney or Port Macquarie it makes Mitsubishi service very cheap. Must be some very unhappy customers out there.
                      As a mater of interest the 15000k service on the Pajero was $380.00
                      robeggy

Comment

HI armara
                        Looks like my MM Dealer here in Newcastle uses the same pricing as D5 in your list.
                        eg 15000k $380 30000k $532

supapa

Comment

Zippa92 wrote:
                          "Just asked yesterday about the 30k service at MM in Osborne Park and was told about $800, they have to be kidding at that price."

Finally rang up today about that 30,000km service quote - Osborne Park told me that they have to quote the highest amount which includes tappat adjustments and extra gasket replacements with 4 hours of labour - and thus it would could be $892, which is closer to $900 than $800. They must have been feeling generous when giving your quote Zippa. Looks like I won't be going there either.
                          Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

The guy there said about $800, and I haven't had time to call the other places yet, job for monday morning.

Comment

Well, I have finally had a chance to call around to the MMA dealers and these are the prices I got from 5 Perth city dealers.

Dealer 1 = $797 (quoted as tappets included)
                              Dealer 2 = $950 (~$400 of it was Tappets)
                              Dealer 3 = $848 (quoted as tappets included)
                              Dealer 4 = $888 (quoted $230 of it for the tappets)
                              Dealer 5 = $795 (quoted $300 of it for the tappets)

I ended up choosing Dealer 1 as they are about 6km from home.

If anyone in Perth is interested in finding out which dealer is which PM me.

Mike

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X