Liqui poly intake decarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liqui poly intake decarb

Has anyone used this stuff as nervous to just spray inside as wont it loosen and with the added wetness from the spray do damage or cause more issues ?
    Its the Diesel one btw

I did it over the weekend. No issues. Just had the Mrs hold it at 2000rpm while I sprayed the can into the intake (remove hose and spray straight into manifold).

Seemed to do a reasonable job, not perfect. I'm going to get a couple more cans and give it a few more hits over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Noting you have posted in the gen4-1 section I presume you have an NS model.
      These tend to buildup carbon in the intake (more than other models) unless you've had the EGR blocked since young, or an oil can installed.

If you suspect your having problems due to buildup, the cans of spray are not up to the job as there's probably a lot of oil/carbon buildup.

I cleaned the intake on my NP last year by removing it first. I can guarantee you a tin or 5 of intake cleaner won't do much when you have 5mm of buildup. However, the liquimoly is by far the best solvent I found to dissolve it. I first manually removed as much as I could, and then finished off with the spray.
      I think liquimoly would be best effective as a regular service item.

Hope this helps.
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate
      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Comment

Yes my other post issue - im booked in for a full on clean im just thinking a patch up try before the end of jan booking ?
        Its thrown up the same egr error within days after reseting and i was just curious to use before my full clean?

Comment

If that's the case, you could just remove the EGR and spray it on directly, instead of just 'generally' into the intake manifold. This way, with it off the car, the dissolved gunk wont go through the cylinders. You can target the spray to he affected areas.
          At least then the EGR error will be at bay until the full clean is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-mate

Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate or lockup-mate now available for Pajero NS+, Triton MN,MQ, Challenger PB,PC, Prado 150

Comment

where in adelaide you getting done i had mine done at wright street mechanical top job and nice price 450 hasn't missed a beat since

Comment

Originally posted by lordfarquar View Post
              where in adelaide you getting done i had mine done at wright street mechanical top job and nice price 450 hasn't missed a beat since
              I was just gonna use my local mechanic who works from his home by mclaren vale as quoted me $550

Comment

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                If that's the case, you could just remove the EGR and spray it on directly, instead of just 'generally' into the intake manifold. This way, with it off the car, the dissolved gunk wont go through the cylinders. You can target the spray to he affected areas.
                At least then the EGR error will be at bay until the full clean is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Like that 💡 idea will i need a gasket ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                  I Like that 💡 idea will i need a gasket ?
                  No, but if it does get damaged just get it replaced during the full clean.

Comment

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                    No, but if it does get damaged just get it replaced during the full clean.
                    Took apart like you said and yes was very dirty ,come up brilliant with the spray and i cleaned the pipe that goes across the head too attached to it . The inlet/manifold under the egr was coaked too so i just hoovered out a little as that be the main clean i think .

Put together but the light still on any suggestions?

Comment

Took apart like you said and yes was very dirty ,come up brilliant with the spray and i cleaned the pipe that goes across the head too attached to it . The inlet/manifold under the egr was coaked too so i just hoovered out a little as that be the main clean i think .

Put together but the light still on any suggestions?
                      It might take a while for the light to go off. I think the system goes through a cycle and if a "fault clear" is reported repeatedly over a short period of time, then the fault light is switched off by the ecu. (That's what I have experienced with the asc warning light when I had an intermittent problem with the steering position sensor. By the time I took it to the dealer for investigation, the fault hadn't shown itself for a couple of days and the light had gone off. Luckily, the mechanic knew what the problem most likely was, and reset the sensor...and since then...2 yrs...no issue)

I believe you can see if the egr is opening and closing okay...I assume it is...and the electrical connection is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Hannah View Post
                        It might take a while for the light to go off. I think the system goes through a cycle and if a "fault clear" is reported repeatedly over a short period of time, then the fault light is switched off by the ecu. (That's what I have experienced with the asc warning light when I had an intermittent problem with the steering position sensor. By the time I took it to the dealer for investigation, the fault hadn't shown itself for a couple of days and the light had gone off. Luckily, the mechanic knew what the problem most likely was, and reset the sensor...and since then...2 yrs...no issue)

I believe you can see if the egr is opening and closing okay...I assume it is...and the electrical connection is good?
                        How you mean can see ? When its all back together on the car ? As when i pulled apart i tested it by pushing in and out and was fine , i disconnected the electrical wire and took the electrical side off as didnt want any fluid wet into it and put all back together and looks like new niw

Comment

Ive just noticed that ive a lot of moist oil residue on the breather pipe to the air filter should this be a concern or is it more a result lf the blocked egr ? Shall i strip all the beather pipes and air filter to clean this residue out? Could it be why no light has gone out yet?

Comment

Ive just noticed that ive a lot of moist oil residue on the breather pipe to the air filter should this be a concern or is it more a result lf the blocked egr ? Shall i strip all the beather pipes and air filter to clean this residue out? Could it be why no light has gone out yet?
                            If I understand you correctly, this is normal. The oil vapour gets recirculated into the intake via this pipe. It's the oil vapour and the exhaust gas combining that causes the buildup, hence blocking the EGR to solve this problem.
                            That's one of the reasons why people install oil catch cans. Here's mine.
                            Note the breather 'injects' the oil vapour after the air filter (clean air) and before the turbo.

Comment

I want one

Thank you mate , so glad better kind of people on here as i left myself open for criticism i guess, im so new to this car and im learning slowly lol.
                              I want your idea as looks awesome, can you pm me the price and contact as looks a perfect fit in the engine bay

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X