Show us you bar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us you bar!

I would be interested in seeing pics of bulbars anyone has put on their NS.

I really wanted an ARB Sahara bar but according to ARB they will not be making one. Second choice was the type 3 bar by TJM but it looks like this wont be happening either.

Did anyone get the factory alloy bar? If so are you happy with it and what was the cost?

Also on a similar topic, who has put new springs and shock in? I guess if I put a bar on the front I better upgrade the springs, and the shock look very small so I guess they go as well.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Walker, I got the factory alloy bar.l dont mind the look of it. It comes with plastic trim on it which makes it a bit of a pain to attach an aerial on to it but i'm while off from that anyway Got the factory one as i couldnt be bothered stuffin around after delivery so i took it as it came as it is they have to put it on properly when the car goes in for the 1500km service .
    I will put a picture up as soon as i work how to and suppose i should take a picture of my new pride and joy
    I'll check my invoice for the cost.

Comment

There was a thread on the old forum that had some pics of various bars, and if you go through previous threads on this forum there are a few shots too. I looked into the factory alloy bar (and others) but in the end have decided to go with a smartbar which I'll get in the next couple of months. I've seen one on a police pajero and it looks pretty good. I mainly need a bar for hitting the odd roo and I've spoken to other people who have one and have hit a few roos and say they just bend back to shape. That's what I'm after. I'll post photos when I get it. I've been quoted $1257 + $120 to fit + $160 for fog lights + I'll get spotlights. I'm pretty sure that is cheaper than the MMA bar.
      Cheers Mike.
      NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

here is a pic of a smartbar - I hope it comes up OK
        Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmm. No I am not a big fan of that Smartbar. I like the idea but I just think it looks like a mask on the front of the Paj and I don't like it.
          I guess this is why I like the Sahara bar, it gives some protection and mounting points without blocking out the good looking front .

If there is nothing better I think I will jsut go without a bar.
          thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
          1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

The police NS pajeros have smartbars, and winches, i reckon they look good, i saw a couple in hornsby this week. Its really a platform for all the aerials, spotlights etc that they carry. Not my cup of tea in the city though.
            Anyways, if you hit a bull you are stuffed anyway ! Unless you are in a Mack truck.
            Cheers,
            Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
            1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

Andrew,
              what sort of lift do you have in your vehicle?
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Sorry that just refers to the Spare Wheel lifter that complements the towbar package
                Cheers,
                Andrew

1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

NS SWB ARB bar

Here's a couple of pics. Fitted yesterday by ARB (Richmond Vic)who did a very nice job of it
                  Given it's the "R", there was concern the bar would protrude given the lack of flares - you be the judge....
                  MEasurement of springs before and after showed the front drop by 2mm, so no need for new springs untill their worn out.

On the old forum there was mention of a document for MMA stating that bar mounted winches were not on as far as chasis warranty was concerned. It may have been for the NP, does anyone know what the current status is?

PS Macguru - the idea behind the bull bar isn't to hit the bull, it's to push it out of a paddock and protect the front of the vehicle when it inevitably pushes back ... the other 99% are just used to attach jewellery
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Eastie; 28-08-07, 09:11 AM.
                  NS oil burner shorty

Comment

We expect to see pictures of you nudging a bull with your new SWB
                    (Personally I would use a 20 yr old toyota ute)

PS Macguru - the idea behind the bull bar isn't to hit the bull, it's to push it out of a paddock and protect the front of the vehicle when it inevitably pushes back ... the other 99% are just used to attach jewellery
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew

Comment

have to admit this one isn't going near the bull paddock - I'd be knackered if I did.
                      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Thanks Eastie,
                        The is the best I have seen so far and maybe the way I will have to go. I reckon it looks fine on the R. I think I would get it color matched as well.
                        thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                        1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Just to add to the original detail, the bar doesn't protrude more than 5mm beyond the line of the wheel arch, so the fit is perfect.
                          Last edited by Eastie; 28-04-08, 10:09 AM.
                          NS oil burner shorty

Comment

G'day Walker,
                            I recently got a price from my dealer (Knox Mitsubishi, VIC) for a factory alloy bar. The cost was roughly $1900 + $600 to fit it. Considering that it isn't winch compatible I thought it was a bit excessive! (I think it does look nice tho)

Cheers,

Daniel
                            -------------
                            2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Fo View Post
                              G'day Walker,
                              I recently got a price from my dealer (Knox Mitsubishi, VIC) for a factory alloy bar. The cost was roughly $1900 + $600 to fit it. Considering that it isn't winch compatible I thought it was a bit excessive! (I think it does look nice tho)

Cheers,

Daniel
                              WOW. I think I will stick with the ARB bar if the factory bar is that much.
                              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                              1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X