Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up a NS 2008 Pajero Gen 4 :- Need advice on some proactive must do maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crispus View Post
    By the way, make sure you measure with the car stopped (in locked position or even without the key inserted). You don't want mess with the active lines...
    Thank you mate will do, today I scanned again with another software launchpad - found nothing shows everything ok

Will report back on resistance shortly..

Comment

Originally posted by ironrock View Post
      Thank you mate will do, today I scanned again with another software launchpad - found nothing shows everything ok

Will report back on resistance shortly..
      I couldnt measure the resistance this weekend, had an issue with my multimeter, I ordered a new one and will report back shortly.

Meanwhile i opened up as many connectors as possible in the engine bay after disconnecting the battery and cleaned it with an electric contact cleaner and put back.

I noticed one connector was lose as the locking plastic was broken - i have taped it up for now - i am told its the engine temperature sensor ? Photo attached with yellow tape. I am wondering if shaking of this connector can cause intermittent canbus timeout issues.
      Attached Files

Comment

Usually you can tell if there is a CAN connection if the wires are twisted together (CAN low/CAN high). From what I saw from the diagrams CAN lines are used to interconnect the ECUs, so I doubt that connector is causing de error...

Comment

Originally posted by crispus View Post
          Usually you can tell if there is a CAN connection if the wires are twisted together (CAN low/CAN high). From what I saw from the diagrams CAN lines are used to interconnect the ECUs, so I doubt that connector is causing de error...
          Ahh ok thank you mate, i am continuing to keep an eye on the vehicle..to see the reoccurrence..

Comment

Ahh ok thank you mate, i am continuing to keep an eye on the vehicle..to see the reoccurrence..
            The above problem hasn't recurred for a while but noticed something new today - the passenger side footwell is dripping wet, no sunroof on my car, I opened the glove box and noticed water dripping under the blower motor unit along the big white plastic enclosure
            Usually with ac on there is a drip underneatht the car - now I don't see it too, is the outlet drain pipe for evaporator clogged - where to loik for ?

Comment

The above problem hasn't recurred for a while but noticed something new today - the passenger side footwell is dripping wet, no sunroof on my car, I opened the glove box and noticed water dripping under the blower motor unit along the big white plastic enclosure
              Usually with ac on there is a drip underneatht the car - now I don't see it too, is the outlet drain pipe for evaporator clogged - where to loik for ?
              The problem was the evaporator drain outlet was clogged - compressed air thru the outlet and it cleared up

Comment

The problem was the evaporator drain outlet was clogged - compressed air thru the outlet and it cleared up
                Guys is the NS engine generally more noisier than the later versions ? I drove the Aisin gearbox version - it was more silent and even the shifts were smoother..

I am also thinking of getting the tappet valve clearance done - may be thats a source of sound - many in the forum have said so before.. views welcome

Comment

Guys is the NS engine generally more noisier than the later versions ? I drove the Aisin gearbox version - it was more silent and even the shifts were smoother..

I am also thinking of getting the tappet valve clearance done - may be thats a source of sound - many in the forum have said so before.. views welcome
                  Yea, I was driving a 200hp version with Aisin and got myself a NS 170hp with sounds on the light throttle like something gonna fall apart ;D - like tappets but I've done them myself.
                  Pajero NS 3.2 '07 - EGR OFF, DPF OFF, Throttle body OFF (works only on shutdown)
                  Pajero Sport 2.5 '01 - 2" suspension lift

Comment

Originally posted by Azzx View Post
                    Yea, I was driving a 200hp version with Aisin and got myself a NS 170hp with sounds on the light throttle like something gonna fall apart ;D - like tappets but I've done them myself.
                    What was the result after doing the tappets ?

Comment

Few was out of spec, I corrected all of them but there wasn't any audible change.
                      The worst noise is when you apply light throttle on 5 gear (auto) or the moment when the gearbox change gear from 4 to 5. I even reconditioned injectors and fitted new tips along with SVC and SQL relearn - didn't change anything.
                      Pajero NS 3.2 '07 - EGR OFF, DPF OFF, Throttle body OFF (works only on shutdown)
                      Pajero Sport 2.5 '01 - 2" suspension lift

Comment

Originally posted by Azzx View Post
                        Few was out of spec, I corrected all of them but there wasn't any audible change.
                        The worst noise is when you apply light throttle on 5 gear (auto) or the moment when the gearbox change gear from 4 to 5. I even reconditioned injectors and fitted new tips along with SVC and SQL relearn - didn't change anything.
                        Lol so the NS is noisy - I feel the engine noise in first gear especially at City crawling speeds - I find it a bit reluctant to shift to second takes that tad bit longer to shift to second

Comment

Lol so the NS is noisy - I feel the engine noise in first gear especially at City crawling speeds - I find it a bit reluctant to shift to second takes that tad bit longer to shift to second
                          Gentlemen did the tappet setting a few days back and it did make a difference the engine no longer is coarse - i wasnt too aggressive on the setting of 0.1 and 0.15mm(measured with stanley gauge) - but still an improvement of 15% or so i think...so not bad at all - yes all the tappets were fairly out.

Comment

Gentlemen - things are smooth currently - any thoughts or suggestions on NS noise reduction, especially at 100kmph on a highway the engine noise inside is tiring..is there some suggestions or insulations that can be done for NS ?

Comment

Gentlemen any experience of using seafoam transtune in an NS auto transmission - i find the NS first and second gear shifts a bit clumsy - may be thats how the gearbox inherent nature is - i was thinking if having this in the transmission will improve the smoothness especially 1/2nd gear to and fro.

Comment

I never use any additives, but the recommended fluids. In case of an auto transmission I would rather change the fluid with an original or equivalent one (i.e. DIA QUEEN ATF SP III)...

I might be tempted maybe only if I would have nothing to lose (i.e. that gearbox is so bad that I would need to replace it)...

Comment

Working...
                                X