What do you tow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you tow?

put your specs and photos of what you tow here...
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

16.6 foot/4.45m jet boat with HSV LS2 6.0 V8 307kw (346kw in the boat!)

last pic is trailer set-up as a temporary double decker

and the wee boat during construction alloy trailer as well, boat 9 foot long

The trailer is all alloy (high tensile marine grade) with twin piston billet alloy hydraulic brakes and weighs in at just 300kg, the boat is 780kg dry with no gear
    Last edited by matthewfnorbert; 02-09-07, 10:55 AM.
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Some people just have too much money!
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

or... live in a tent to fund fuel operated vices
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

NICE boat matthewfnorbert!!

Here's my Quinnie tinnie, a 5.7m alloy half-cab with 150hp Evinrude... behind my brand spankers (at the time) Triton

Cheers!

Andrew
          White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
          Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

excellent subi, my 9 foot boat has a 140hp V4 OMC like yours but driving a jet, just rebuilt it after 550 hours when one cylinder ate a bolt.. ouch

how does that truck tow? you must have some good wind resistance with that rig
            SWB NT X DiD its R E D

Comment

Considering I used to tow this with a 2.8td Rodeo, the Triton feels like it could pull TWO at once - I'm very impressed with the 3.2DiD when it comes to lugging a load

I notice more wind effect if it's blowing side-on, although the screen of the boat does create a bit of drag at times...

wow your 9 foot/140hp boat must be like a Lotus on water?
              Andrew
              White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
              Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

I am towing a 2.2 tonne trailerable yacht.

I live in Brisvegas and took it over the gateway bridge the other day. I have the VRX Auto turbo diesel.
                Entry speed onto the base of the bridge was 80kmph, at the top of the climb we were doing 85 kmph. From a standing start at the toll booths at the base of the climb we were doing 80 kmph at the top.

I'm very impressed with performance coming from a V8 Commodore.

Stopping the rig feels very solid and "easy". The brakes perform very well.

Fuel economy is 14lts/100klms whilst towing at 80 to 90 kmph

I will post some photos next time I take the yacht for a stroll.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X