Door Seal Vibrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Seal Vibrations

I now have 11000km on my DID LWB and in the last 2000 km I have noticed some annoying vibrations coming from the door seals. They make themselves apparent over even the slightest bumps. I've taken it back to the dealer and they claim to have adjusted it but its still there!

Anyone else experience this?
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

I've just done 17000k's in my SWB and have noticed over the last couple of thousand k's that the rear door has been making a lot of noise when going over rougher roads - especially at low speeds when the car is twisting. Is this a similar problem to yours or does it happen at high speeds as well? My passenger doors haven't been making any noise tho...
    -------------
    2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Lube it up

I have had several Pajs now onto my third, but I regularly run silicon oil over all the door seals. Buy CRC Silicon oil and use a small piece of sponge impregnated with the silicon to apply it to the rubbers. Each time I do this the car is like new.

If it really is a vibration then I am not sure what would cause this, if the vibration is accentuating the "stickiness" of the rubber then the lube will help.

Dan C
      Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Well today i tried lubricating the seals with Nulon Ezyglide silicon spray and its still there!
        Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Fo View Post
          I've just done 17000k's in my SWB and have noticed over the last couple of thousand k's that the rear door has been making a lot of noise when going over rougher roads - especially at low speeds when the car is twisting. Is this a similar problem to yours or does it happen at high speeds as well? My passenger doors haven't been making any noise tho...
          Since my DID LWB logged 5K kms (I'm now nearing 9K kms), my rear door have been making squeaking noise when the body is subjected to a slight twist. Anyone know if this can be fixed?

Comment

Thoughts

Schniff, If the lube doesn't help then it might be a door alignment problem, If it is demonstrable, take it to the dealer and show him. Check your clearances from the outside, ie see if the door looks aligned, the gaps look right, outside skin is flush at the joins etc.
            I have taken my Paj's ove the roughest of roads and corrugations and always pretty solid.

Another thought might be that the door latch might not be tight, try simulating the noise by pushing on the door on the outside to see if you can nail where the noise if coming from, Allthis is to try and point the service staff at the right problem.

Make sure that you lubbed all metal to door rubber contact points also, I can't recall whether the doors have a rubber buffer to maintain distance, also in the door lock it self on the latch loop.

I am a real nut for vibrations and squeaks so I know where you are coming from.
            Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X