DPF problems poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF problems poll

It seems that the DPF thread is the most visited area on the forum. Since I have ordered a new NS but have not got it yet, I thought it would be interesting to see exactly how widespread the problem is.
    This poll only applies to auto Did NS Pajero.
    Never had a problem
    40.63%
    DPF light has come on 1 or 2 times but has burnt off itself
    21.88%
    Light has come on more than twice but has burnt off itself
    9.38%
    DPF light has come on 1 or 2 times and had to return to dealer for burn
    15.63%
    DPF light has come on more than twice and had to return to dealer for burn
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Walker; 10-09-07, 01:11 PM.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

I have had my new Paj for two weeks now and only came on a couple of days ago when going to work. Luckily the light went off after a bit of driving.

I am only about 10 minutes from work so do a lot of short trips.

I would like to se eif any was has NOt had the problem

Rich

Comment

Yes, I was sort of hoping that we only hear the complaints from people that have problems but that the majority have no problems at all.
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

So far, touch wood, Ive never had a problem with the DPF.
        My journey to work is 8kays. Most of it is at 80kph with very little stop start driving so that probably helps.

Keef

Comment

Hi - one other factor in this poll would be how many Kms done before you experience the problem or have not experienced.

My light went on after 1000km but was only for a short time.

Good idea re poll.

Rich

Comment

Also probably good to say that this applies to DID Auto vehicles only, or else you will get lots of Petrol and Manual DID drivers voting if they don't know what a DPF is....
            NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmo View Post
              Also probably good to say that this applies to DID Auto vehicles only, or else you will get lots of Petrol and Manual DID drivers voting if they don't know what a DPF is....
              Good point, done.
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

My DPF light came on this morning on the way to work for the first time. I extended my drive to work and at about the 15 minute mark once the vehicle was up to normal operating temperature it extinguished itself - burnoff complete I guess. 8100km. I have been doing lots of short trips of less than 5km over the last few days from work to the city to see customers, and this was probably the reason for the DPF light illuminating as the Paj would have barely warmed up with each drive.
                NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

wilmo does not sound like you have an issue then.. i am sure mma would say that was normal. i think i agree, although i would like to speak to a bmw/citron/merc service guy to see if they have customers that are cycling the dpf "frequently" like others here.
                  SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

I'm wondering why the DPF is only fitted to the Auto ?

I assume a Cat Converter is still used.
                    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I had the problem with the DPF just after my 7500 service, I took it in to the dealer and they did a burnoff. The car is now due for the 15,000 service and the light is back on, plus the rough idle when you turn it off.
                      looks like it might be a problem every 7500kms ? I wonder if the type of fuel contributes to the problem ?

Comment

suggest you take the poll back to the more recent post on DPF

Comment

Also NS models as those prior don't have a DPF

Comment

never had a problem as yet tow a 22 foot jayco weighs in at 2210 loaded mount isa to townsville

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X