SAFARI SNORKEL now availible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAFARI SNORKEL now availible.

Previously Safari just had a part number listed on their website, but now the kit is actually available and they have pictures too:

http://www.safarisnorkel.com/snorkel/ss40hf/ss40hf.htm

Looks pretty good.
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Thanks for the info. Certainly a very comprehensive description on the Safari website.
    Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

Not sure if this got posted already.

I would like to know if will fit the SWB R model - I have sent an email to safari and will post if I get a response but if any one else knows I would appreciate it.

Rich

Comment

looks good, how much are they fitted, where do you go for supply/fitting in sydney/gosford ?
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Do it yourself.

There is nothing better than using a holesaw on a brand new car.

But seriously, it is a very easy install but I think I will wait for the TJM snorkel.
          thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
          1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Spoke with a bloke from ARB about it and they've been told it still a month or so away - the one on the web is the final design that they are now gearing up to produce.
            NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Eastie,

Did you get any word on pricing mate?

Has anyone found snorkels to increase wind noise? I'd imagine there would be a change in induction noise.
              Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Schniff View Post
                Eastie,

Did you get any word on pricing mate?

Has anyone found snorkels to increase wind noise? I'd imagine there would be a change in induction noise.
                The safari snorkel 'apparently' make more noise (wind) than the equivilant Airtec. No comparission on hte NS obviously - however have heard in may instances this is the case. I hope TJM get thier s$%t together soon and get one ready. I also like the look of the Sirtec ove the Safari job.
                NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

The Safari snorkel on my last 4WD was very noisy (wind noise). I will look at airtec this time. But I have been told to be careful because often the safari has a bigger intake and the Airtec can be retrictive.
                  thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                  1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I also like the look of the Airtec over the Safari job.

Have to assume that with a replacement washer bottle (stainless steel) the ths will be more expesive than NM/NP pries of $495 + fitting

http://www.4x4store.com.au/Snorkels-c-360.html
                    Last edited by Proudy; 09-09-07, 03:53 PM.
                    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

The airtec certainly looks better, sitting flush against the a pillar the whole way up, however I would say the safari would be more functional in that you can alter direction of the intake. All things being equal, I care a lot less about looks in this case, however I DO care about wind noise. Will be interested to see feedback as I will be fitting a snorkel to my NS when I return to Australia next Febuary.

Geez TJM have been sluggish with aftermarket products for the NS!

Comment

There's no word on the price as yet, but would expect it to be around the 6-7 mark.
                        NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          The Safari snorkel on my last 4WD was very noisy (wind noise). I will look at airtec this time. But I have been told to be careful because often the safari has a bigger intake and the Airtec can be retrictive.
                          compared to the factory in take the Airtec looks like it would drag more air...but would need too have a closer look. the Safari definately looks to be more 'up-right'/forward facing at point of intake which may help it grab more air.

Comment

I got an email from Safari today in reference to my question about the SWB availability and they are not available at this stage but they expect to have one in next couple of months.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                              I got an email from Safari today in reference to my question about the SWB availability and they are not available at this stage but they expect to have one in next couple of months.

Rich
                              On my way to work yesterday I saw a NS (LWB) with a snorkel - It looked like a Safari from a distance but I didn't get a chance to have a closer look. Surely if there's one on a LWB that it will fit the SWB also??
                              -------------
                              2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X