Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Paj is broke and some more impressions

I had my car in for 1500 service today. It had been running well so far :-
    -A bit noisy but getting used to it and find the noise OK if you play Santanna to it,
    -The DPF light did stay on for a short while and I have had the Fuel Economy showing as low a 9/100L.
    -The back door is VERY heavy. I live on a hill and if I open the back door I nearly get wiped out.

But ... just got a call from the service people saying there is a problem with the that bloody DPF light - it is now staying on and they are keeping the car over night to try and fix it.

Has any one had this particular experience after the first service (I know there is another thread on this so sorry if jumping into a new one).

I am hoping to go for a trip to Syndney at the end of the week so don't want to have problems.

Rich

The sheets on the dpf they printed for me when they had to deal with mine say "When the engine oil level or the amount of accumulated PM within the DPF exceeds the specified value, the DPF lamp is lit or blinked".

It goes on to say:

DPF light blinked + engine warning light on = Carry out the forcible DPF regeneration using M.U.T.-III because PM being excessively accumulated within DPF is assumed

DPF light blinked + engine warning lamp NOT lit = Replace engine oil because engine oil level excessively increasing is assumed

If the engine warning lamp is lit, the DPF system might be abnormal. Carry out the inspection chart for diagnosis code, and then perform the forcible DPF regeneration.

It goes on:
    Detecting that the PM accumulates more than standard in the DPF, the engine-ECU sends the request signal to the combination meter in order to light the DPF lamp through the CAN. This allows the driver to be encouraged to drive with operating conditions effective to the automatic regeneration. When the vehicle continuously runs with the DPF lamp lighted and without the DPF regeneration, the engine warning lamp is lighted and the DPF lamp starts to blink. This shows that the amount of accumulated PM exceeds the specified amount. When the DPF automatic regeneration is performed under this condition, the DPF temperature is extremely higher depending on the operation and the DPF might be damaged. This causes the DPF automatic regeneration not to be performed when the DPF lamp blinks. Therefore, the DPF regeneration needs to be forcibly performed.
    The engine-ECU assumes the increase and decrease in the engine oil level, based on the driving conditions. When the assumed engine oil level increase more than specified value, the DPF lamp blinks. This allows the driver to be informed that the engine oil level is abnormal.

A little confusing???

I've found the same problem on the rear door (live on the side of a ill also). To get rid of the engine noise put MT tyres on it
    Last edited by Eastie; 12-09-07, 09:08 PM.
    NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I did not even get my car back from the service - the light went on while there so not sure what has happned.

If i find anything out I will post here, to add to the list of others.

So far the dealers have been good - it ain't their fault

Nup I reckon if I keep playing Santanna the noise will disappear as well - it soothes the engine

Rich

Comment

Got my Paj back today and all is well. They did not tell me what they did to fix the problem unfprtunately.

Comment

they probably reset the ecu error codes once more, drove it a bit and hoped they did not come back on.... which they did not, so you got the truck back .

cynical but probably true
          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

They wouldn't do that would they !

Yeah right!
            Rich

Comment

Hey guys been lurking for a while whilst researching my decision to buy a SWB pajero Went into a dealer today in Perth and test drove a TD LWB No swb in stock. Asked the salesman about the filter issue and walked me straight over to the service manager. Reply was as follows.
              Techs have been out from Japan and is a OZ specific problem related to our fuel. They are apparently trying to develop a different filter makeup. I asked if it could be removed and or disconected and was non commital on this issue.
              I informed the salesman until this issue is sorted with MMC I will continue to hold off on my purchase. He was quite interested when i told him on several internet forums this issue is being raised and discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrex View Post
                Techs have been out from Japan and is a OZ specific problem related to our fuel. They are apparently trying to develop a different filter makeup. I asked if it could be removed and or disconected and was non commital on this issue.
                I informed the salesman until this issue is sorted with MMC I will continue to hold off on my purchase. He was quite interested when i told him on several internet forums this issue is being raised and discussed.
                And I can confirm it as well, talking to a service manager the other day about the problem. Mitsubishi are committed to a fix but are still working on it.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

The question I would then ask - will it cost us to get it fixed once they have worked it out and how would they implement it.

It would be a media/sales nightmare if they issued a full recall of all vehicles, even though it could be seen as a positive (that they will do it - I suspect many others would not)

Still, it is good news.

Rich

Comment

It's not only in australia.
                    Here in spain I know 2 cases of DPF ligh blink, but at the moemnt it's not and issue, cause people continues to drove and light come off.

I think mitsu needs to improve that system.
                    Regards,

Enric
                    Barcelona, Spain
                    2002 NM 3.2 Did

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      The question I would then ask - will it cost us to get it fixed once they have worked it out and how would they implement it.

It would be a media/sales nightmare if they issued a full recall of all vehicles, even though it could be seen as a positive (that they will do it - I suspect many others would not)

Still, it is good news.

Rich
                      rich "recalls" are for safety issues only..

vw have just done one for the touareg but it is not a recall.. they called it a upgrade where they are reflashing the ecu's with new program to fix niggling faults and some are getting water pumps.. this i believe is to improve customer satisfaction.. hopefully mma will do the same
                      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

hevent had any issues with my swb yet .... however the fuel cumsuption is enough to warrant greenpeace campaining outside my house for being a major influence on global warming !!

Comment

Aklimatize,
                          I find I end up watch that bloody fuel graph all the time.
                          Not sure what they did - I asked but they haven't told me. But since then I have not had a reoccurrence (touch wood).

I have the SWB R diesel and have seen it drop as low as 8.6/100L driving around town - on a long stretch of road and driving carefully at a constant speed.

A recent trip to Sydney from Canberra had it consistantly under 10/100.

However if base this on just quick trips to work (about 10 minutes) the economy is not as good- around 12-13/100L.

I am not sure if this is tied in with the DPF burn offs as economy does drop when this is happening I believe.

Rich

Comment

I have a petrol SWB NS

Overall the economy is about 13.5 L/100km, based on odometer & pump readings. I find that when you get into the vehicle it starts at 99L/100 km and works its way down over the next half an hour. So in my car the reading on short trips is way inaccurate, unless you hit the reset button a few times ...

But I dont drive too much in a normal week and find that I am putting in about $50 of petrol so economy is not an issue......
                            Cheers,
                            Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
                            1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

i try to not have the fuel graph on screen when driving .... but it does keep the foot a bit more conservative.

BTW .... shell have run out of v-power through brisbane and in the process of trying to get some from different shells .... almost ran dry .....

the car only took 61 litres .....

69 ltr fuel tank ..... 61 litres on empty ......

i would prefer it if the tank displayed properly .... it's like they've designed it for idiots.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X