Maximum Towing Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Towing Capacity

NS LWB for Australia has a maximum braked towing capacity of 2500kg.
    NS LWB for NZ has a maximum braked towing capacity of 3300kg.
    Now why would that be? Same car coming out of the same factory.
    Here is the info! http://www.mmnz.co.nz/vehicles/suvs/.../specs_lwb.asp
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

I reckon its a misprint??????

Or maybe Aus law lowers the tow limit???

I noticed the specs for power and torque are different on the NZ site.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Looking again I would say it must be to do with Australian regulations. Looking at the UK site they have a braked towing capacity of 2800kg.
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

I was told it was to do with "The worst case scenario" with towing. In Australia that would be 100kph through the red centre on a 45 degC day. MM believed that 2500kg would be the maximum the cooling system could safely cope with, any more weight and it would over heat. NZ and other cooler countries would'nt have the same problem.
        Sandgroper.
        NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

under current rta rules etc the max you can tow is as per manufacturer, rta does not set this..(they used to in the past), they do specify braking systems etc though for your tow rig.
          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

I dont think I would want to tow anything over 2.5T with a Pajero anyway!
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

It appears to be a similar comparison with the Triton
              4x4 Triton for Australia has a maximum braked towing capacity of 2300kg.
              4x4 Triton for NZ has a maximum braked towing capacity of 2700kg.

Cheers
              Andrew
              White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
              Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

If I remember right Mitsubishi Australia sets the limits on towbar . Quite a few years ago on the old forum we got the Gen 2 towbar limits raised quite significantly due to enough people complaining. Just suprising that with the NS upgraded axle limits that they did not go to 2800kg on the towbar. Probably a more appropriate weight for towing nowadays with the size of the vans and associated crap that is taken with them.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Just cruising around the net and came across a russian Mitsu page.
                  This is a 10mb PDF brochure of the NS Paj but more interesting is the towbar setup. From what I can gather it can take 3300kg.
                  Look for Pajero (New) http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/info.php?id=17
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Thanks for the interesting link, Dave

I don't spreken de ruski, but it certainly looks to be 3300kg to me too - very strange design though, there's a lot of faith in that cast (?) section!!

Cheers
                    Andrew
                    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
                    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Originally posted by subi_man View Post
                      - very strange design though, there's a lot of faith in that cast (?) section!!

Cheers
                      Yeah my thoughts exactly.
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Here in Europe

In most europe countries the max is 3300kg. In some models even 3500kg. The tow bar is one thing wich pretty long tells the max capacity. Very strange that its there 2500kg.

And what i have heard, pajero can easily tow very heavy weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandgroper View Post
                          I was told it was to do with "The worst case scenario" with towing. In Australia that would be 100kph through the red centre on a 45 degC day. MM believed that 2500kg would be the maximum the cooling system could safely cope with, any more weight and it would over heat. NZ and other cooler countries would'nt have the same problem.
                          Sandgroper.
                          I heard a similar reason although it was the breaks that were mentioned as the possible problem in the heat.
                          2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]@ View Post
                            Very strange that its there 2500kg.

And what i have heard, pajero can easily tow very heavy weights.
                            You can bet your bottom dollar that if the local MMAL engineers were comfortable with raising the the limit to 3000Kg they would have done so ... i am sure the maketing people would have wanted it ....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X