Tyre size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre size

Anyone running 265/70-17 or equivilent 265/65-18 tyres on their NS yet.

This is the size I would like to get and was wondering if the size difference was noticable in the gearing of the auto.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

BigCol runs 265/70 R17 Cooper ATRs on his Exceed with no problems. I believe he is currently up the cape. Will be interested to hear his thoughts when he returns.

I am looking at Cooper ST-Cs on 265/70R17 LT for my offroad/touring tyres.
    Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

I know Coopers have "up-graded" their tyres but I have heard and seen too many problems from the Coopers to buy them.

I will be looking at Goodyear Silent Armour for touring. I have always had Goodyear MTR's as I believe these are still the best touring tyres around but I don't want to run 2 sets and they will be too noisy on a nice car like the Paj.
      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Walker,
        Do you think the Goodyear MTR's will be too noisy as a second set? and for touring? I'm looking at options at the moment...
        -------------
        2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Fo View Post
          Walker,
          Do you think the Goodyear MTR's will be too noisy as a second set? and for touring? I'm looking at options at the moment...
          I've just got myself a second set using MT/Rs. They are not that bad. There is some noise but you have to expect that from this style of pattern.
          Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Walker,
            No, I reckon they will be fine. Sure they will be noisy (get noisier as they wear) but I would put up with it for touring because they are a great tyre. But I can't be bothered changing wheels all the time and it would probable be expensive for a set of 5 rims. What did you pay for your rims?
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              No, I reckon they will be fine. Sure they will be noisy (get noisier as they wear) but I would put up with it for touring because they are a great tyre. But I can't be bothered changing wheels all the time and it would probable be expensive for a set of 5 rims. What did you pay for your rims?
              Haven't got rims yet cos I didn't think they're available for the NS. I spoke to someone at Wombat Offroad (Ringwood) a couple of weeks ago who said they will be available in about a month. Prices around $110 each (steel). What would be a good price for the MT/R's? Around $300?
              -------------
              2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Haven't got rims yet cos I didn't think they're available for the NS. I spoke to someone at Wombat Offroad (Ringwood) a couple of weeks ago who said they will be available in about a month. Prices around $110 each (steel). What would be a good price for the MT/R's? Around $300?
                I purchased mine a couple of weeks ago and they cost me $289 each. This was the best price I could find. Although the average was around $300.
                Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Hi guys,
                  as you can see i'm running 265/70/17 and they are only marginally higher than the standard tyre height so do not interfere with gear ratios etc.
                  Regards from Col.
                  NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X