Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with inactive vehicle

Hi
    I have the SWB R Diesel and am about to head off with out my car for about 4 weeks.

I had planned to leave the car in the garage and have one of the family kick it over every couple of days and let run for a few minutes or take it out for a spin (not as happy with this option)

Given the issues with the DPF is this a good idea. This is the first diesel I have had so am still learning how to take care of it. Based on other threads, even if you do you still are likely to have problems.

Rich

For 4 weeks, just leave it in the garage and dont start it up. Ive done that on quite a few occasions over the years with no apparent problems. Starting it up every few days and idling it would do more harm than good, I would have thought.
    NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
    NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

2800ITDNM,

Many thanks for the reply. Seems like the best thing to do, better than let the kids take it out for a ride

Rich

Comment

Don`t do it !! , it will block the DPF !!
        2007 NS VRX PAJERO Di-D , AUTO , FAMILY PACK , HD TOW PACK

Comment

Wallyburger, I assume you mean don't do the idle.

I reckon I will just put it in the garage for a month.

Rich

Originally posted by WALLYBURGER View Post
          Don`t do it !! , it will block the DPF !!

Comment

I went overseas and left the car untouched for 6 months - just got the battery charged once month.

Change the oil and then go for a long drive to get the engine hot before garaging it.

Letting it idle will cause serious corrosion from the condensation.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I'd just disconnect the battery lead as even just the clock and keeping the memory in the radio may drain the battery so you can't start it.

Worse would be someone leaving the door slightly open as that will kill the battery completely by the time you get back.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X