Winch on an NS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch on an NS?

From memory I recon there was something on the old forum about MM advising against the fitting of a winch on the NS (or perhaps it was the NP?, not too sure).

Is anyone aware of anything about this?
    NS oil burner shorty

I've seen a number of NPs with winches on bull bars. I can't recall anything about MM advising against it. Although I'm happy to be corrected.
    Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Agree that there's no doubt there are vehicles with them and I'm not sure what the outcome was, but I do recall there was some discussion about it and there being some sort of concern?
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I've seen several Police Pajeros with Winches and Smartbars.

All NS Pajero Smartbars are Winch-compatible.
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
          I've seen several Police Pajeros with Winches and Smartbars.

All NS Pajero Smartbars are Winch-compatible.
          Hi Mike Did,

Sorry to be picky - not ALL smartbars are winch compatible. You can get winch OR non-winch. I think there is a couple of hundred bucks between them, but can't remember exactly how much.

Mike NS
          NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Here is the info I got from Team Poly in two emails.

"Thank you for your enquiry for a Smart Bar to suit Mitsubishi Pajero NS
            2007. The bar is available in black,silver grey or white. The bar costs
            $1257.00 plus fitting approx $220.00.
            "

what is the difference in design and cost between the Winch and
            Non-Winch Smartbars for the NS Pajero.

"The bars are the same the winch bar has a winch mounting kit. The winch bar cost is $1397.00 plus fitting of winch and bar approx $350.00. "
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Thanks Mike DID for that correction. When I spoke to Smartbar they told me there are winch and non-winch bars available - which is true, but I just assumed (incorrectly) they were different in design.

I was quoted $120 to fit just the non winch bar. But I have to pay $60 freight.
              The other cost to keep in mind is the fog lights supply & fit approx $160 (quoted to me).
              mikens
              NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X