Window Tinting on NS Exceed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tinting on NS Exceed

The Dealer has offered us Window Tinting, saying the vehicles he had were with aftermarket tinting.

In the Pajero Brochure the page showing "Colours and Trim" shows every vehicle with tinting on all windows behind the front doors - which is what we want.

Is this tinting standard on the NS Exceed
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

well it certainly is standard on the VRX sounds like you have a "shifty" dealer

Comment

Its called Privacy glass, and is coloured glass, not a film applied later.
      According to the brochure its Standard on X,VRX and Exceed.
      NM GL Diesel (Tourer)
      NS Pajero (Tar Baby)

Comment

Hi Mike,
        As the others have said, the glass is of a coloured tint and is a privacy type glass. I had the two front windows tinted to match the rear glass so they all looked alike.
        Regards from Big Col.
        NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Col View Post
          Hi Mike,
          As the others have said, the glass is of a coloured tint and is a privacy type glass. I had the two front windows tinted to match the rear glass so they all looked alike.
          Regards from Big Col.
          me too
          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Thanks - that's the great thing about this forum !

You ask for help and you get it FAST !
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Just by the way Mike, its the same story on the SWB, the rear windows are also dark. I asked the dealer for a quote to get the front windows to match and found them quite expensive. Went to Sol-Ace and got a much better deal.
              -----------------------
              NS SWB-X, Nudge bar, Towbar, Sunroof, GPS, Rear cam
              -----------------------

Comment

I have also heard that the privacy glass does not offer the same UV protection as tinted windows. So you can still have clear film applied to them.
                2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniTheMoocha View Post
                  I have also heard that the privacy glass does not offer the same UV protection as tinted windows. So you can still have clear film applied to them.
                  I had heard this too, but was told the privacy glass is called "ez-kool" and has better uv protection than tint - haven't been able to 100% confirm this statement though.

Cheers
                  Andrew
                  White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
                  Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Originally posted by subi_man View Post
                    I had heard this too, but was told the privacy glass is called "ez-kool" and has better uv protection than tint - haven't been able to 100% confirm this statement though.

Cheers
                    It won't stop UV as well as tint will.

Window tint has UV filters in the adheasive layer to stop the film getting damaged, it is a bonus that it protects the occupants.

Comment

Do you really need better UV protection ?

Even decades ago, when glass had no tinting, you would not get a tan if you drove with the windows shut.

Comment

Exactly my thought when I read this too!.

Although on a much smaller scale I tested the relevance of paying for extra "UV" protection when buying glasses from optical stores and surprisingly when tested in a scanning UV spectrophotometer, plain glass was very effective at blocking UV and there was only a minimal effect of the film. In addition whenever I want to analyse in the UV range with samples in my line of work, I cannot use glass cuvettes and must switch to quartz ones as glass does not allow transmission of UV. Thus, when it comes to the UV protection effect, I'm not convinced that is a valid claim. Preventing IR (infra red) - and stopping the car heating up so much, in order to reduce plastics melting in the car - that I can accept - but not UV protection.
                        Last edited by Nova Artist; 29-09-07, 05:16 PM.
                        Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

As a separate note - I decided not to bother with the tinting on the front two windows out of principle - although it may be worthwhile as a 3rd party addition from a tinting store. The price I was quoted for the tinting was no different for the front side windows on the VRX compared to getting the whole lot done ( + passenger doors, rear compartment windows and rear door) on a GLX (which does not have the privacy glass). Thus, as far as I was concerned, they were just trying to rip me off, so I crossed it off the list when I finally put my order together a number of months back.
                          Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

I decided to not have any additional tinting put on the front windows because at night, it would be like driving with sunglasses on.

It reduces the chance of seeing pedestrians or other hazards, because everything will be darker.

Comment

I decided to get the front 2 windows done, but only for the look. I never bother tinting windows on a car but since all the back windows are dark I reckon it just does not look right with the front 2 side windows without tint.

I paid $200 to have the 2 windows tinted before delivery
                              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X