NS Lamp types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Lamp types

I want to order LED replacements for the soon-to-be-delivered NS.

Could someone look up the Owners Manual and tell me what Bulb types are used for -

- Front Park Lights
    - Rear Park Lights
    - Low Brake Lights
    - High Level Brake Lights
    - Reversing Light
    - Fog Light

I assume the HiBeam and Foglights are H4B - I'll be replacing these with Philips +50's.

Thanks
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
    I want to order LED replacements for the soon-to-be-delivered NS.

Could someone look up the Owners Manual and tell me what Bulb types are used for -

- Front Park Lights
    - Rear Park Lights
    - Low Brake Lights
    - High Level Brake Lights
    - Reversing Light
    - Fog Light

I assume the HiBeam and Foglights are H4B - I'll be replacing these with Philips +50's.

Thanks
    Will ge them for you today. The Exceed low beam are H4B's from memory - remember these are already HID and brilliant as standard OE, high beam are not H4B...I cant remember exactly - but will get for you. I want to upgrde the High Beam to HID as well (Spotties will soon be HID as well )
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

proudy if you upgrade the high beam to HID please be sure to post a thread on this.. the low beam HID are just great, high beam would be even better possum and roo spotters
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

I had just assumed that the high beams were HID as well....pity they are not.

Why would you want to change all the globes to LED?
        thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
        1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          I had just assumed that the high beams were HID as well....pity they are not.

Why would you want to change all the globes to LED?
          Yep - MM cut costs here (although prob. only a few hunder $/car) - I was very dissapointed (as much as I was supprised to find only low beam was HID - which I found out after I bought the car) - pays to check the specs fully.......and then verify physically.
          NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Considering how many cars you see now with all rear lights being LEDs, I'm disappointed that the NS still uses mainly filament lamps.

The only place LEDs are used externally, is for the Blinkers in the mirrors.

Inside, the only place LEDs are used for lighting is the Foot lights.

Thankfully you now don't have to worry about a flat battery if you're camping and someone leaves the doors open or the reading lights on - they're all on a timer with a 30 minute default setting. I assume time delay can only be changed with the MUTIII.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I as Worng on H4s for Low Beam!

Headlamps - high beam 65W (H9)
              Front fog lmps - 55W (H11)
              Headlamps - low beam with Discharge Lamp (HID) 35W (DS2)
              Headlamps - low beam without Discharge lamp 55W (H11)

Position Lamps - 5W (W5W)
              Front Turn Signal lamps - 21W (WY21W)
              High Mounted Stop Lamp - 16W (W16W)
              Licence Plate Lamp - 5W (W5W)
              Rear Fog lamps - 21W (W21W)
              Rear Turn Signal Lamps - 21W (WY21W)
              Stop & Tail Lamps - 21/5W (W21/5W)
              Reversing Lamps - 21W (W21W)

Luggage Compartment Lamp - 8W
              Door Courtesy Lamps - 3.4W
              Vanity Mirror Lamps - 3.4W
              Room & Map Lamps - 8W
              Rear Personal Lamps - 8W
              Glove Box Lamp - 1.4W

Comment

Great work, thanks, but I need to know what type of base the smaller lamps are e.g.
                BA15, BA9, BA7, E10, T10, T20

This page lists Base types http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_2.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
                  Great work, thanks, but I need to know what type of base the smaller lamps are e.g.
                  BA15, BA9, BA7, E10, T10, T20

This page lists Base types http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_2.html
                  It does no say........ - I can start checking for you if you like (one by one - as they look diffrent

Comment

I assume they're all wedge-base lamps, but it looks like I should be patient and wait until after I pick up the NS - should be in the next week !

Thanks for your help so far.

At least I know now I'll be selling the HB4s for someone to use in the NP Foglights.

On this page it looks like the H9 (65W High Beam) and H11 (55W Fog) are physically identical.
                    http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_19.html

Comment

The things you can find via Google - http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legi...0FINALFRLI.pdf

The W.....W designations Proudy listed above are actually ADR standards for filament lamps (and are clones of International Electrotechnical Commission standards).

This 168page doc gives full details on each one of these, so you can find out if a proposed substitute is compatible.

So below is Proudy's great table, with the bulb dimensions added in.

Headlamps - high beam 65W (H9 - 15D 44H to flange)
                      Front fog lamps - 55W (H11
                      - 15D 44H to flange)
                      Headlamps - low beam with Discharge Lamp (HID) 35W (DS2)
                      Headlamps - low beam without Discharge lamp 55W (H11
                      - 15D 44H to flange)
                      H4 - 20D 55H to flange

ALL FLANGE BASE
                      Position Lamps - 5W (W5W
                      - 10D 27H)
                      Front Turn Signal lamps - 21W (WY21W
                      - 20D 43H)
                      High Mounted Stop Lamp - 16W (W16W
                      - 16D 38H)
                      Licence Plate Lamp - 5W (W5W
                      - 10D 27H)
                      Rear Fog lamps - 21W (W21W
                      - 20D 43H)
                      Rear Turn Signal Lamps - 21W (WY21W
                      - 20D 43H Yellow)
                      Stop & Tail Lamps - 21/5W (W21/5W
                      - 20D 39H)
                      Reversing Lamps - 21W (W21W
                      - 20D 43H)

Last edited by Mike DiD; 30-09-07, 06:06 AM. Reason: Added bulb table

Comment

heres mine, super white LED parklights and philips 6000k HID on fogs.

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	2704389_10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	950890[/ATTACH]

I also changed all the interior ceiling lights to white LED,
                        decided not to use LED on the rear, cause i read that filament type is still brighter. so I changed my rear fogs and reverse light to 27 watts wurth bulbs, from the stock 21 watts.
                        Attached Files
                        2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Originally posted by dunkinx View Post

I also changed all the interior ceiling lights to white LED, .
                          Where did you get the Parklights and HID inserts from ?

What bulb types are used for the Interior Ceiling Lights ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3022-B9.jpg
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	950892
                            this is what i used for the ceiling lights, i got it from this site.
                            http://www.superbrightleds.com/festoon.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	parklight.jpg
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	950893
                            these are the parklights i used, around $25 US.
                            Last edited by dunkinx; 30-09-07, 07:52 AM.
                            2007 NS 3.2 did auto and 1999 NL 2.8 , .

Comment

Originally posted by dunkinx View Post
                              Dunkinx - thanks, I've ordered my LED lights from them. For once, www.jaycar.com.au can't help at all - they have NO wedge LED lamps and their LED festoon globes are too big.

Do the HID globes in the foglights retain the great fanbeam pattern of the originals ?

Where did you get Philips HID inserts from ?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X