NS Pajero Auto breather locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Pajero Auto breather locations

See pics below, pretty self explanatory....for those that want to extend them.

Front Diff

Rear Diff

Auto Tranny/Transfer case

Tranny breather terminates at (18)
    NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Hi thanks for the info, now I can see where to search in the tranny.
    Maybe it helps, but just that week I enlarge the rear dif and lock breather of my NM you can see here in spanish :-)

http://mitsubishigalloper.mforos.com...diferenciales/
    Regards,

Enric
    Barcelona, Spain
    2002 NM 3.2 Did

Comment

is there a kit for the diff & G box breathers? or is it simple to do with the right tube and conectors (+ a few cable ties?).
      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

no kit, very much do it yourself this project....a few joiners and some 4mm vacuum hose, plus small fuel filters on the open end once you get the lines up high (preferably in the engine bay).
        NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Wilmo, are these pics from the NS service manual? If so, where did you get hold of one?
          2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Photos of NS Breather Locations (not yet extended)

Hi All,

I got under the car today to check out the diff and auto breathers, for those who like pretty pictures, some are posted. The rear diff one is definately easy to get at, but to get the height for breathing, I think running it all the way to the engine bay is the best option (not far - SWB!).

The front diff breather (if I have spotted it correctly) is probably high enough already for my purposes, any deeper I'd rather be in a boat!

As for the auto, I believe i located the breather tube (by feel) and with the wonders of slimline camera phones tried to get a snap of it, you can see the tube (small, grey) but I don't know how im going to sucessfully unclamp it by feel yet! Any tips anyone for accessing the auto breather? save removing the entire transmission? Maybe i need a dentist's mirror...

Rob

Rear Breather:

Front Breater (looking over engine at driver's side wheel arch, below and right of airbox)

Auto Breather: (phone camera shoved in gap on drivers side of transmission, i think its the grey tube, assuming that breather end is behind that black plate)

-------------------------------------------------
            08 NS SWB R DiD

Comment

I have found all the breathers except for the auto breather.

So I am assuming you cant see the end of the auto breather from the engine bay?
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                I have found all the breathers except for the auto breather.

So I am assuming you cant see the end of the auto breather from the engine bay?
                No, it seems not - from the engine bay I can see the first part of the transmission "bell", but the breather is back about another 10 centimetres. I tried shoving the camera down from the engine bay side too, but that is less accessible than from under the car, so got nowhere.

Ideally the car needs to be up higher (e.g. hoist), and with some bright lights and some mirrors it would be possible to see the tube - it doesnt seem to be held in tightly, I would just feel more comfortable seeing what I was doing, rather than unplugging some other vital component and not being able to get it back in!
                08 NS SWB R DiD

Comment

I had a look for the auto breather on a mate's NS, what a pain in the ass to get to, you need to be a contorsionist or drop the transmission out to get to it.
                  It would be easier to check and replace if needed the auto fluid every time you get it wet. (which is what i would do)
                  I'm glad I have a manual !
                  Cheers Tom.
                  2007 Black NS DiD Pajero LWB.
                  ARB air compressor, Dual batteries (Redarc)
                  ARB Bar, Warn Winch, Uniden UHF015sx, tow bar 2" lift lightforce XGT's.

Comment

It doesnt quite work like that Tom. If you do suck in water on the auto then it is bye bye auto!

A mate did this to his Prado last year. It was just a deep puddle in Tassie but is was about 30m long. Drove through and about 1/2 hour later the auto died and never worked again
                    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Agree with Walker - autos are VERY reliant on the oil to make them go. On my old commodore i got a tiny bit of water in the auto fluid (backyard mechanic gone wrong!) and it went milky, still worked, but ran very hot and unhappy until it got new oil.

As for the NS auto breather, although difficult, thinking about it a bit more if that is truly the breather pipe, then if I get it out (only loosely held as suggested) it should have enough slack to work with to add on an extender, then it will be all good. Its just the problem of getting it clipped back in if i change my mind

Going bush next weekend, and will be avoiding water like the plague!
                      08 NS SWB R DiD

Comment

You can get at it by feel. Take the engine cover off for a bit more working room. Put your hand down behind the block and along the top of the bellhousing. You will feel the lines and the little rubber cap that is the top of the breather. Push on some vac hose and you are away.

The location of the NS breathers is the same as the NM/NP.
                        16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                        10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

What are people using for the filter? I had a look at a car one and the connectors are too big for the hose, so i was thinking of a motor bike one, but they are a lot smaller.
                          Got the hose yesterday and will most prob run today and get the filters and join everything up tomorrow.

Cheers

Josh
                          * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                          * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                          * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                          * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                          * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                          * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Originally posted by jmi View Post
                            What are people using for the filter?

Josh
                            Found these tiny little ones at Bursons. They had a pile on the front counter - about 3 CM long and 2.5 around.

16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                            10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

looks the goods psproule, where did you get the little dust caps? same place?
                              Cheers
                              * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                              * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                              * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                              * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                              * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                              * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X