Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go through the Fire Wall?

Hi all,

I am sure this is an easy one and anyone with 'wired' car kits and spotties will have done this - but where did/do you feed the cables/wires through the fire wall and into the cabin for connecting to phone and switch (with out creating an 'in' for water/dust etc.)

In my 05 Pathfinder I went in where the aircon drain is, the rubber plug was easily peeled back to feed through - I had a look a tthe Paj and to its credit looks a lot tighter/sealed.

Help appreciated.
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

if you are after a ignition switched power supply for inside the cabin i used a fuse tap in the fuse panel near your right knee.. i can check which fuse location i used if you need it, otherwise nothing a multi meter will not find
    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

On the drivers side of the vehicle you will find a grommet that has the accelerator/brake cable going through it (see picture) - you can carefully punch a screwdriver though this from the engine compartment and feed the cable through under the dash. From memory there's one other point near the glove box, but it looks difficult. You will need to remove the plastic shroud surrounding the fuse area in the drivers footwell which is only a couple of screws/plastic fasteners. You might also need to move some of the cotton wadding to one side see the cable/grommet from inside the vehicle. It took a bit of time and patience to feed the electrical cable through but that's where I went. Seal around the new cable once fitted with silastic.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Eastie; 01-10-07, 10:16 PM. Reason: to make me spellin propera
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

I pulled out the grommet around the Radio Aerial cable that goes through the firewall above the passenger's feet beside the mudguard, put some holes in it with a screwdriver, inserted new cables, then replaced it.

Assuming the NS wiring hasn't changed much from the NP - though I really hope they've improved the sound-proofing.

UPDATE - since the NS Radio Aerial is now on the side window, this 15mm hole in the Firewall is now totally unused and plugged with a solid grommet.
        Last edited by Mike DiD; 07-10-07, 01:45 PM. Reason: added Update
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Guys,

Great stuff - many thanks,
          NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Sadly they are still pretty loud, rattling and clunking away at idle, and under slight load. So, pretty similar to the NP I'd say, and much louder than the Prado.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X