BP launches Diesel Premium in WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP launches Diesel Premium in WA

Being a DiD owner, and having some DPF issues too, I was looking at the BP site to read up on their fuel and as it happens they have announced today the diesel premium.
    Doesn't seem to metion it's cleaner, just more power.
    Perhaps someone with more techo knowledge that me can say whether it may help with the DPF.
    Having said that, I don't think I w ill be driving to WA from Vic to fill up.

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7037038
    Geekay
    SWB R DiD

Originally posted by Geekay View Post
    Being a DiD owner, and having some DPF issues too, I was looking at the BP site to read up on their fuel and as it happens they have announced today the diesel premium.
    Doesn't seem to metion it's cleaner, just more power.
    Perhaps someone with more techo knowledge that me can say whether it may help with the DPF.
    Having said that, I don't think I w ill be driving to WA from Vic to fill up.

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7037038
    Great idea - I hope this comes to Queensland soon!

Comment

They already have rolled out 10ppm Diesel in WA (there's a separate page that lists the servos selling it on BP's web site), this is Diesel Ultimate is a new fuel that promises a higher Cetane rating. Whether its sold alongside existing diesel or replaces it, and whether its 10ppm also isn't apparent from the advisory.
      NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Oh, great. I can see the announcement, when Diesel Ultimate is widely available - "MMA announce that DPF problems will only be covered under warranty if you use Diesel Ultimate".

Instead of now paying 10% more than Unleaded, in future we might have to pay 30% more !
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Not coming to Victoria until mid 2008. But for the moment I am still using Caltex without any problems to date.
          2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
            Oh, great. I can see the announcement, when Diesel Ultimate is widely available - "MMA announce that DPF problems will only be covered under warranty if you use Diesel Ultimate".

Instead of now paying 10% more than Unleaded, in future we might have to pay 30% more !
            I suggest you could 'bend Mitsubishi' over with that statement on warranty. If they pull that $#!t I would ask them to show me where it mentiones 'Premium Diesel' in the contact of purchase, warranty (original one at purchase) and when was it explained to me during delivery and priour to purchase by Mitsubishi dealer - I have never heard of it and never seen it in documents/manual. It does mention the fuel spec on the fuel cap cover/flap but hat is 'normal' diesel spec in Aust. im sure. I am lucky and have had no DPF problems at all - mainly use BP as it it better fuel (BP refine it here in WA) but I am in the country and typicalluy travel long distances when I drive the Paj - sounds like this helps. I would not be putting up with any BS on the or DPF problems. It would be back there, I would demand a loaner (decent i.e. not a 5yo Lancer) and give them a week - or call in consumer affairs (watch them dance then). I have family in this area and you would be suprised how businesses perform when they hear from them...even for a basic information about a complaint.

I have not weigh in on any DPF debates as I dont have a problem and when I have had problems my dealer has been very good - MMA's performance however remains to be seen, but with a new car (any) dont put up with problems - that not what you bought into.
            NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X