No announcement yet.

Safety when removing rear seats in SWB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety when removing rear seats in SWB?

Today I have removed the rear seats in my NS SWB.
    We are planning for a 12 months trip starting early December from Sydney to Tasmania, 3-4 months there and then via SA to Darwin and back via Queensland to Sydney before Xmas 2008.

We need the extra room in the back however, now looking at safety aspect. Is there a grill available which can be fitted once the rear seats have been removed?

Appreciate all advise,
    Gerard
    Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Not that I've seen or heard of. One of the big problems is if you have side/curtain airbags, as the results of them deploying with such an obstacle would be interesting. If you don't have them I don't see why you couldn't make up a cargo barrier with a floor frame that bolts to the floor where the seats bolted down?
    NS oil burner shorty

Comment

A bit off topic, but my LWB is booked in for a a cargo barrier to be fitted next week.
      1st question anyone asked was does it have Side Airbags. Being the poverty pack it doesn't and there is no problem.
      I think having the side airbags stopped me having a dual position cargo barrier, ie behind front seats or behind rear seats.

As was mentioned earlier i dare say the barrier would interfere with the air bags.

Cheers
      Jason.

Comment

Someone told me yesterday that if you have the rear seats removed the cops can book you in Victoria because car is not as was intended or original or something like that.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

Cheers
        Gerard
        Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

The safe way would be to get an Engineering Certificate for the modification.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I am contemplating the idea of removing the rear seats on my NS Pajero SWB -R for some extra room whilst away camping. As a safety measure I want a cargo barrier installed in place of the removed rear seats (No issues with side air bags on the "R" model). Initial discussion with my MMA Dealer on this subject is not good, it would appear that no cargo barrier has been produced for the SWB Pajero. There must be surely some 3rd party product on the market, or is a custom fitout the only way to go here. Has anybody fitted a cargo barrier to the SWB -R Pajero , if they have where did they get it from.
            2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
            Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X