NS Bluetooth for phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Bluetooth for phones

My Owners Manual doesn't even show the Bluetooth Button on the layout diagram and has no reference to it in the Index.

How do I pair a phone with it ?
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

You should probably have received an additional manual for the Bluetooth - at least I did with my Triton. It's not tucked somewhere inside your plastic manual folder is it?

Cheers
    Andrew
    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Andrew - thanks, that would explain it !

Just found out the PIN is 1234 !
      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I think they all must be 1234, because mine is the same - if my wife ever comes through on your handsfree you never saw me at the pub right
        Andrew
        White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's

Comment

yep - they are the same
          NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Thought I'd recommend to others who don't have an Exceed or have bluetooth as an accessory that you can get a bluetooth Blueant Supertooth for $129 from a telstra shop. It is a small lightweight unit that has a magnatised clip that sticks on the sunvisor. Anyway - I'm new to this sort of stuff and thought that this was a pretty cheap and easy way of going wirefree and handsfree. I'll get the aerial fitted when I get the smartbar in a few weeks.
            Mikens
            NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

I agree mikens. I use a blue ant these days as it saves wiring kits. No stuffing around with ear pieces either. It's a good little unit, very clear and has a good standby time.
              Last edited by Eastie; 28-04-08, 10:21 AM.
              NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Since I've bonded with my phone and me wife's, it now annoyingly interrupts the radio and briefly displays "Phone", then goes back to radio.

Is anyone else getting this ?

I'm wondering if it's interference from other Bluetooth services in other cars or from WiFi base stations ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
                  Since I've bonded with my phone and me wife's, it now annoyingly interrupts the radio and briefly displays "Phone", then goes back to radio.

Is anyone else getting this ?

I'm wondering if it's interference from other Bluetooth services in other cars or from WiFi base stations ?
                  I think you'll find that whenever your phone makes a noise whether it be ringing or a message or low battery signals, your car blue tooth will pick it up and therefore mute the radio. You can fix it by clearing any reminders or messages (etc) when it first beeps or alternatively putting your phone on silent - note that when it's on silent you'll still know when there's an incoming call as the bluetooth system has it's on beeping sound to notify you
                  -------------
                  2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Fo View Post
                    I think you'll find that whenever your phone makes a noise whether it be ringing or a message or low battery signals, your car blue tooth will pick it up and therefore mute the radio. You can fix it by clearing any reminders or messages (etc) when it first beeps or alternatively putting your phone on silent - note that when it's on silent you'll still know when there's an incoming call as the bluetooth system has it's on beeping sound to notify you
                    If you have a Nokia phone you can suppress these sounds. Edit the profile that your phone uses when connected to the bluetooth car kit. Turn off "other tones" and "application tones".
                    Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

It looks like Bluetooth won't be getting much use with my current phone - iMate Jasjar.

I was wondering why I wasn't receiving any calls when I was away from the car. It seems that whenever Bluetooth is switched on, the phone will ONLY ring via Bluetooth - even if it knows that there is no Bluetooth headset in range.

So I would have to switch Bluetooth on when I get into the car and switch bluetooth off everytime I get out of the car.

I should have known, my previous iMate had such a pathetic Bluetooth driver that I could only get a headset to work if I installed a privately developed Bluetooth driver.

Comment

Mike, have you confirmed that you're at the latest ROM version for your phone?
                        Peter
                        2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

The JasJar must be different to the JasJam, as mine works faultlessly with the Bluetooth - both with the original ROM and a cooked ROM I recently installed.

I wish I could help you more Mike, but I'm a relative newby to iMates...

Cheers
                          Andrew

Comment

Bluetooth Connection problems

I have my phone and my wife?s phone connected to the bluetooth, however I can't seem to get them both connected at the same time, according to the manual you can have 3 phones on there. does anyone else have this problem ? or has anyone successfully had 2 phones connected ?

thanks

Comment

Peter, AFAIK only one phone can be "linked" to the Bluetooth at any one time, and it's whichever one makes the connection first when you are both in the car.

Cheers
                              Andrew

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X