Hill start assist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill start assist ?

Hi ,does anyone know how to engage /operate the hill start assist ? I have had a look through the manual and can not seem to find anything about it .
    2007 DID AUTO

You have to be in Manual mode and then select 2nd Gear.

For Hill Descent control you have to be in 4LLC and select 1st Gear.
    Last edited by Mike DiD; 08-10-07, 10:28 AM. Reason: correction
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Thanks for that Mike
      2007 DID AUTO

Comment

was wondering the same thing as its not mentioned in the manual at all!

thanks Mike
        NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Hill Descent Control??

Fine point, but the Paj doesn't have hill descent control, it has engine brake assist, big difference actually. I have the NS Diesel auto, third paj in a row, but had the opportunity to take a series 3 landie out when we went up to Barrington on a rainy weekend. The difference with Hill descent is amazing, car was as stable as ever going down steep muddy hills, nose always pointing forward, gear box whirring away, the main thing was to resist touching the brakes and just letting the vehicle do the rest. Hopefully Mitsu will include it in the next generation.
          Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Call it what you will, it definitely works. Even the NP Diesel Auto had it.

If you're in 4LLC and 1st gear and you don't touch the Accelerator, it will descend very steep slopes at a slow constant speed.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

specs of each

From Land rover site:"Hill Descent Control (HDC)
              Hill Descent Control (HDC) helps control your speed as you descend steep or slippery slopes. Once engaged, HDC will monitor your vehicle's speed via the ABS sensors and automatically apply the correct braking force for a safe descent. It operates in both high and low range and in both forward and reverse gear, allowing you to concentrate fully on steering and manoeuvring. "

From Mitsu site:"Engine Brake Assist Control

Maintaining traction while driving down a steep, slippery surface presents the ultimate challenge for an off-road vehicle. By managing the brakes on the front wheels, Pajero's Engine Brake Assist Control system ensures that engine braking remains effective and keeps the driver in control."

Hill descent control actually works to manage speed, it prevents runaway, EBA doesn't, so if you don't have a good level of braking from the engine you will runaway on steep slopes, touch the brakes to slow down and it cuts out. Interestingly I think that my previous 3.8 petrol had better engine braking than the Diesel I now have.
              Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Hill Start Assist isn't even mentioned in the Manual - but it still works very well.

Comment

Originally posted by danc12 View Post
                  Interestingly I think that my previous 3.8 petrol had better engine braking than the Diesel I now have.
                  I have noticed that with my NP. I reckon it is because the diesels have a taller final drive ratio.

Pat
                  16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
                  10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Hill start assist

Mike

I recall it in the NS manual. I remember it wasn't mentioned in the NP though.

I've used it several times on some pretty steep stuff, works a treat.

Dan C

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X