Fitting Towing Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Towing Accessories

Hi, I have a new NS Exceed DiD A/T. I am about to fit various accessories to suit my caravanning excursions.
    Can anyone advise on the following:
    a. Where is the best place to mount an electric van Brake Controller? (the controller I have is a Tekonsha Voyager 9030). There seems to be very little knee/leg room under the dash and no substantial car part to mount the brake controller on.
    b. Where is the best place to mount a GME model TX3440 (all controls on the microphone hand piece) UHF Radio unit? I anticipate mounting the microphone plug in the Diff Lock button cap (which is not used), but where should I mount the microphone clip and the actual radio unit?
    c. I currently have rear vision mirror units which clip over the external window sill with a strap to the bottom of the door (used them on my previous Pajero) but do not like them. They are continually loose, scratch the windows every time they are raised and lowered and they slowly destroy the rubber molding on the window sill. Has anyone got any suggestions for a decent set of mirrors that extend out a fair way? I have tried the clip-on ones on the existing vehicle external mirrors but they do not extend out far enough.
    I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks. Fred
    NS Exceed DiD, 08/2007 build, Hayman Reece Towbar & Hitch, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, GME TX3440 UHF, TJM dual battery tray, TJM 0321BSKIT dual battery Controller, Supercharge deep cycle/starting capability second battery, Milford rear cargo barrier, ECB alloy bullbar.

The only one I can help you with is the TX3440. I just fitted one to my shorty. Mounted the processor under the passenger seat and ran the lead (gme supply and ext lead in the box) to the handset. I mounted the handset just under the passengers air vent in the centre console area (next to the climate control knob) but did not screw it in. I used that super wiz bang 3m sticky pad thingos and it works a treat. If I had a working digi cam i would post up a pic. The sound and clarity is pretty good even though its mounted under the passenger seat. (My passenger seat is not electric being a swb so there was ample room.)
    NS X Swb, V6, Black, rear locker, tint, 75mm lift......dust from lack of use

Comment

I have a Teshonka Prodigy break controller fitted. The location which seemed best for me is on the drivers side hard up against the centre console. Fitting the break controller there in its bracket just clears the lever for the fuel flap. It's also easily reached for manual breaking in case you need it.

I find the Teshonka prodigy excellent with it's inertia sensing and it's easily adjusted for various circumstances with loads etc.

Hope this helps
      Gerard
      Mitsubishi Pajero Platinum LWB Diesel 2012 towing AVAN Caravan the Liam 18ft adventure pack with ALKO AKS3004 coupling.

Comment

Like grantw I'm about to get the TX3440 fitted - I was going to put the handset on the right hand side of the a/c controls, just under the drivers side vent (the opposite side to grantw). Thanks for the tip with the 3m tape grantw! The unit goes under one of the front seats. Mikens
        NS GLX Silver DiD manual, diff lock, A/T Bridgestone Dueler, Smartbar, 170mm Lightforce driving lights, Phillips 50+ H11, fogs, sidesteps, tow bar, roof racks, bonnet protector, dust deflector, cargo barrier, GME TX3440, Blueant Supertooth II, Fullriver 110a/h AGM in rear seatwell, 40L Engel, slide & rear compartment, camper-trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by grantw View Post
          The only one I can help you with is the TX3440. I just fitted one to my shorty. Mounted the processor under the passenger seat and ran the lead (gme supply and ext lead in the box) to the handset. I mounted the handset just under the passengers air vent in the centre console area (next to the climate control knob) but did not screw it in. I used that super wiz bang 3m sticky pad thingos and it works a treat. If I had a working digi cam i would post up a pic. The sound and clarity is pretty good even though its mounted under the passenger seat. (My passenger seat is not electric being a swb so there was ample room.)
          I am thinking about buying the TX3440 , just curious how you ran the antenna connection side of things. Do you have a bar, or should I say is the antenna Bar mounted. Wondering how you ran the coaxial cable to the antenna mount. i.e where in the fire wall do you pass the coaxial through.
          2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
          Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

Hi

Look here for clip on mike mount - have one in my NP and find it very good - no holes to drill in your vehicle etc.
            http://www.kioskcommunications.com.a...id=36&mid=1052

Mal
            NP GLX DID Auto
            ARB winch bar
            Nite Stalker Spots
            265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
            Towbar
            TX3200 UHF
            Tekonsha Prodigy
            Kingsley Side Steps
            Polyairs
            Rhino Track Mnt Bars

Comment

I put my Prodigy in the same spot, just above the fuel flap poppa. It's easy to manually control the brakes and easy viewing of the display, when driving straight.

John
              Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X