Still no Paj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no Paj

Allo, this is just me having a bit of a whinge!
    Am still waiting for delivery of my pajero ordered a month ago. Wanted a quick delivery and would have been happy to take any colour...but was told that it would only be 2 weeks with my chosen colour - i thought, 2 weeks is cool and so placed the order.

Anyhow, have been told it would arrive Thursday 2 week ago...then it was changed to Friday (was only told after money was paid to the dealer on Thursday night)...then was told it would be Monday...and then was told on Monday that it would be 48 hours from Monday...then was told there was a computer error and they weren't sure when it was going to be in.

Then I was told on Thursday that it was on the truck and would be arriving any minute at the dealership...then was told the next day that no, they made a mistake, it wasn't on the truck and they still didn't know when I'll get my car.

So, where did the car have to come from? Altona! Only about 30/40mins drive to the dealership.

Then I was told yesterday that they had in fact lost the compliance plate...and are still looking for it...and if they can't find it, they will have to source another pajero for me. Argh!
    Before: 1995 NJ SWB Pajero GLS Petrol - Blue/Silver
    After: 2007 NS SWB Pajero X Diesel - Black

Originally posted by kail View Post

Am still waiting for delivery of my pajero ordered a month ago. Wanted a quick delivery and would have been happy to take any colour...but was told that it would only be 2 weeks with my chosen colour - i thought, 2 weeks is cool and so placed the order.

Anyhow, have been told it would arrive Thursday 2 week ago...then it was changed to Friday (was only told after money was paid to the dealer on Thursday night)...then was told it would be Monday...and then was told on Monday that it would be 48 hours from Monday...then was told there was a computer error and they weren't sure when it was going to be in.

Then I was told on Thursday that it was on the truck and would be arriving any minute at the dealership...then was told the next day that no, they made a mistake, it wasn't on the truck and they still didn't know when I'll get my car.

So, where did the car have to come from? Altona! Only about 30/40mins drive to the dealership.

Then I was told yesterday that they had in fact lost the compliance plate...and are still looking for it...and if they can't find it, they will have to source another pajero for me. Argh!
    Have patience and cultivate a cynical attitude! It helps to cope with future disappointments.
    It took 12 days for MMA to deliver my NS from Brisbane to Caloundra - about 80kM....
    Hope it all works out fine for you.
    NS Exceed DiD, 08/2007 build, Hayman Reece Towbar & Hitch, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, GME TX3440 UHF, TJM dual battery tray, TJM 0321BSKIT dual battery Controller, Supercharge deep cycle/starting capability second battery, Milford rear cargo barrier, ECB alloy bullbar.

Comment

Mate I feel for ya. The lack of diligence and the type of crappy excuses that dealers come up with is pathetic. But then they are car salesmen afterall.

Just bear with it though and keep pushing them for at least updates on a daily basis. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Otherwise you could try calling their depot/warehouse in (was it Altona or Laverton?) and see if they can confirm availability of your vehicle for you.

Good luck and hopefully your wait won't be much longer.

NS Shortie, Petrol Guzzler, Tow-Bar, Nudge-Bar, Rear Diff Lock, Rhino Sports roof bars, Newbee 4x4 Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by snoop75 View Post
        Mate I feel for ya. The lack of diligence and the type of crappy excuses that dealers come up with is pathetic. But then they are car salesmen afterall.

Just bear with it though and keep pushing them for at least updates on a daily basis. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Otherwise you could try calling their depot/warehouse in (was it Altona or Laverton?) and see if they can confirm availability of your vehicle for you.

Good luck and hopefully your wait won't be much longer.
        Thanks guys - its nice to know I'm not going insane cos from the way the dealer etc. have been behaving, I was starting to think that I was being unreasonable to expect them to confirm a delivery date!

In fact, when I asked for a delivery date a few days ago, the bloke said: "well, when do you want it delivered? Will Wednesday do?".....after being told a few delivery dates and having them pass with no car in sight, I asked him whether he was sure this time (or whether he was effectively plucking the date from thin air)...and I was told: "Nothing in life is certain...I could walk outside and get hit by a bus right now".....!? WTF?

Obviously, to him, providing good customer service (and delivering a car to a customer that has been paid for) is like being hit by a bus...it happens by accident!

BTW, Snoop, where do you take your pajero for servicing? And are you happy with them? Not surprisingly, I don't really want to take my pajero back to the dealership that sold me the car to be serviced.

Comment

Demand to speak to the Dealer Principle so he knows how his staff are treating customers. I would demand a refund of the payment until the vehicle was actually at the dealership.

It took 10 days for mine to be delivered, and it was still on the boat when I placed the order. It didn't arrive exactly when they said it would - it was an hour late.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
            I would demand a refund of the payment until the vehicle was actually at the dealership.

It took 10 days for mine to be delivered, and it was still on the boat when I placed the order. It didn't arrive exactly when they said it would - it was an hour late.
            which dealership did you get yours from?

yeah, i am starting to doubt the existence of this vehicle!

Comment

which dealership did you get yours from?
              Alto Mitsubishi, Gordon, NSW
              Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

It sucks to here stories like these.. There comes a time when you MUST put your foot down. I know we all hate to do it but you will be suprised how quickly they can sort it out when you get in the ear of the dealer principle. I always find that being reasonable yet firm and giving the dealer a deadline helps. I would not suggest yelling and swearing as it generally has the opposite effect. I would also kindly ask the dealer principle for complimentary floor mats, or window tint or something negligable for the delay.

I ordered mine mid February and was in the middle of production. I saw delivery mid march. Just over 4 weeks from production in Japan to my driveway in Qld.

I bought mine through fleet sales.... I have found the service the be far better off the fleet people than the normal sales staff. And females have always given me better service in the past as well.

I am sure the wait will be worth it but the sooner you express your concern and dissapointment to the principle the sooner it will be sorted out.

Good luck
                NS X Swb, V6, Black, rear locker, tint, 75mm lift......dust from lack of use

Comment

Kail, call Mitsubishi Motors in Adelaide 1300 13 12 11, they will follow up the problem with your dealer. In my own case, the Pajero was ordered in early December 06, promised January 10, 07, but "we probably have one arriving by Christmas". Jan 10 became, Jan 22 and then Jan 26 (! ), and all sorts of excuses about the NS being held up on dock, MM would not tell the dealer when it would be shipped, it was not the dealers fault etc etc.
                  The Jan 26 date really made me question the dealer. He did not really know when the NS would arrive and simply added a few days to the delivery date. I finally called MM. They found an NS and it arrived the next day.
                  The dealer was not very happy about this. The person I dealt with went on leave. When I went to collect the Pajero, it was at the dealer's other location, 15 km away. The rego sticker had been placed, half-way up the windscreen. above the temporary fuel consumption sticker, the fuel cards had been lost, and the rear-separation net could not be installed because the instructions were in Japanese (see 'rear-separation net woes' thread for this saga).

The bottom line is, in my case the dealer was deceitful and could not care less. In contrast I have always found MM to be very helpful.

Steve.
                  NS Dec06 VRX DiD FP

Comment

I also recieved my vehicle within 4 weeks of ordering it, but in my case I would have had it in a little over a week if it had not been for miscommunications between the fleet company and the car yard, which was probably because I went in and did all the negotiating, and then (through my workplace) initiated a preferred lease company to act upon my quote, and these issues came up only because, although I introduced myself as a fleet customer - the first salesman that shook my hand said "no problems", when in fact he was supposed to have directed me to a different section of the car yard (it was not sign posted with private one way , fleet another, as some other yards I had been into) - thus I had no option other than believe he was entitled to make fleet quotes - which it turned out in the end after all my time delays - that he wasn't and his lack of understanding the fleet system led to about a 2 week delay that should not have happened.

When I asked for a quote, I asked for Envy colour, Family Pack and Auto on a LWB Pajero VRX at the beginning of May this year, and by pure luck, they informed me that one matching my request had already come off the ship and was sitting in a holding yard, hence their original optimism that I could have the car in a week to 1.5 weeks once the offer had been accepted due to the fitting of extras that I had also asked for. I thought to myself, well thats going to be pretty quick and painless! - but then got bogged down on the finance company / work / lease company side of things - and communications with the yard on when they could travel 10 km down the road to actually collect this car that had been in Perth all along seemed to disappear down a hole as the salesperson promptly forgot I existed, such that it was almost 4 weeks before I was able to drive the car.

Many people ordering their Pajeros are waiting far longer than me - and I hope you all get your local car yards to sort out your delays - but I only bring my situation up, as this process of actually getting the car in your hands can appear to take a painfully long time even when the car was in the city all along, even before it was ordered!
                    Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

I reckon you are all doing ok. I ordered mine mid August and was told not to expect it till early November.
                      Now I have been told early December!!.

I had said I was happy to wait till November as I wanted the rear locker in it and this was the waiting time for it. But now it has been pushed out and I am starting to wonder if it will arrive before christams.

Althought the dealer has not said this, I was told that the earthquake that hit Japan a few months ago has really delayed all car manufaturers.
                      thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                      1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Happy Post...FINALLY!

Got my Paj and am very happy with it so far...the diesel wasn't as bad as I was expecting in terms of noise...and in fact, i think it is quieter than the diesel swb pajero that I took for a test drive at the same dealership.

Fingers crossed that the DPF light stays OFF!

Comment

Good to hear. Good luck with the DiD and enjoy it!
                          NS Shortie, Petrol Guzzler, Tow-Bar, Nudge-Bar, Rear Diff Lock, Rhino Sports roof bars, Newbee 4x4 Driver.

Comment

When it comes in..

..and they call you to tell you its ready to be picked, stall them for about a week before you actually pick it up. See how they like it.

Mine took 3 weeks but it could have been longer, it actually arrived after about 1 week and sat downstairs until I started to hassle them about getting it ready for me to pick up. Got mine at alto Gordon.

Anyway the longer it takes the sweeter it will be when you pick it up. You'll love the way it handles.

DC
                            Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

At least the wait is not as long as for a Toyota Prado D4D. The wait on them is like several months at this point in time!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X