NS Approved Fuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Approved Fuel

Since many people don't read the Owners Manual, here are some quotes from it.

PETROL
    - If using 91 RON, engine performance is reduced compared with 95 RON.
    - 10% Ethanol fuel may be used, use of more than 10% may lead to damage.
    - Can run on LPG

DIESEL
    - Cetane 45 or higher
    - Biodiesel blend must be below 5% and comply with European standard EN14214, otherwise may lead to damage to your vehicle fuel system.
    - Failures resulting from use of non-recommended fuels are not warrantable defects.
    - Poor quality fuels can cause problems such as hard starting at cold ambient temperature, stalling, engine noise and hesitation. (no mention of going to limp-home mode, having to drive under special conditions for 20 minutes or being unable to drive to remote areas.)

In case I need to prove that I have used approved fuel, I will be -
    - buying all fuel from the one Servo when possible,
    - only buying one brand of fuel - the dealer recommended ONLY BP
    - keeping EVERY fuel receipt
    - storing a sample of the last six purchases, in case MMA want to analyse fuel I have used recently.
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

In case I need to prove that I have used approved fuel, I will be -
    - buying all fuel from the one Servo when possible,
    - only buying one brand of fuel - the dealer recommended ONLY BP
    - keeping EVERY fuel receipt
    - storing a sample of the last six purchases, in case MMA want to analyse fuel I have used recently

A bit over the top there Mike, wouldn't they have to prove other wise?????????????
    HILLI

2007 DID VRX AUTO F/P /ARB BAR / KING SPRINGS / X-VISION-HID SPOTI'S./18" MICKY T's

Comment

My dealer also recommended only use BP diesel. In fact when I last met up with them word was dpf issues may be influenced by using diesel other than BP (they also said the fix will be an ECU update) and also the crap about short trips. They were all sheepish when I took an envelope out of the car that I keep all the fuel tax receipts in - all BP, all from outlets BP has documented carry 10ppm diesel (http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarti...tentId=7027516). To further sink their ship my vehicle does 100km a day, with the display showing a fairly consistent average of 54kmh - very little stop/start or short trips. Sorry to bring up THAT issue again, but it's related.....

Storing fuel is a waste of time (my opinion, but do it if it makes you happy). MM have had my vehicle back twice (dpf plus another significant problem) and not once have they sampled the fuel.
      Last edited by Eastie; 11-10-07, 10:02 AM.
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Wow

Mike

This is nuts, basically you are tying yourself down to running around the block.

I forgot to mention when we went to Murramurrang camping 2 weeks ago, I met up with another owner of a VRX DID paj form SA. He had done about 10,000 km's and had never had the light come on at all on his machine. Talking to him, it turns out that the actually worked for MMA in Adelaide. I quizzed him about the DPF problem and he said that there is a small number only in proportion to the total number of pajs in the streets. He said that what he understood is that it related more to the types of runs people were doing, ie home to corner shop and back again. I didn't get into the semantics of this ie that this can be the purpose of a vehicle also and whether Mitsu would include a free Colt for this purpose because you can't use your Paj to do this.
        I asked him whether Mitsu Japan were actually looking at the problem, he said it was just one of many different things that they look at, he said that they analyse Australian pajeros because they provide a lot of feedback about how they handle tough conditions. In short though he didn't say that anything special was coming from Japan on this. I know that there have been some posts that have said that Mitsu are saying real soon now. It really points to having to keep the pressure on through dealers and starting a campaign direct with MMA.

Dan C
        Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Originally posted by danc12 View Post
          Mike

This is nuts, basically you are tying yourself down to running around the block.
          Dan C
          . . . then you need to read my post more carefully.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilli View Post
            A bit over the top there Mike, wouldn't they have to prove other wise?????????????
            This is based on many years of getting warranty service out of dealers. On my NP, the Rotary Injection Pump had to be replaced after 20,000km. This would have cost me many thousands of dollars if they had blamed it on conatminated fuel - after all, no other pumps have had to be replaced. In this particular case they knew they would not be able to blame contaminated fuel, because I first reported the symptoms the day after I picked up the vehicle - it was intermittent, so it took a long to time to track down and get some action.

It's your choice what you do - you can't do it after you've had a claim rejected.

If they test the fuel in my tank and declare it contaminated, then I will be able to -
            - get my sample tested independantly
            - identify the source of the fuel and take action against them for supplying contaminated fuel.

Fuel system damage is VERY expensive.
            Last edited by Mike DiD; 11-10-07, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Is diesel really this complicated

I have been a petrol man for years and I have never had this kind of worry.

This is my first diesel, is it really this complicated, do dealers always scream contamination rather than fix the problem. Is diesel fuel really that bad compared to unleaded?
              Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Thank god i have a petrol.......

I will never feel bad about paying for 95 octane again !
                Cheers,
                Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
                1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

When I had the 3.0V6 I needed a serious fuel injector clean.

Comment

Did that relate to the fuel used ?
                    how many kms ?
                    as i have just done 10,000 kms (6000 on the SA trip) i am not too worried yet

My older Paj has a carbie, and when that needed overhauling (all the rubber eg accel pump perished etc) it took them a couple of goes to get it right because they were all used to working on fuel injected cars !
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew

2007 NS SWB R V6 Auto - Tow Bar & Lift, Thule Aero Bars, TomTom GO720
                    1991 NH 2.6 SWB Manual - Michelin AT's, Thule Roofbars, Alloy Bullbar,Hella Lamps, Pedders 1" Lift

Comment

hi guys,

thought you might be interested in this info which the fleet manager responsible for my pajero found out from Caltex when I asked him about using BP diesel as opposed to Caltex diesel:

1) Caltex Diesel retailed in Victoria is actually supplied by Mobil as Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (S10ppm) No Data available on Mobil web site.

2) Caltex Diesel in other eastern states is manufactured by Caltex (S50ppm)

3) BP Diesel retailed in NSW is supplied by Caltex (S50ppm) This is actually reflected in BP?s monthly report to us.

4) Both BP and Caltex occasionally have Diesel supplied to Victoria by Caltex NSW (S50ppm)

5) Australian delivered Pajero?s are not tuned differently to European and Japanese models. These countries have different fuel manufacturing standards to Australia regarding Sulfur content.

6) The diesel particulate filter is positioned in the exhaust system and automatically regenerates as the vehicle is operated. This is a normal function for this it designed by Mitsubishi. Please refer to owner?s manual Section 4 page 22.

The National Fleet Service advisor at MMA says that there is NO recommendation for, or suggested restriction against any of the major fuel manufactures products sold in Australia.

In conversation with Caltex they will be taking this up with Mitsubishi and its few dealers that are incorrectly suggesting that certain fuels cannot be used in Australian delivered Pajeros. These vehicles are delivered new to Australia by the manufacturer to comply with Australian Design Rules and fuel that supplied to current Australian Government regulations. Obviously as Mitsubishi supply these vehicles new with a warranty and any issues arising should be dealt with by Mitsubishi.
                      Before: 1995 NJ SWB Pajero GLS Petrol - Blue/Silver
                      After: 2007 NS SWB Pajero X Diesel - Black

Comment

Collecting Fuel samples really paid off today.

I've been buying Diesel for 5 months now from BP Normanhurst and the fuel has always been either crystal clear or occasionally dyed green (50ppm sulphur).

This morning I noticed it was rather cloudy - I showed it to the operator who said he'd get the tank checked.

I'll be filling up elsewhere for a while !

Comment

fuel is made to standards, cars are made to meet adr standards.. they are covered by warranty. end of story. drive the thing and enjoy it..
                          there is constant talk here of how they cant solve the simplest of issues, how on earth can the dealer as one of 3 parties involved carry out root cause analysis and "show" that warranty is not applicable.. i have better things to do with my units of time than ache over fuel and a failure that will very likely never ever occur.. and while we try and sue the fuel company's for consequential damages you might as well take on the tobacco industry too.
                          each to their own however, its just the way i see it.
                          SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
                            fuel is made to standards, cars are made to meet adr standards.. they are covered by warranty. end of story. drive the thing and enjoy it..
                            there is constant talk here of how they cant solve the simplest of issues, how on earth can the dealer as one of 3 parties involved carry out root cause analysis and "show" that warranty is not applicable.. i have better things to do with my units of time than ache over fuel and a failure that will very likely never ever occur.. and while we try and sue the fuel company's for consequential damages you might as well take on the tobacco industry too.
                            each to their own however, its just the way i see it.

Oh the ignorance.....

Lets hope you never fill your vehicle with a bad batch of contaminated fuel!

P.S: No car manufacturer covers " contaminated fuel " under warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by kail View Post
                              The National Fleet Service advisor at MMA says that there is NO recommendation for, or suggested restriction against any of the major fuel manufactures products sold in Australia.
                              And that is the case!
                              Dave
                              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X