Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did You Buy an NS

Hello,
    I am looking at buying an GLX TD NS very soon.
    I have been looking at the Prado, Patrol, and Pajero they all seem very close.

I have had a head ache for several weeks now trying to choose the best 4wd to suit my needs.

For me i am leaning to wards the Pajero because of the economy, price, warranty, extra features such as MATT (without having to buy the top model), and the engine seems to be pretty reliable (except for the DPF).

The only down fall that i can find is that the after make accessories seem to be a bit harder to get, but it looks like arb etc.. are starting to bring them which is good.

So i am just wondering what other people thought when deciding to but theirs.

Cheers

Josh
    * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
    * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
    * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
    * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
    * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
    * Pajero now sold!

For me it was the price, warranty and features.

I still think the diesel in the Prado is a better motor but the value for money and the 5/10 year warranty is what sold me.

I don't think there is any after market accessory which you can't get for the NS
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

good reputation for quality capable 4x4
      excellent ride
      value for money
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

You've come to the same conclusion!

You pretty much have answered your own question.

After all the looking, test driving etc. The Pajero wins hands down for value.

The DPF issue is a real problem but fortunately for me I have not been affected by it and am very happy with the car.

Read everything you can test drive it and make your own decision - you will have to live with it......
        2007 NS Pajero LWB, Tow pack, FP, 18" rims. A great family adventure car.

Comment

I got mine fpr a whole bunch of reasons but top 3 would be
          1. Handling and dynamics - IMO is clearly better(read safer) than Prado and others.
          2. Versatility - it is great on road and off, at least for what I am going to do which is not soft but also not smashing over rock ledges all the time(only sometimes).
          3. Sophisication - it has some great electronic gear which has already proven itself.
          However if I was just a hard core remote wilderness all the time type person where handling,dynamics, size, comfort etc were not priorities then the landcruiser 100 because they are simple and tough and it's what they can fix anywhere in the outback as they all drive them.
          But I love my Paj - IMO it does everything well - a balanced car.
          Yellowfin
          NS SWB R DiD - B/stone D694's, BushSkinz plates, LRA aux tank(65L), custom Milford barrier, MM rear bar, Kingsley steps, Rhino HD bars & platfrom, Icom UHF, VMS 500 GPS ,Alpine X001 & Focals
          Toyota LC200 TD V8
          - MT ATZ's, ARB Deluxe Bar, Lighforce 170's, GME TX3340 UHF, Lovells Sus & GVM upgrade, Lone Ranger fuel & water tank, pump & tap, Kaymar wheel carrier, Milford barrier, ARB dual battery, custom fridge cage w BW slide, Rhino HD bars & platform

Comment

Bought the Pajero for -
            - value for money
            - 2WD option
            - excellent on-road handling
            - warranty
            - styling (now they've got rid of those stupid front wheel arch bulges.
            - MATT
            - quiet Diesel

Nearly rejected Pajero because
            - stupid 18" wheels
            - overkill audio system in Exceed
            - rear DVD display will never be used
            - no reversing camera
            - no dual-zone airconditioning controls for Driver-Passenger

Rejected other because -
            - Prado - on road-handling
            - Pathfinder - interior design, 2.5 is too small an engone for that much power.
            - Touareg - too expensive.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

hi mike, out of interest. i stepped out of a touareg tdi for the paj, the vw has a much better engine (revs harder, better for overtaking, superior economy), the paj handles well in comparison and so far much more reliable...

although with over 100k on the clock of the vw not a rattle or squeak in sight.. (but replaced water pump/engine out affair, transfer case, injector, dash, ecu ......hence the paj decision)

Actually its all ADAM'S fault, i rang him to ask what is the best 4x4 for my use.. he said the paj.. end of story.

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
              Bought the Pajero for -
              - value for money
              - 2WD option
              - excellent on-road handling
              - warranty
              - styling (now they've got rid of those stupid front wheel arch bulges.
              - MATT
              - quiet Diesel

Nearly rejected Pajero because
              - stupid 18" wheels
              - overkill audio system in Exceed
              - rear DVD display will never be used
              - no reversing camera
              - no dual-zone airconditioning controls for Driver-Passenger

Rejected other because -
              - Prado - on road-handling
              - Pathfinder - interior design, 2.5 is too small an engone for that much power.
              - Touareg - too expensive.
              SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post

Actually its all ADAM'S fault, i rang him to ask what is the best 4x4 for my use.. he said the paj.. end of story.

But I was right, wasn't I! Even I took my own advise.
                thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
                1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guy's.
                  The dealer here should have one in the next week or so, then i will be able to have a good look over it and take it for a test drive and see what i think.
                  But i am pretty sure that i will be happy with.
                  I will keep you all posted on my decision.
                  I am going to go the manual, I have one now (manual rodeo) so i will go that way again.

Anyway again thanks for the replys and the info, makes it so much better to get the real story rather than listen to the sales guy.

Cheers

Josh
                  * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Originally posted by matthewfnorbert View Post
                    although with over 100k on the clock of the vw not a rattle or squeak in sight.. (but replaced water pump/engine out affair, transfer case, injector, dash, ecu ......hence the paj decision)
                    Sold the NP DiD after 92,000km. The Rotary Injection Pump was replaced - but I don't know of ANYONE else with the same problem (pinging noise).

Not a rattle of squeak and no dust problem.
                    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

I have one question, can you turn off traction and stability control??
                      * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Yes, Button on dash just to the left, near bottom of steering wheel.
                        Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

Ok cool, cheers
                          * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Even though I own a Paj, if I was doing a lot of Outback Touring off-road, towing a camper, I would have bought a Patrol probably, because they are tougher, have more suspension travel (and the steering wheel doesn't 'clang' over heavy corrugations like my NS's does!!), easier to get service for in remote places, and have a split rear door which allows access to the cargo area without removing the trailer.

The Paj however is a way nicer car to own driving around town and doesn't feel like a truck to drive. It handles better, stops better, has better safety equipment and is easier to park than the Patrol. It has enough 4WD capability to take me where I want to go (not that hard core) and get back again easily.

The Patrol without Doubt though, is more 'heavy duty', and if I was doing a lot of offroad driving - Simpson, Cape York etc would have gone that way.
                            NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmo View Post
                              The Paj however is a way nicer car to own driving around town and doesn't feel like a truck to drive.
                              . . . and the Paj DiD doesn't have a habit of going BANG, like Nissan 3.0.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X