50mm lift to much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50mm lift to much?

Been talking abot susension in another thread - however is a 50mm lift to mch.

Basically looking to take on a Togh Dog suspension kit (ajustable shocks and the springs) however I am also looking at a Boss air suspension set up. Problem is this - I cant get front air bags/stuts in due to space. Approx 100mm spring dimeter, but need 165mm = cutting! - I have not got use to the idea of sliceing up the front wheel arches new Paj Exceed!

So if possible will go the air bag rear (full height ajustable) and ajustable Tough Dog shocks in the front & back with Tough Dog springs in the front.....so is just crazy - shoud I jsut get a OME all round and load helpers and be happy?
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Originally posted by Proudy View Post
    .....so is just crazy - shoud I jsut get a OME all round and load helpers and be happy?
    Yes, I'd be going the OME with the Polyairs in the rear, rather than something untested that you will probably have to rip out and replace with either the OME kit or Kings/Billstein setup later.
    NS GLX DID Auto, MM alloy bar, Kings Springs 35mm Lift, Polyairs, Cooper ATR Tyres 265/70/17, Spider chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmo View Post
      Yes, I'd be going the OME with the Polyairs in the rear, rather than something untested that you will probably have to rip out and replace with either the OME kit or Kings/Billstein setup later.
      I know your right......I am just so tempterd to have air all round - it could make the car just better.

OME can be replaced once more investigation/brands come in with options (and $).
      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

I would be really interested to see how Bilstein shockies all round with lovells in the front and airbag coil replacement in the rear. Ive heard bad things about the toughdog stuff, but nobody has anything bad to say about Bilstein!
        Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

I will be putting Bilsteins into mine.....if I ever get it! Will also be putting lovells or Kings all round. Will also be putting in some in coil polyairs at teh rear.

I like the idea of proper air bags on the rear but I don't want to go causing myself any potential warranty concerns. Had too much of that on the last vehicle.
          thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
          1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X