Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing centre diff light.

Hi all,

Before I go and harrass mitsubishi I just wanted to hear from any others if they have experienced this in their NS.

After about 20mins of driving at 100kmh, I get the centre diff light flashing. Funny thing is that i lose the rear wheel drive lights and front wheel drive lights. It just flashes on its own.

The handbook says transfer case issue and contact mmc. however, i pull over to the side of the road, turn the ignition off and magic, its back to normal for another 20mins. My initial thoughts are mmc will have no solution as its not very easy to replicate.

Has any one else had these symptoms?
    NS X Swb, V6, Black, rear locker, tint, 75mm lift......dust from lack of use

Not a good thing

It sounds like a problem to me, either limit switches or the transfer case control lever, on the left of the gear stick or auto selector, remember this is electronic not mechanical.

Also I would think that if it is doing this then it would trap some error codes, I would check with Mitsu to make sure that turning the engine of and on doesn't clear the error codes, if it does, I would arrange with them to drop in and have them plug the MUTT in to check what error codes are logged without turning the engine off.

Have you tried putting the transfer case through its cycles as well, ie on the road go from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive, do this with a slow roll, make sure it goes in and the lights show up OK, then from 4wheel to Centre diff lock make sure all the lights show up correctly and then back all the way to 2 wheel drive again, important to remember if you do this on Bitumen that you stay in a straight line through the whole process, Don't turn the steering wheel or you can end up winding the transmission up and it would be a hell of a job to unlock it. You should hear it changing at each step.

It could be limit switch problems, the above might help you determine that there is a dicky limit switch or it might unstick it and the problem will go away. The 100 km per hour thing sounds like the car computer thinks that you are trying to change the transfer case at speeds over 100km/hr which you are not allowed to do.
    Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Rang local mitsu dealer. Told me to get it there asap. Its there now and waiting for the results. With me doing considerable kms each week, fingers crossed its all ok....

Comment

Let us know

I'll be interested to know what they find.

DanC
        Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

The problem was....

A wire pulled out of the actuator on the front diff? Means nothing to me but the mitsu code error found the problem apparantly. Service was excellent. Got it in straight away and sorted it out in a few hours.

Did 300kms this morning in it and all works fine.

Comment

Unbelievable

No explanation how it might have come unplugged, given that it is all covered with Sump guards and bash plates etc

Anyway its good news, enjoy!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X