Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

broken headphones (Exceed or family pack owners)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken headphones (Exceed or family pack owners)

Well, one of my head phones is snapped right at the joint where the extender slider on the head band changes shape from wide to narrow.

looking at both headphones they are showing a whitening of the plastic meaning starting to stress, has anyone had broken headphones or are they starting to show this kind of problems.

Dan C

Exceed DID
    Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Dan,

Both of my headphones are broken at the same place as one of yours. Sticky tape is being used but I don't think it will last. These headphones are not mechanically reliable. Dick Smith or Jaycar sell similar products and they are better and cheaper.
    March'07 NS Paj VRX DID Auto + FP and DPF problem

Comment

Both of my headphones also broke at the same point, within one month of each other. I purchased one Sony MDRIF140K set, but they were expensive $115 (cheaper on the net). I have been searching for some el-cheapo headsets to attach the headpieces/IR receiver to the headband. No luck so far finding a suitable headband.

It is obvious the supplied headphones are defective. Perhaps, this is a warrenty issue?

Steve.
      NS Dec06 VRX DiD FP

Comment

Mine have only been used by people over 21 years old - no youngsters.

One showed the white line - the other had nothing visible, until I opened them up to the width needed to put them on your head - and a white line appeared.

It seems the more you pull down the earpads, the greater the stress at this point.

I'm putting the car in on Moday for 1500km service - I'll be reporting them as "not fit for purpose."
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

1500 km service on Friday

Mike

I'll be reporting both of mine on Friday this week as defective and asking that they find a replacement, I'll be using this post as a base in case they say that they haven't heard of any up to date having a problem.

Thanks to those that posted, any more?

Dan C
          Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

Comment

Dan

Take in the unbroken one and show how the plastic is being overstressed (turns white) when you just open the headphones wide enough to put on a normal-sized head.
            Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

All,

Mine also both broke within one month of getting the car. North Shore Mitsubishi Service Department (NOT) said ...too bad - $275 or so for another set. I gave the service (NOT) manager a free character reference. These things are rubbish and this mob lost my business.

I used electrical tape with four metal pins - two on each side - for strength. They've lasted about 9 months before the other side broke.

I have now picked up a set from one of the multitude of Frequent Flyer points schemes which works a treat and am about to get a second.
              NX Exceed

Comment

The headphones are made from weak plastic and are breaking. Absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be replaced under warranty. Don't pay for replacement units!

Comment

Headphones replaced

Well I got the car back from the dealer and they replaced the broken headphones. At this stage no mention on whether this will become general practice or whether Mitsu will recall and replace headphones already delivered. They didn't replace the ones that are showing fracture lines, just the one already broken. Anyway a precedent has been set for me.

Dan C

Comment

Dan,

Can you tell us which dealer you went to...or just PM me.
                    NX Exceed

Comment

Dealer

No problems at all, it was Alto at Gordon. Good group, they look after you well. So far anyway.

Dan C

Comment

second set broken

Well, I taped the replacement pair up so that they hopefully wouldn't flex in the weak point and just today they broke in the same place. That's two pairs gone now.

I rang Mitsu service dept at Gordon and they tell me that they are following up with Mitsu as they (MMA) are considering what to do. Has anyone else heard any stories about MMA reconsidering the model of headphone that has shipped with the DVD player?

Comment

Down at my wife's parents place on the weekend, they had a set of Dick Smiths infra headphones which they use in their lounge room. These come with the transmitter and the headphones and they were about $70. I tried out the headphones alone in the car, and they worked fine picking up the signal from the DVD player. They were certainly more comfortable around my ears than the ones you get with the family pack. I think Strathfields do something similar(but I don't know their price).
                          Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

I took the two sets of broken headphones back last week and they had two new sets for us from MMA today.

They are the same model so I've put them in a box and will continue to use the two pairs I picked up through one of those points deals. Otherwise they will likely break also and we'll just end up going around the same hassles.
                            NX Exceed

Comment

Resurrecting this one

This is an old thread, but I thought I would resurrect it to see how headphones have been going. I am now up to about my fifth pair, Mitsu just keep on replacing them and they keep snapping in the same place. What gives with this that they can't just bite the bullet and replace them with a new type.

Do the New NS's with the DVD sets have different headphones?

Thanks on any updates provided.

Dan

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X