NS Model changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Model changes?

I remember reading/hearing? that MM may do a model update/ change the equipment levels late in 07.

Any truth in it? and if so what are they likely to change.

I am interested in a VRX DID auto with FP and don't want to rush one only to miss out on some goodies, should they change the specs or equipment levels.

What is a good price for a DID VRX with FP in NSW?

Thanks

Dave
    NH 93, 2.5" Lift, bilsteins, alloy bar..... hopefully a CRX soon.

They usually wait 2 years to bring in a change, so I wouldn't expect it before 2008.
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Mike, this is generally true, but I did find it unusual that Mitsubishi started offering free family packs with any VRX back in April and May, with no conditions (like 06 build or other such thing), and the car had only been out for 5-6 months at that point. It certainly helped win me over in May. Thus, it is remotely possible that later in the year they might bring that back in, and as Dave is keen on the Family Pack (which is a $3,000 option), I suppose it would be up to him to decide on when he wants the car (It's a bit like a computer purchase as well, there will always be a better deal around the corner with either lower prices or more kit for the same price - but you you have to make the decision at some point as to when you need it, such as wanting to go on a big outback trip - or in our case, we sold the station wagon at the end of April and it was unpleasant trying to deal with only the one little Astra) - so I was pretty keen to get into a new car relatively quickly after that.
      Also, given the meteoric rise of the Aussie dollar against the Yen this year, (now sitting at 105 Yen), you just never know - they might just start throwing extra kit in, because the exchange rates makes them cheaper. Who knows?. It all depends on how often they make exchange rate adjustments. If you feel you can wait, then there is no harm in seeing what transpires over the next 6 weeks or so.
      Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

you should be able to get 5 to 6k discount at any time if you neg well
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

. . . or $7900 with Fleet Discount.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

One of the (many) benefits of belonging to the Pajero Club of Victoria (the group who run this site) is that fleet discounts are available. As are discounts on parts and service.
            Rusty
            2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
            Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
            2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Is membership open to Interstaters ?

Do ALL dealers Australiawide give discount on parts and service ?

Comment

I too would be interested to hear how we can get fleet discounts (without going through a car broker). I am in Sydney and am looking to buy an SWB R DiD. I was waiting to see if there was an update to the model before Christmas too.

cheers,

Simon
                MY09 NT Pajero X SWB DiD White
                Mods - MM towbar, Yokohama A/T-s 265/60r18 tyres, ARB Deluxe Bar

Comment

Originally posted by simonfish View Post
                  I too would be interested to hear how we can get fleet discounts (without going through a car broker). I am in Sydney and am looking to buy an SWB R DiD. I was waiting to see if there was an update to the model before Christmas too.

cheers,

Simon
                  I doubt very much if there will be an upgrade of any sort on the Paj before Christmas next year, although they might throw in a few sweeteners on some deals in between when sales slow down.
                  This might give you an idea on fleet prices.
                  http://www.canegrowers.com.au/docs/A...ro%20Offer.pdf
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

cheers,

Simon
                    I got $6800 off my new NS auto through my BIG4 Caravan Park membership,which cost $40 for 2 years .
                    2007 DID AUTO

Comment

Was that a SWB ?
                      MY09 NT Pajero X SWB DiD White
                      Mods - MM towbar, Yokohama A/T-s 265/60r18 tyres, ARB Deluxe Bar

Comment

Was that a SWB ?
                        It is a GLX lwb Simon
                        2007 DID AUTO

Comment

I went down the novated lease option as it seemed better at the time (at least in the long term), I was not able to get fleet discounting without going down this road, but it sounds like pajero club membership , or BIG4 park membership allows good deals and access to this system with a private purchase. Interesting to know for next time.. (We have FPA (Family parks of Australia) membership which is almost the same as BIG4 - but no entitlement to fleet discounts for private purchases). Mike mentioned a pretty substantial discount (off the Exceed I gather), and I don't know if this applies to some of you guys, but the only way I was going to get that level of discount would be to go the Government fleet route - however, although this is available all the time - you cannot take advantage of factory deals (such as free family packs on top of the discounts), while some of the novated leases, although not getting the same level of fleet discount (even though it is still fleet) - as it might be only around $5000 or so lower, the factory sweetners are still valid, which makes the timing quite important if you want to optimise a novated lease.

Also, if any of you out there do have access to government fleet discounts, which as I already said, appear to be better than standard fleet company discounts, you need to remember that technically you would not be the owner of the car until 2-3 years down the track when you would need to get it re-registered in your own name - thus, you become the 2nd owner of the car, and are not entitled to the drivetrain warranty after 5 years (if you intended keeping it after 5 years of course). In my situation in May, it would have still been a few hundred dollars cheaper if I ignored the free family pack offer and just paid full price for it on a government deal, (As government cars do not pay stamp duty as well- and stamp duty is a real kicker in WA), and so you only pay it on transfer into your name, years down the track at its now lower value, saving thousands. Thus, it is a pretty big advantage for those lucky enough to have this system available - and for cars with only 3 year warranties - it is probably the best option - but once you start factoring in the potential worth of the extended warranty - for those of us that plan to kep the car beyond 6 years - then the cheaper original price may not be cheaper after all.
                          Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

When I was working for a large Corporation (that had fleet pricing on Mitsubishis) they issued me a letter stating that I QUALIFIED for a Novated Lease.

That was sufficient for me to get Fleet Prices on a private purchase. I did not have to buy it on a Lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
                              When I was working for a large Corporation (that had fleet pricing on Mitsubishis) they issued me a letter stating that I QUALIFIED for a Novated Lease.

That was sufficient for me to get Fleet Prices on a private purchase. I did not have to buy it on a Lease.
                              If you work for a large enough company - or have sufficent turn over they will give you the fleet discount - On a lease the GST is not applicable until you sell/dispose of the car, which is also + of leasing. - you pay for it however only of the residual valuation.
                              NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X