Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chicken or the Egg!

I have an interesting situation.

I'm interested in buying a VRX LWB DiD manual but can't locate one in a dealership to test drive!

All the dealers I've seen won't order (read... say they can't locate) a vehicle for me to test drive unless I pay a $3000 holding deposit and I flatly refuse to pay a deposit for a vehicle that I'm not sure I want to buy. I'm not keen on the auto version which is more commonly available because of the DPF issues and I'm happy with my NP manual and not interested in an auto.

Anyone know of a VRX manual sitting at a dealership on the eastern seaboard (coast or inland, NSW - Vic)? I might have to consider a Disco 3 instead.

Dennis.

I bought a manual DiD VRX without driving one; a bit of a risk I know.

The dealer sourced one from WA, which we picked up 10 days after signing.

He agreed with my sarcastic comment that a manual does not fit the marketing target of the Pajero. He stated he could not afford to have one in the yard as he could not guarantee that it would move quickly enough not to lose money.

The clutch is light; the gear shift is not ultra slick, but not vague or lumpy. I come out of Disco2 TD5 manual; the Pajero manual is smoother to drive than that, it doesnt suffer from the urbo lag issues which the auto helped to mask, and you can actually let the revs drop below 1600 and still plant the foot and get a response
    Garth

Comment

Hopper, if I had the money to be in a position to consider getting the Disco 3, then I would have just got the Disco 3!

Surely you would be able to find a GLX manual to test drive? It will drive the same albeit with less kit and probably ride nicer on 17 inch rims. It will give you an exact idea as to how the engine/gearbox combo will go - then you can drive a VRX auto to assess other characteristics of the car.
      Drowned, RIP: NS DID VRX Auto, FP, TJM Sorkel, Cargo Barrier, Infill G4 car PC, Waeco CF-50, Icom IC 400 UHF, ARB deluxe bar, IPF 900XS HID upgrade and dual battery. Kings and Bilsteins, Brown Davis Bash plates, CSA 17 inch alloys with Cooper ST-Cs for the dirt, ORS fridgepack drawers, 90 litre water bladder, LRA aux fuel tank.

Comment

maybe someone here has a manual you could drive?
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

I think more people who could help you, would have read this post if you'd titled it "Looking for VRX DiD Manual"
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Schniff View Post
            Hopper, if I had the money to be in a position to consider getting the Disco 3, then I would have just got the Disco 3!

Surely you would be able to find a GLX manual to test drive? It will drive the same albeit with less kit and probably ride nicer on 17 inch rims. It will give you an exact idea as to how the engine/gearbox combo will go - then you can drive a VRX auto to assess other characteristics of the car.
            I wouldn't! Get a D3 that is.

I have had quite a few Landrovers and the last one, a Discovery 2, put me off them for life. It was not just the car which gave me a heap of problems, but the service, or lack of it. Landrover just don't care about their customers anymore.
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Garth and Schniff, you're correct in that I thought a GLX manual to test the gearchange, performance and feel of the vehicle would be the go, however everywhere I've asked, the standard reply is that the dealers only order the GLX's on firm customer orders (mostly Govt sales) and understandably they are reluctant to allow anyone to test drive a vehicle that's sold!

Adam, as for the D3, I had an extended test drive over three days and as a vehicle to drive and do everything you would expect (and more) of a good 4X4, I don't believe there is another vehicle anywhere that is even near the same class.
              Also under Govt purchase novated lease pricing there is only approx $6,500 difference in the cost of a VRX against a TDV6 SE Disco3 although on retail basis there's $20K+!

HOWEVER, there is the question of future resale value, exorbitant servicing costs (in relation to a Paj) & reliability, although the feedback I've had is that these new D3's are as reliable as anything in the market now.

Dennis.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X