ECU Flash upgrade Auto / manual ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU Flash upgrade Auto / manual ?

Anyone been to the motor show and asked the Mitsu Tech guys why apparently only the autos get the ECU upgrade, to quieten / improve the motor and not the manuals?

Dennis.

Didn't go to the 4WD show but have spoken to my local dealer and he said that a manual version should be here soon. Then again, that could mean 2010!
    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopperoo View Post
      Anyone been to the motor show and asked the Mitsu Tech guys why apparently only the autos get the ECU upgrade, to quieten / improve the motor and not the manuals?

Dennis.
      Since only the Autos have the DPF, they would have a different program.
      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Mike, I'm aware of the slightly different tuning of the auto / manual versions but originally I believe they were both as noisy as each other, now with the ECU flash "correction" I hear the auto is much quieter. I can't test drive a manual VRX as the dealers only order them when a sale is confirmed.

I'm a bit inclined to think the main (probably only) reason Mitsu has come up with the ECU fix in the autos is to try to correct the problems with the DPF.
        As the manuals don't have this issue (at this time) I doubt if quietening the manual version is a priority.

I would be ticked off big time to order one and then find it much noisier in the engine department than the equivalent auto, with no fix in site.

Dennis.

Comment

:Hopperoo, in my opinion the manual DID is a little ripper. Just got back from 4 days up on the Murray River (3.5hr haul on the Hume from home) and with the car (and roof) fully loaded, the fuel consumption (including some slow dirt tracks) was 10.1l/100km!

In terms of noise, I'm quite happy with it and I have been told by my service manager that they are working on the manual version of the ECU update so fingers crossed.

And then there's the DPF issues with the autos .......
          2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Hi Hookedon4wding,

Appreciate the feedback on the manual!

I have driven two DiD VRX autos and compared to my current NP manual DiD they seem to rev and roar and don't deliver the same performance. I guess I'm just accustomed to the manuals.

Recently drove a VRX auto demo at dealership with 2500kms on it and it had the DPF light glowing all the time!! Raised the issue with the dealer and his reply was "because I mostly drive it in town to keep the K's down, it has needed to have the burnoff done in the workshop several times"!! "It's just had the new fix done today"......but the light was still on!!!!

Also the ride over small bumps was very sharp and it seemed as though it wanted to "track / walk" over any small irregularities on the bitumen. Dealer didn't have a tyre gauge available but it felt like it had 60-70 PSI in the tyres. Wasn't impressed.

Dennis.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X