Set top box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set top box

Has anyone had any experience with a 12v DC set top box. Aim is to have one that can feed TV into the accessory socket in the back of the Jero.

If anyone has, what is the picture stability experience, what effort has been needed to get the aerial set up.

Thanks

Dan C
    Dan C; Stock NS Exceed DID Auto w T'bar, Magellan Explorist XL w DAST topo, Tom Tom One

http://www.ciderhouse.com.au/media/h...lasso#F2-1010T

This Humax model runs on 12volt - i use it on a boat - just got a new plug and wired it up. Antenna is a multi-directional marine unit.

? hope this might help

Matt
    2001 NM Exceed 3.5 auto, OME suspension,extractors, PIAA H4 combination driving / fog lights, Factory Alloy Bar, BFG's, dark dark tint !! - love this car !

Comment

Originally posted by danc12 View Post
      Has anyone had any experience with a 12v DC set top box. Aim is to have one that can feed TV into the accessory socket in the back of the Jero.

If anyone has, what is the picture stability experience, what effort has been needed to get the aerial set up.

Thanks

Dan C
      Hi,
      I have used a 12 volt 'Humax' digital set top box in my caravan (for the last 4 years) with exceptional results. Purchased it from 'Solar Express' at Caboolture, Queensland (www.solarxpress.com.au). Their phone number is 1800 800 846.
      Was quite expensive ($299) but I think worth the cost.
      Solar Express has a very comprehensive Caravan and Motorhome product manual with lots of 12Volt stuff. It is worth getting a free copy.
      (Incidentally, I have no connection with this Company).
      I use a small, multi-element 'Explorer' Antenna (www.explorer-rv.com.au) which works much better than most of the available dipole style antennas.
      If you can pick up analog signals successfully, the Humax always seems to give a better result.
      The Humax, like all Digital set top boxes, works well with a good signal but when signal strength is marginal, they either work well or not at all. Under these circumstances of zero digital output, I just switch thru to a 'snowy' analog compromise.
      Hope this helps. Fred.

manu
      NS Exceed DiD, 08/2007 build, Hayman Reece Towbar & Hitch, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, GME TX3440 UHF, TJM dual battery tray, TJM 0321BSKIT dual battery Controller, Supercharge deep cycle/starting capability second battery, Milford rear cargo barrier, ECB alloy bullbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X