No announcement yet.

time to move on or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still on the subject of leave or not I've decided to leave as my PB Challenger will be 10 years old next year and is a low kilometre unit with 87,000 on it.We have decided to sell it privately after taking delivery of our new Kia Seltos which is expected early July. The Challenger from day one has exceeded my expectations and is in immaculate condition but as we are both in our seventies we have decided to downsize to a city SUV.
    2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

Originally posted by pb4x2 View Post
      Still on the subject of leave or not I've decided to leave as my PB Challenger will be 10 years old next year and is a low kilometre unit with 87,000 on it.We have decided to sell it privately after taking delivery of our new Kia Seltos which is expected early July. The Challenger from day one has exceeded my expectations and is in immaculate condition but as we are both in our seventies we have decided to downsize to a city SUV.
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don’t do it!
      02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels with Black Bear A/T tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

Sorry,I just realized the OP was not thinking of abandoning the ship like me but staying on board and I fully understand as Mitsubishi produces great vehicles.
        2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

Two weeks ago, there was an expo in the town where I live about electric cars. Naturally, I went up to see what it was all about. All the owners there were raving about their cars (don't we all?), but the key thing I noted was the depreciation. HUGE amounts of money in depreciation every year. The initial prices were of course very high, but they were talking about maybe $40000 depreciation over 3 years. Currently, you can buy a lot of fuel for that sort of money. They claimed that maintenance costs were virtually zero, and the costs to recharge were very low as well. Yes - that may be the case, but you would have to be driving hundreds of thousands of km before you even came close to recouping the difference in fuel costs.

The same applies for new diesel Pajeros. You can buy a lot of fuel and have a lot of maintenance done for the price of depreciation on a new or late model Pajero. If you are happy to drive a 10 year old car instead of a new one, it is only hte technical improvements which could sway y your choice, but frankly I don't think the latest technical improvements justify that sort of expenditure.

Comment

Originally posted by pb4x2 View Post
            I believe what you have said makes perfect sense. This is the time now to pamper yourselves with some creature comforts, and the city SUVs are also easier on your back, when riding around town.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketrod View Post
              Good afternoon all,
              I have an 2011 NT GLS that has served me faithfully over 170,000 kms (including towing our caravan right around oz a couple of times) with regular servicing by dealers and my local mechanic. Unfortunately no-one has filled in how often the the tappets have been adjusted and injection system removed, is there any way of knowing this from inspection or bolt tensions etc.
              So do I get the injection pipes etc replaced or should I bight the bullet and sell old faithful and get a newer Paj with low kms. I look at newer Pajeros and can't help but think I'm getting exactly the same car and parting with $50,000 for the privilege.
              I'd love to hear other thoughts or experiences
              Take care,
              Rod
              One thing i think of these day is,

This life is not a dress rehearsal, so if you like Pajero's & want a shiny one, you can afford to do such without being a slave to the bank.
              As they say NIKE it!

Just do it..........

You'll be dead along time.

I'm no expert, but i be,lieve later models little bit quieter in cab, it will rattle less as it's newer & Apple Car play personally i like that.

I brought MY16 GLS 88,000k's reasons as above.

Later model than that wasn't for me, not really interested in DPF & taller diff ratio didn't excite me either, although a GLX later model would have been similar money just before COVID this was.

Do i need it, no definately not.
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier

Comment

I find myself with the same thoughts at the moment - do I upgrade the faithful 'ol NT to a new shiny version of itself? Trading in for the younger model - sounds like a mid-life crisis.

After a bit of a look around, there are still a few Final Edition GLX units available, very few (if any) GLS F/E, and think the Exceeds are out.

The Pajero is a great unit and serves all my needs, sometimes its too big but always does the job. And just great for traveling, and the plan is to do a lot more of that going forward. So feels like a good time to move, cause they ain't makin any more of these.

Anyone looking for an NT Active? (Maybe....)

NT Active MY10, Auto DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X