No announcement yet.

NT Suspension Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know of any other available coils with a lighter rate closer to standard?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by 06 np vrx View Post
      Thanks so much OJ, great info.
      I'll just process that for a bit, seems a bit of a jump in rate for the front springs but I guess its probably about as light a rate available without a custom coil.

Jim
      Hi Jim,

OME front coils are 11.63kg/mm but the shorteset free length is 320mm so this will ride heigher than a 11.68kg/mm and 315mm coil.

King do tapered wire progressive rate "comfort" coils for the front and rear but only in raised coils.

You could always get a set of new factory coils from a NX that has had a suspension change and fit these with aftermarket struts/shockers.

Personally I find the Gen 4 factory front and rear spring rates too low and the struts/shockers too firm on compression and too soft on rebound. So the suspension tends to not be that well controlled as it articulates. Running too higher tyre pressures make the factory suspension work even harder.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

old Jack - Where do you pull the spring rates etc for the king springs from?

I’m keen to look into some lifted spring rates for some research and personal interest about rear spring choices.

Cheers

Bennie
        2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Very good idea about some late model gen 4 springs that might be the way to go.

thanks jim

Comment

Hello All
            I am having trouble finding a shop that has Koni shocks in stock.
            Does anyone know of any ?
            Thanks
            Mark

Comment

Hi guys, very interesting read this topic. I’m about to replace my suspension with a set of dobinsons that are on eBay just over $1700 I recall. Do I need to change brake lines etc to compensate for the extra height. The vehicle is not used for off-road but it has spent over half it’s life towing a heavy caravan. Current speedo is just over 276k kilometres on original shocks and springs. Thanks OJ for your spring data, mine have sagged considerably. I guess the main question is are these eBay specials good value or not.
              2011 NT Platinum, SPV egr mod, ARB Sahara bar, ARB Intensity lights, Redarc DC/DC40, Redarc Tow-Pro elite, Clearview mirrors, Uniden 8020, Pioneer AVZ-H5050BT, ARK pac 715 with 100a/hr agm, Evakool fridg, Hema HX1, Steinbauer module, M&M Lockup Mate and more.

Comment

Rusty1 -
                ​​​no need to get longer brake lines unless you’re doing a subframe drop or some other larger than normal lift.

As for springs, we did our NP for just under $400 with a set of King Springs. I’ve since found an unlisted number from their parts catalogue that I’d prefer so will look into a set of those soon, should pick up the rear a tiny bit more. We did Dad’s NT the same with the same price too. Both vehicles retained the shocks that they came with as they were aftermarket replacements and there was nothing wrong with them.

You’ll love the feel of the new springs and struts. Such a better ride over the sagged springs that came out.

Cheers

Bennie
                2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Just buy King coils, they are not expensive, quality is great, good range and a long warranty, also made in Australia!
                  Be careful with coil selection, do not believe what catalogue, advertisers, resellers or installers tell you, as many can testify on this forum that have got the wrong coil for their particular application. Gen 3/4 Pajero are very sensitive to coil selection and it is easy to get the wrong coils.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

I recently upgraded my suspension at around 120,000ks, King coils, Bilstein shocks and Airbag man airbags. Totally transformed the car, much more enjoyable to drive and the airbags negate the need for load levelling devices. Very happy with the results
                    2010 GLS silver, colour coded ARB bullbar, dual batteries, electric brakes and a button that I have no idea of

Comment

Now is the time to be ordering your king springs from super cheap - about $50 off each set front and rear with the current sales.

I’ve got a set of KCRR-35HD on our NP with airbags and 81L aux tank and next size up tyres. Our other NP has KCRR-35HC springs, no tank and standard tyre size, this one sits much higher so I’m wanting to try out a set of the HCs (not listed on the kings website catelogue but found in many lifting kits offered by agents and available through SCA). At about $150 for a set of springs, now is the time to have a go at them for me.

Cheers

Bennie

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X