No announcement yet.

New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK getting ready for a trip away. Probably 8 to 10k kms. Not everything can be done before going....... Would like a auxiliary tank, set up the rear better etc.

Having 2nd battery installed today, so put pics up in few days. 2nd Battery tray is from Offroad downunder that was 2nd hand given to me. It was missing one bracket. Battery was a nightmare, either to big or to small. Or to expensive....... So went with Supercharge D50z 80AH Deep Cycle Battery. I already had a CTEK D250s, so used that.

I think the clock spring maybe faulty as I can hear some grinding noise when turning steering wheel. Its inside and near steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by outbakjak View Post
      I think the clock spring maybe faulty as I can hear some grinding noise when turning steering wheel. Its inside and near steering wheel.
      There's been a few posts on here about steering column making a noise when turned. Often turned out to be the rubber boot where it goes through the firewall. Bit of rubber grease was the cure from memory. Have a bit of a dig around the forum.

And when you get to Vic there's plenty of places other than Mt Buller to see snow. (Probably cheaper too!)

2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post

There's been a few posts on here about steering column making a noise when turned. Often turned out to be the rubber boot where it goes through the firewall. Bit of rubber grease was the cure from memory. Have a bit of a dig around the forum.

And when you get to Vic there's plenty of places other than Mt Buller to see snow. (Probably cheaper too!)
        Cheers, will see what I can find for noise....... and also chasing some snow.

Comment

OK few more updates..........

Out with new stereo, in with the old.......

Click image for larger version  Name:	OEM Headunit.jpg Views:	6 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	1110672 Click image for larger version  Name:	OEM Head unit 2.jpg Views:	6 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	1110673

Dual Battery System installed. Mainly to run fridge and few camp lights etc.

SuperCharge Amptech D50Z Deep cycle Battery

Specs for the propellor heads like me.........

Equivalent Battery ref : HCM24SMF / M24 / DC24 / MSDP24 / ED50

Deep Cycle Maintainable Batteries

High Density Plate Design to Deliver Maximum Power

Withstands Extensive Discharge and Re-Charge Cycles

D50Z
          Nominal Voltage: 12
          RC @ (25°C): 145
          AH: 80
          Length: 259
          Width: 174
          Height: 201
          TH: 222
          Wet Weight: 16.8
          Assembly: D
          Post Type: DST
          Other Features: CV, FDH
          Warranty: 12
          Battery Type: Maintainable

CTEK D250S. It is the older model, however I have several of them..... Battery tray is a Offroad Down Under. Was given to me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dual Battery 1.jpg Views:	6 Size:	225.3 KB ID:	1110674 Click image for larger version  Name:	Dual Battery 3.jpg Views:	6 Size:	154.5 KB ID:	1110675 Click image for larger version  Name:	Dual Battery 5.jpg Views:	6 Size:	187.0 KB ID:	1110676 Click image for larger version  Name:	Rear Set up.jpg Views:	6 Size:	283.0 KB ID:	1110677

Rear outlet not screwed down yet. Not sure where it will finish up

Last edited by outbakjak; 6 days ago.

Comment

Interested to hear what your thoughts were on the big screen radio you took out. Most people are not fans of the original stereo so keen to find out what you liked /disliked about the big screen?
            NT Pajero RX auto 5 door. Nudge bar, LED light bar, ProVent catch can, EGR resistor mod, dual battery, 265/65/18 Cooper ATT. Joying Android Head unit with TPMS, Dash Cam, and TorquePro via OBD2 . Alpine amps, infinity splits and sub, sound deadening in doors. Scanguage. GME UHF with 2.1db antenna. Clear view tow mirrors. Rubber floor/mud mats. Led interior lights and brake/tail & reverse lights. EVC Throttle Controller, Race Chip RS with Bluetooth control. AutoMate Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark RSA2AU View Post
              Interested to hear what your thoughts were on the big screen radio you took out. Most people are not fans of the original stereo so keen to find out what you liked /disliked about the big screen?
              Main thing I didn't like was it also the AC control. If it failed, no A/C etc. Also it was just too big and complicated for my liking.

I am not a big fan of standard head unit. However I now have 5.1 Stereo back, rear speakers etc. Actually havent check rear speakers yet. I will look for aftermarket head unit later.

Comment

Main thing I didn't like was it also the AC control. If it failed, no A/C etc. Also it was just too big and complicated for my liking.

I am not a big fan of standard head unit. However I now have 5.1 Stereo back, rear speakers etc. Actually havent check rear speakers yet. I will look for aftermarket head unit later.
                Thanks outback jack

Looks like you have the Rockford system so the big screen unit may not have been wired up to suit and hence the front speakers only. I agree with you on the reliability of the units and it's control of the AC. Many of the aftermarket Android units are glitchy and you don't want it to need an "update" or to be reset from a USB when you are off the beaten path...
                NT Pajero RX auto 5 door. Nudge bar, LED light bar, ProVent catch can, EGR resistor mod, dual battery, 265/65/18 Cooper ATT. Joying Android Head unit with TPMS, Dash Cam, and TorquePro via OBD2 . Alpine amps, infinity splits and sub, sound deadening in doors. Scanguage. GME UHF with 2.1db antenna. Clear view tow mirrors. Rubber floor/mud mats. Led interior lights and brake/tail & reverse lights. EVC Throttle Controller, Race Chip RS with Bluetooth control. AutoMate Pro.

Comment

So ready for trip tomorrow I think. I have never loaded a roof rack before and have no idea on tying things down..... Tried ratchet straps, but the rack seem to get in the way of the ratchets..... So no idea. Hopefully I can work it out......

Comment

Wonder with the large km's on this Pajero how the interior has held up. Seats, floor mat & carpet, door moving parts,etc would seem to be well worn unless it was really looked after. My 06 NS has only as 120km on clock and is showing its age.

I'd also rebuild your HBB motor before heading bush. Its a nightmare if this goes out on you as can't simply use unassisted power brakes with this type of design

Comment

OK few more updates..........

Out with new stereo, in with the old.......

Click image for larger version Name:	OEM Headunit.jpg Views:	6 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	1110672 Click image for larger version Name:	OEM Head unit 2.jpg Views:	6 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	1110673

Dual Battery System installed. Mainly to run fridge and few camp lights etc.

SuperCharge Amptech D50Z Deep cycle Battery

Specs for the propellor heads like me.........

Equivalent Battery ref : HCM24SMF / M24 / DC24 / MSDP24 / ED50

Deep Cycle Maintainable Batteries

High Density Plate Design to Deliver Maximum Power

Withstands Extensive Discharge and Re-Charge Cycles

D50Z
                      Nominal Voltage: 12
                      RC @ (25°C): 145
                      AH: 80
                      Length: 259
                      Width: 174
                      Height: 201
                      TH: 222
                      Wet Weight: 16.8
                      Assembly: D
                      Post Type: DST
                      Other Features: CV, FDH
                      Warranty: 12
                      Battery Type: Maintainable

CTEK D250S. It is the older model, however I have several of them..... Battery tray is a Offroad Down Under. Was given to me.

Click image for larger version Name:	Dual Battery 1.jpg Views:	6 Size:	225.3 KB ID:	1110674 Click image for larger version Name:	Dual Battery 3.jpg Views:	6 Size:	154.5 KB ID:	1110675 Click image for larger version Name:	Dual Battery 5.jpg Views:	6 Size:	187.0 KB ID:	1110676 Click image for larger version Name:	Rear Set up.jpg Views:	6 Size:	283.0 KB ID:	1110677

Rear outlet not screwed down yet. Not sure where it will finish up

Many examples of the dcdc charger failing/malfunctioning due to the engine bay heat. Might want to rethink its location. It will also be directing heat into the battery from where it is sitting...they can get quite warm. What about near the headlight so its getting airflow? Its sitting at the highest point in the bay and once you stop driving all the heat will accumulate at this height.
                      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
                      Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Originally posted by benckj View Post
                        Wonder with the large km's on this Pajero how the interior has held up. Seats, floor mat & carpet, door moving parts, etc would seem to be well worn unless it was really looked after. My 06 NS has only as 120km on clock and is showing its age.

I'd also rebuild your HBB motor before heading bush. Its a nightmare if this goes out on you as can't simply use unassisted power brakes with this type of design
                        Leather on drivers bit worn, rest is ok. It has been driven around Australia few times, so fair wear and tear. Carpets etc are ok.

Need to replace the door strikers( I think that is what it is calls, it keeps door open) , especially drivers side, cheap enough and I have them

Will see getting HBB done down south somewhere. To expensive and no knowledge up here to rebuild it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post

Many examples of the dcdc charger failing/malfunctioning due to the engine bay heat. Might want to rethink its location. It will also be directing heat into the battery from where it is sitting...they can get quite warm. What about near the headlight so its getting airflow? Its sitting at the highest point in the bay and once you stop driving all the heat will accumulate at this height.
                          Cheers. It was the best I could do with the time I had. Will see how it goes.

Comment

First day down for our travels. So good so far, except fuel is bit more higher than I thought it may have been. Getting around 12.5 L/100km. Probably not bad I guess. It is around 30 odd degrees, roof rack has bedding on it etc.

Comment

The good news is that (if you are heading south) the colder air in the southern states will improve your fuel economy
                              2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

OK in Adelaide. Pretty uneventful trip so far. Think there maybe something wrong with torque convertor, not sure.....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X