Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a rear camera - wiring there already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a rear camera - wiring there already?

Does anyone know if the wiring for the OEM rear-view camera is part of the stock wiring loom? That is, if I add a rear-view camera can I tap into the existing wiring or will I need to run a completely new wire from back to front? (If it is part of the stock loom, can anyone tell me exactly where to pick up the wires at each end of the car?)

If I need to run a new cable, what is the best path to take if I am going from the number-plate lights inside the back door?
    NT MY10 VRX DiD Auto (charcoal grey) with MMA towbar & nudge bar plus sundry other MMA bits including neoprene seat covers, Lightforce 170 Striker spotties, Milford cargo barrier, Hankook Ventus tyres on 18" OEM alloy rims and 17" BFG A/T KO tyres on 17" OEM steel rims, Redarc TowPro brake controller, DigOptions replacement head unit with reversing camera, full set of Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson suspension

I think the wiring already in. In the spare tyre door you will see a plug, in cars with the camera that is in use, cars without it not connected. Have a look in the spare tyre door to confirm.
    NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      Does anyone know if the wiring for the OEM rear-view camera is part of the stock wiring loom? That is, if I add a rear-view camera can I tap into the existing wiring or will I need to run a completely new wire from back to front? (If it is part of the stock loom, can anyone tell me exactly where to pick up the wires at each end of the car?)

If I need to run a new cable, what is the best path to take if I am going from the number-plate lights inside the back door?
      you're kidding? that would be great. I'm about to add a camera to the back of my NS.

If anyone knows where I can pick up these wires, that'd be great

Comment

Originally posted by cooperplace View Post
        you're kidding? that would be great. I'm about to add a camera to the back of my NS.
        Would love to hear a report on how you go, as I'd like to do the same sometime.
        2007 NS DiD GLX, Auto. ECB Bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, Parrot Handsfree, Spotties, Sliders, Rear Storage System, Bash Plates, Dual Battery, Roof Stuff.

RIP: Lost in 2011 QLD floods - 1995 NK GLX 2.8D, 5-speed Manual. ARB Bullbar, Spotties, Cargo Barrier, Tow Bar, Turbo Timer.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X