Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firewall penetrations for cables. NT Pajero.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall penetrations for cables. NT Pajero.

This has probably been asked before,is there any place reasonably accessable to feed cables through the fire wall on the drivers side without drilling holes as it seems a bit like russian roulett with all the wires ect. on the inside wall.I want to run some wires for my driving lights switch.
    MY10 NT Pajero DID. ARB colour coder Bull Bar,WarnXD9000 winch,bushskinz intercooler sump & transmission guards,Lovells/Bilsteins 2" lift,GME 3300 UHF,Pirana DBE180S dual battery system,Rear drawers ,Engel 60ltr Frige/Freezer combo,53ltr water tank with elect. pump,ARB CKMP 12 Air Compressor,Rhino Pioneer Alloy Platform Rack,Foxwing Awning.

I ran all wires through the left hand side.

Run a 7 core cable into the car then any future wiring will be in place.

use contura switches these fit the cut outs right side steering column.

on off switch 8230 Available through Arid Australia.

Michael.
    2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Originally posted by maxiee View Post
      This has probably been asked before,is there any place reasonably accessable to feed cables through the fire wall on the drivers side without drilling holes as it seems a bit like russian roulett with all the wires ect. on the inside wall.I want to run some wires for my driving lights switch.
      As HSV said, I put my Narva wiring loom switch wires through a small rubber grommet, on the LHS of the vehicle also. I drilled a small 5mm?? hole through the grommet, so I could pass the yellow trigger wire and the larger black group of wires through into the cabin. You can prise the grommet out first, so you drill the hole through it more easily.
      The grommet in question is at end of the red arrows in my photos. Also, you can see I mounted my fuse and relay on an existing bolt on the firewall. Don't look too closely at the excess wire looped there as well. Narva give you a little too much wire, I think.
      Its fairly low down on the passenger side of your Paj and you'll have to take a couple of the plastic covers carefully off inside, from down in the footwell to prise the carpet back, so you can see where the wire comes through into the cabin, a bit fiddly, but neat and no risk. Dust and waterproof as well.
      I also attached the yellow switch wire to the drivers side Highbeam globe, as the LHS was almost impossible to get at, for me anyway.

PS: You don't say what brand of lights you have, but I guess it'll be a similar setup. Anyway, You only asked about an access hole, so that's my solution. Have fun!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pajero001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	956937 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pajero002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	956938
      Last edited by Silver Streak; 04-03-11, 10:37 AM.
      Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
      Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Thanks guys, the only problem I have is the main battery now sits in that spot and completely blocks access. I purchased some Narva 225 Driving Lights from flea bay (4WDExtream) then purchased the Narva 74410 switch and loom.

Cheers,
        Maxie.
        MY10 NT Pajero DID. ARB colour coder Bull Bar,WarnXD9000 winch,bushskinz intercooler sump & transmission guards,Lovells/Bilsteins 2" lift,GME 3300 UHF,Pirana DBE180S dual battery system,Rear drawers ,Engel 60ltr Frige/Freezer combo,53ltr water tank with elect. pump,ARB CKMP 12 Air Compressor,Rhino Pioneer Alloy Platform Rack,Foxwing Awning.

Comment

If I were you and had the two batteries already in I would cut through the small rubber grommet from inside the cabin and feed as much wire as you can through the hole.
          It will eventually appear, probably will fall to the ground under or near the motor, grab hold of whatever bit you can and pull it up into the engine bay and route it where you want to. A cut up wire coat hanger can work wonders to fish wires out of wierd places, I would probably disco batteries before using the coat hanger fishing expedition.
          It will take a bit of fiddling but if you keep it away from all the hot bits it would be safer than drilling a hole on the driver side.

Good Luck.
          Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by The Commodore View Post
            A cut up wire coat hanger can work wonders to fish wires out of weird places.
            I use a piece of wire as well, I usually make a point on one end and tape the wire on the opposite end, this allows you to push it through rubber grommets without making a cut in it. Lube like silicone spray makes it go through more easily.
            NT GLS Manual.

Comment

Originally posted by maxiee View Post
              I purchased some Narva 225 Driving Lights from flea bay (4WDExtream) then purchased the Narva 74410 switch and loom.

Cheers,
              Maxie.
              Love those 225's.....and I love that car, for that matter.

Down at Moana Beach SA.

They'll be attached to a ARB colour coded Deluxe, next week.
              Last edited by Silver Streak; 04-03-11, 08:25 PM.
              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
              Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

It is possible to feed cable thru' the firewall where the bonnet cable passes.

Comment

Why not just go thru the large rubber boot poking out near that grommet underneath where a 2nd battery sits. Although I have an NP, the NT is identical going by the pics. Thru that piece of rubber I have 2 x 8ga wires for the rear outlet, cb aerial co-ax and some 6mm twin core to feed an additional accessory fuse box. Others have fed far more than that thru it. You dont need to make any additional holes, just make sure you reseal the end of the rubber boot. If you go down this path, think of future uses and do all your cabling at the one time. It is a PITA to have to remove that battery when you need to feed more thru (been there, done that). As for the bonnet release cable grommit, I have my hi-beam trigger from the RH headlight and the return conductor to the relay thru this point (cause I couldn't be arsed to remove the bat and tray once again). IIRC, I did have to poke a hole in that one, I just couldn't poke anything thru the existing hole, but it is up very high, little chance of water entry.

Shane.
                  MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

I absolutely agree with you sharkcaver but Maxie appeared to indicate that he did not want to remove the second battery to do the job.
                    Like you and others I used the large cable entry and have fat future use wires installed , which with Murphys Law I probably will never need them.
                    That small gommet is begging to be used in this case though and it's not a bad size to fit a couple of good switch size wires along with a couple of larger ones.
                    Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by The Commodore View Post
                      Maxie appeared to indicate that he did not want to remove the second battery to do the job.
                      I cant argue with that, its a PITA. Just no one had mentioned the "expandable" boot, so I thought I'd chuck that thought into the mix

Shane.
                      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. My14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

Love from the dime a dozen, lonely army type/weekend warrior dude with a dual cab and all the same shit as everyone else who doesn't know any better. Thanks for the tip Bru.

NX buildhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ive%5B1%5D.gif

My Journeys

Comment

Working...
                      X