Replace rear cargo area roof light??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace rear cargo area roof light??

Has anyone a tip on how to replace the rear interior cargo light suround back into the ceiling?

I pulled mine out and the clips that hold it in place just sit loosely in the space between the roof and the ceiling so trying to get them to stay in place while you push the suround back in is a bugger....
    Cheers, J

NT RX 2009 3.2TD Manual Ironbark with the usual stuff

replace rear cargo light

Hi J

I have replaced all my interior lights with leds on my NS. The rear cargo light is a bit of a pain as you say. What you will have to do is remove the door seal at the roof lining then take out the 3 plugs holding the roof lining up.
    You then need to put your hand between roof and lining and put the metal clips back on while holding the light in place. Once the clips are on push the light on tight, replace plugs and rubber seal.
    Hope this helps

Dave
    NS DiD VRX, ARB Steel Bar, Roo Lites, Safari Snorkel, GME UHF, 2" Lift, Poly Airs, Dual Batteries, Cooper Tyres, Ecu remap, 3inch exhaust, Imax 12000lb Winch,

Comment

I'm having the same problem. How do you remove the door seal? has anyone found an alternative method of securing this light or a sutable replacement?
      2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

DYRTFM ?

If you need to remove the light assy. to replace a globe the book would have instructions on how to do it wouldn't it ?
        2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
        2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Lance,
          Yes I have read the Manual and no it does not help(changing the bulb is a peice of cake and not relevent to discussion).
          The reason for the removal of the fitting was to gain access to power for adding an LED light strip to provide some light over the open draws as the existing light is angled inward.
          2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X