Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will NM NP NS towbar fit an NT

Hello forum

Just sold my NM V6 for a 2011 NT RX diesel and was hoping someone could let me know if the MM towbar from the NM and NP and NS will fit the NT i had a look under both and they look very much the same mounting with 4 bolts each side. Apart from the cut in the bumper will they fit. Also are the wiring looms the same. I was quoted $553 for a MM towbar and $500 to fit it. OUCH. I would be fitting myself but was looking to get a 2nd hand towbar for less $$$. MM also said the wiring loom can not be sold seperate. Any info would be helpful.

Cheers
    Luke
    2011 NT RX DID Cool Silver | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP 12V Dyneema BLACK Premium Edition | Lovells/Bilsteins HD 2" Lift | Safari Snorkel | Bushskinz Bashplates | MM Towbar | SPV EGR Mod | Gme 4400 UHF | RFI CDQ5000B Antenna | Rhino Pioneer Platform | IPF XS900 HID |40" 240w Lightbar | 80AH SSB Dual batt | Redarc BCDC1220 | TJM Canvas Seat Covers rear Black Sheeps Wool Covers front | 18W Twin Rear Lightbars | Bushskinz Side Steps

OLD CAR 2001 NM V6

Did you have any luck finding an answer.... ?

I find myself asking if a ns to nx will fit an np
    04 GLS NP 3.2 AUTO Diesel, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, 81L Aux Tank, UHF Roof Console, Alloy Bull Bar, Lovell 36mm Nitro Gas Shocks, Lovell HD 50mm Lift, Rear Poly Air Bags, 265/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks, 65L Waeco CFX Fridge/Freezer, Kings Rooftop Tent.

Comment

The wiring loom they speak of is a harness that gets plugged into the car, it has some smarts so that the canbus does not get upset with the addition of the towbar. While the physical bar oitself might fit with the NT the wiring harness makes it work. This is somethig the nm/P doesnt need. While the underpinnings of the car are the same, I cannot tell you whether it will for sure as I havent done it therefore cannot be certain.

The NP bull bars will bolt to a NS but not the NT/X so there are differences in the model just not sure how different. Look at the likes of BTC and Hayman resse as to the model selection. Often this will give you a guide as to whether it might be possible if they use the same bar across the models.
      95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 running 18psi 2inch lift, 2 inch body lift, factory rear LSD maxxis bighorn muddies 25,000klms after total engine rebuild - Club reged Currently around 307,000klms

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver Bone stoke getting a engine rebuild after a Major overheat (previous owner) - My current project

Comment

I bought a loom for my NS about 18 months ago from https://www.rhiatechautomotive.com.au/ . They are still out there. I did see some aftermarket ones as well. The NS and older tow bars would be rated to 2.5 ton, where as the NT 3.
        Cheers,
        Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
        Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Working...
        X