Pedders suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedders suspension

Hi has anyone got the heavy duty Pedders sprints 40mm lift and Heavy duty Pedders shocks, if so how do they go as I was offered for $1495 installed and four wheel alignment. Janelle
    2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

For a comparison of cost... my lovells and bilsteins cost me a total of $1485 supplied fitted and wheel aligned....

So for the price you mentioned i wouldnt go near the pedders gear!!
    | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
    | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
    | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
    | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

Have not heard anyone recommend Pedders, ever .
      MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
      Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
      http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

Originally posted by wrexy View Post
        Have not heard anyone recommend Pedders, ever .
        I have bilstein legs with pedders springs on my shorty, great ride and not harsh/teeth rattling like other combinations seen on shortys
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Apparently their shocks are re-branded Monroes, which are better than stock, but aren't even close to the quality of Bilsteins.
          Mentioned before that you need to remember that Pedders' outlets are the way the Pedder boys fund their weekends of rallying. Also don't think much of their method of drawing customers by offering 'free' safety-checks (like Midas franchises), as the rather predictable outcome is a long list of dubious problems that need to be fixed!?!
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie-Ray View Post
            Apparently their shocks are re-branded Monroes
            That is a fact. Pedders shocks are made my Monroe but are just painted red.
            Monroe also manufacture OME shocks for ARB I am pretty sure....
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

And you probably find lovells make the tjm kit
              NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
              Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                And you probably find lovells make the tjm kit
                they dont but i know who does a lot of the tjm stuff.
                Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
                Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

i have had Ironman springs / strut shocks on my NM for a few years now and i have to say i can,t complain about any issues from on road handleing to off road rough stuff which i do every now and then . there are a few brand names on the market and i am sure most of will suit the bill so to speak as long as there a heavy duty type set up plus there is a guarantee if or when something should fail within the waranty period plus. for my likings; have a peep of the IronMan gear .
                  NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stevie-Ray;331847]Apparently their shocks are re-branded Monroes, which are better than stock, but aren't even close to the quality of Bilsteins.
                    Mentioned before that you need to remember that Pedders' outlets are the way the Pedder boys fund their weekends of rallying. Also don't think much of their method of drawing customers by offering 'free' safety-checks (like Midas franchises), as the rather predictable outcome is a long list of dubious problems that need to be fixed!?!

I don't mind a long list of things to be fixed under warranty they can give me one of them any day lol, Michael
                    2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

Can I see a list of people on here who either work, or run a business NOT to enjoy the fruits of that on a weekend???
                      Silly statement IMHO.

But, I dont like Pedders stuff anyway. Far better out there. Billies, and Lovells OK by me.
                      2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                      Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                      2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

Monroe manufacture dampers for a number of brands - but that doesn't mean that all these different "brands" are the same damper with different paint / stickers. For instance, ARB provide the specs to Monroe for Monroe to manufacture, and the resulting Old Man Emu product(s) are unique to ARB.

I don't like Pedders. I won't use them, and would never adivse anybody to go there - other than for the cheap safety check, after which they should treat the results with a large amount of scepticism.

I haven't looked for a while, but last time I checked I noticed that the Pedders boys weren't using their own suspension on their rally cars. In my opinion, they manufacture cheap for the mass market - if you want to go off-road, look elsewhere for suspension.
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
                          i have had Ironman springs / strut shocks on my NM for a few years now and i have to say i can,t complain about any issues from on road handleing to off road rough stuff which i do every now and then . there are a few brand names on the market and i am sure most of will suit the bill so to speak as long as there a heavy duty type set up plus there is a guarantee if or when something should fail within the waranty period plus. for my likings; have a peep of the IronMan gear .
                          with regard to IM shocks I would not use them as they do not work in off road situations.
                          recently my Bilstiens died rears.

I needed a replacement that day, all that was available was IM rears. these worked on road but S soon as the corrigations and the rougher tracks started they faded away being useless.
                          2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Originally posted by HSV Rangie View Post
                            with regard to IM shocks I would not use them as they do not work in off road situations.
                            recently my Bilstiens died rears.

I needed a replacement that day, all that was available was IM rears. these worked on road but S soon as the corrigations and the rougher tracks started they faded away being useless.
                            Hmmm! May not have been the shocks to blame.. Load & how old were the coils would play a big part too.. Not saying this to upset anyone here but I will say I know a few running Ironman Shocks & coils & swear by them.. So to outright say they don't work in off road situations to me is just not correct!

Also if all is up to standards & a shock fails talk to the retailer who sold them or contact the wholesaler if in the warranty period..

Biggest thing to remember when purchasing Springs & Shocks is to let them, (the retailer), know what Accessories you have & under what circumstances you use the vehicle... ie) Towing/load..

Gus.
                            VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                            NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                              Hmmm! May not have been the shocks to blame.. Load & how old were the coils would play a big part too.. Not saying this to upset anyone here but I will say I know a few running Ironman Shocks & coils & swear by them.. So to outright say they don't work in off road situations to me is just not correct!

Also if all is up to standards & a shock fails talk to the retailer who sold them or contact the wholesaler if in the warranty period..

Biggest thing to remember when purchasing Springs & Shocks is to let them, (the retailer), know what Accessories you have & under what circumstances you use the vehicle... ie) Towing/load..

Gus.
                              This I know Gus,

sadly in this case its the shocks that are not up to the task. ( MY CAR MY CIRCUMSTANCES)

These were put on as they were available immediately as my S/dDaughter drives it.
                              Any shock is better than NO shock.

As stated they are fine for on road but IMO they dont' cut when the going gets harder, they return to function upon cooling, but soon fade again.

As a refference the bilstiens never ever behaved that way prior to thier failure (which I am not amused by) but you get that.
                              2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X