Aftermarket.NW Recovery point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket.NW Recovery point

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across a rated recovery point for the NW yet. ARB haven't produced one yet & I have searched the net & this forum with no joy. Hard to believe that there is nothing available given how long the NW has been in the market now.
    2013 MY13 Platinum, Pearl Paint, Colour coded ARB Deluxe winch bar with Tigerz11 12000lb Domin8tr winch, Plasma rope, Lightforce 210 Genesis HID Spotlights, Dual battery, GME 40 Ch UHF. Bushskinz bash plates, Lovells 50mm lift with Bilsteins, BFG 265/70 All Terrains. More to come.

Unfortunately ARB don't think the Pajero is a "serious 4WD" and thus don't produce recovery points or airbag compliant side steps for it.
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

So the NW doesn't have the pair of recovery points on the front?
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

This has been covered a number of times. Here's a video that someone pointed to previously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPXixsvjDjY

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

Rated recovery points are over-rated! Yes the after market recovery points and attachment bolts are tested and rated but the structure they bolt on to is not.
          Why pay good money to add some more weight to your vehicle even if they are painted red, yellow or orange!

The standard factory loops at the front have been tested multiple times and found satisfactory. Alan Whiting did some tests when the Pajero's went to monocoque construction after the industry rumour mill said you needed a full ladder chassis and rated recovery points.

Always use an equaliser strap on any modern 4wd ,if it is going to be a hard pull, whether it is using factory or after market recovery points and even a full chassis vehicle will twist out of alignment if the forces are great enough.
          The use of the tow bar hitch (not with tow ball) is acceptable for rearwards recovery as the tow bar spreads the load.

cheers, old Jack.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Thanks guys

Many thanks for the feedback, It's always been a concern of mine using what appear to be tie-down points for winching or snatching off. Given the feedback from you guys it can be done from the existing points but I must use a equalising strap which I have in my recovery kit.
            2013 MY13 Platinum, Pearl Paint, Colour coded ARB Deluxe winch bar with Tigerz11 12000lb Domin8tr winch, Plasma rope, Lightforce 210 Genesis HID Spotlights, Dual battery, GME 40 Ch UHF. Bushskinz bash plates, Lovells 50mm lift with Bilsteins, BFG 265/70 All Terrains. More to come.

Comment

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
              Rated recovery points are over-rated! Yes the after market recovery points and attachment bolts are tested and rated but the structure they bolt on to is not.
              Why pay good money to add some more weight to your vehicle even if they are painted red, yellow or orange!

The standard factory loops at the front have been tested multiple times and found satisfactory. Alan Whiting did some tests when the Pajero's went to monocoque construction after the industry rumour mill said you needed a full ladder chassis and rated recovery points.

Always use an equaliser strap on any modern 4wd ,if it is going to be a hard pull, whether it is using factory or after market recovery points and even a full chassis vehicle will twist out of alignment if the forces are great enough.
              The use of the tow bar hitch (not with tow ball) is acceptable for rearwards recovery as the tow bar spreads the load.

cheers, old Jack.

Well written OJ and IMO very true. far to many people think ghe after market industry know all, they are in it to make $$$$$ nothing else.

Michael
              2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

Considering the monocoque construction Pajero has been around for 13 years now and I'm sure around the world there have been thousands of recoveries done using those front loops. I've been on this forum for 10 years and have never heard of any failures, I reckon thats a pretty good rating.

Comment

I was at the Perth 4wd show yesterday, and some idiot was waffling on about recovery points. He made particular mention of the Pajero and went to great lengths to ensure those in the crowd that the front recovery points on a Pajero were not in fact recovery points. Despite popular belief these should not be used at all for recovery. It was at this point that I took no further interest into listening what the idiot had to say.

If they are good enough for the Mitsubishi engineers in the above video, then they are good enough for me, so long as an equaliser strap is used I don't see a problem?
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                  3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

Originally posted by Dion View Post
                    Unfortunately ARB don't think the Pajero is a "serious 4WD" and thus don't produce recovery points or airbag compliant side steps for it.
                    they wont see another dollar from me untill they start thinking diferently....bunch of moronswell most of them
                    NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                    Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

Originally posted by PradoEater View Post
                      they wont see another dollar from me untill they start thinking diferently....bunch of moronswell most of them
                      Sadly they're not obliged to make stuff for every vehicle.

Despite the fact that I'm sure just as many Pajeros go offroad as Prados - while Prado sells in higher numbers most of them never seen a dirt road - there's the perception problem.

I buy their gear when needed. I think their bullbars are one of the best made, and same goes for their compressors and fridges.
                      2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Dion View Post
                        Sadly they're not obliged to make stuff for every vehicle.

Despite the fact that I'm sure just as many Pajeros go offroad as Prados - while Prado sells in higher numbers most of them never seen a dirt road - there's the perception problem.

I buy their gear when needed. I think their bullbars are one of the best made, and same goes for their compressors and fridges.
                        agree with this just saying its bad bussiness practice i'm sure they lost shitload of money from pajero owners
                        NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                        Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X