45k service consuption increases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45k service consuption increases

I recently had a 45k service in my NT Pajero DiD & the fuel consumption has increased. They told me that they did a relearn regarding the EGR & that would explain it & it wasnt reversable. Does MMA have a duty of care to explain consequences of their actions before doing it? My tank range has reduced considerably & my reason for buying a Pajero has as well.
    Any advice would be welcome

Perhaps ask them to do it again? Mine was done by a mechanic other than Mitsubishi and they weren't 100% with how mine was idling after the relearn, They said let it run for 2-3 weeks and if it doesn't improve then take it back in and they'll redo it FOC. Mine had a re-learn at 90,000kms and has had a slight increase in usage but I also had lifted suspension fitted at the same time which will have had an effect.

I find on the exact same route driving to work I used to be able to generally get mine down to around 8.7-8.9L/100km on the readout. I now get it around 9.5ish and somedays it's as high as 9.9L. This is all on the centre readout and not at the pump but I find generally I get less km's to a tank now also.
    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
      I used to be able to generally get mine down to around 8.7-8.9L/100km on the readout. I now get it around 9.5ish and somedays it's as high as 9.9L.
      I had the software update done and now get 12.4 consistently. I used to get 9.0 prior the software upgrade.
      NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Doesn't sound like much of an update... Anyone had a reasonable explanation from Mitsubishi?

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
          Doesn't sound like much of an update... Anyone had a reasonable explanation from Mitsubishi?
          All I have been told is it cant be reversed
          NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
            All I have been told is it cant be reversed
            Long time reader, first time poster.... Had the same experience. Took mine back after the 45k due to large increase in consumption. Was told software updated at service, that Mitsubishi had advised consumption should increase after it, and use was in the expected range - with no option to go back. Also now have some rough idle and smoke issues (but dunno if related). Was running round town in the 9-10s now more like 12-13 or more.

Comment

That is pretty average really...

Makes me wonder what they did in the update and how they consider that an improvement.

Comment

Mine was first updated at the 60,000km service nearly 2 years ago just after I purchased it second hand with the same effect. I took it back and no-one could explain why. Had it tested, checked, all normal. I also had a lot of severe intermittent smoking on light acceleration.

Was told eventually it was to resolve a pinging issue, more fuel needed.

Update a month ago has fixed the smoking issue but no better economy. 11-12 country, can't get below 10.5 on the highway. For the first 6 weeks I averaged 9.2

How MM still advertise 9.8 combined cycle when it would be impossible to achieve

Ian
                Toyota Prado - (Sold - MY10 NT GLS 3.2 DiD Auto)

Comment

Originally posted by christiansen View Post
                  I recently had a 45k service in my NT Pajero DiD & the fuel consumption has increased. They told me that they did a relearn regarding the EGR & that would explain it & it wasnt reversable. Does MMA have a duty of care to explain consequences of their actions before doing it? My tank range has reduced considerably & my reason for buying a Pajero has as well.
                  Any advice would be welcome
                  When did all you guys get this relearn done?
                  I had my 90k service done in September & the invoice states "Small injection quantity learning using MUT III".
                  My fuel consumption has not been effected......so was I just lucky as I had my relearn done prior to the one that is giving grief?

Also what about those with EGR blanking plates?
                  Are any of you being affected in this way?
                  Tom
                  Sold - 2010 NT DID Activ, Ironbark, ARB Deluxe bullbar, OME lift, Cooper AT3s, Bushskinz bash plates, Dual batteries, Towpack, Prodigy P3, Scangauge II, MiVue 358 Dashcam, towing a 2015 Jayco Journey Outback

Comment

I've got my 36 month service in a few days time, maybe I should ask the NOT to do the re-learn. Although, maybe there are other benefits...who knows??
                    I say "36 months", as I am nowhere near 45,000kms. Just don't get out enough. lol.
                    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
                    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

Me too wonder why

[QUOTE=Uncle Fester;332539]I had the software update done and now get 12.4 consistently. I used to get 9.0 prior the software upgrade.

Me too bro I am getting 12.5 and I was getting 9 what are they doing wrong, Ben Jnr
                      2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

Originally posted by Subrosa View Post
                        Long time reader, first time poster.... Had the same experience. Took mine back after the 45k due to large increase in consumption. Was told software updated at service, that Mitsubishi had advised consumption should increase after it, and use was in the expected range - with no option to go back. Also now have some rough idle and smoke issues (but dunno if related). Was running round town in the 9-10s now more like 12-13 or more.

Me to same deal
                        2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

Originally posted by IanDiDNT View Post
                          Mine was first updated at the 60,000km service nearly 2 years ago just after I purchased it second hand with the same effect. I took it back and no-one could explain why. Had it tested, checked, all normal. I also had a lot of severe intermittent smoking on light acceleration.

Was told eventually it was to resolve a pinging issue, more fuel needed.

Update a month ago has fixed the smoking issue but no better economy. 11-12 country, can't get below 10.5 on the highway. For the first 6 weeks I averaged 9.2

How MM still advertise 9.8 combined cycle when it would be impossible to achieve

Ian

Mine does 7.8km all day long on the freeway but around town 12-13 after 60,000km service - not happy Ben Snr

Comment

Originally posted by Tom52 View Post
                            When did all you guys get this relearn done?
                            This started nearly 2 years ago and there have been at least 3 different updates. I could tell by the different smoke. The second update caused intermittent extreme gray smoking on light acceleration, latest update fixed it. A bad injector was mentioned by a real diesel mechanic but MMA "computer says no!".

From what I was told there is no choice about the update and not related to a small quantity relearn. It happens automatically when MUT III is plugged in for diagnostics. If you don't get it serviced by MMA then no update will happen.

cheers
                            Toyota Prado - (Sold - MY10 NT GLS 3.2 DiD Auto)

Comment

I will be talking to them on Friday about it when I get my 45k service done.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X