Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked rear cradle and outrigger bushes

greetings all!
    I'm looking at buying a 2010 NT GL. my mechanic has looked it over and overall reckons it's a good truck. however he has identified cracked rear cradle and outrigger bushes and says this is fairly common (picked them on a previous car I got him to inspect). the dealers RWC mechanic says they're not cracked they're creased - "a common misconception". does anyone have any knowledge, experience, comments on this??
    all comments and thoughts appreciated.
    andrew

I have what looks like cracks in my bushes too. The dealer also told me they were creases.

what else can I say
    2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

They all LOOK shagged but are usually fine. I replaced mine after 220K and only one was actually stuffed.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Here is a photo of the bush on my NT. Is it the same as the NM? The dealer recoconds these are creases not cracks
        Attached Files
        2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

That looks fine to me. Post a pic of the whole bush so we can see that the inner is still central to the outer.

And it's nothing to stress about. Even if they are totally shagged nothing bad is going to happen. Just the odd bang as it moves around a bit. The diff can't fall out and it's not going to cause any damage to CVs etc.
          Cheers, John.
          LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
          Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

thanks for your responses and sorry for delay in getting back on this.
            thought would be useful to share from what I've subsequently researched.
            basically it seems typical for the rubber bushes to develop hairline cracks but they aren't cracked right through so there isn't risk of the rubber falling out etc. best thing is to monitor them each service.
            hope this is helpful
            Andrew

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X