Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centre diff lock

Hi all,
    is there a way I can set up a switch to allow me to engage low range but leave the centre diff lock disconnected similar to 4h??
    It would be helpful when I back my boat etc as its a manual and I want to take some load off the clutch but avoid transmission wind up if turning corners etc.
    Cheers Mark

A similar previous discussion concluded the centre diff lock is mechanically intertwined with low range - can't get into low range without locking the centre diff. The common solution for what you want to do is prevent the front diff actuator from engaging - similar in concept to not engaging free wheeling hubs. This is done by playing with vacuum solenoids under the bonnet.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

thanks nj swb
      yep that would work, essentially giving me 2wd low range for slow speed manovering without drive train wind up
      I'll dig through with a search to try and find the earlier post as well as have a look at the wiring diagram for front diff solenoid operation
      Cheers Mark

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X