Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90k Service and Warranty Check

Hi all,

I live in the outer eastern suburbs but am willing to travel.

My NT DiD is due for its 90k service and also runs out of its 5 year warranty early next year (Ex Vic Police car and I am the 3rd owner).

Where is the best Mitsubishi dealer to take the car to for this service. I am after an honest dealer who will look at the car and do any warranty work that is needed.

I love this vehicle and want to keep it in top condition for as long as possible. It hopefully will see us out for the next 15 years or so.

I really appreciate the help given in this forum. I just wish I knew more so I could contribute sometimes.

Regards

Chris.
    Regards

Chris

'09 NT LWB, GLX, DI-D, Auto, Cooper A/T3, Cargo Barrier, Smart Bar with WARN 9000 Winch, Dual Battery with Piranha Controller, Factory Rear Diff Lock, Rear Parking Sensors, Bushskinz Bash Plates x 5, OME Lifted Suspension, GME 3540 UHF, Safari Snorkel, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Awning, Long Ranger 60lt Aux Tank, Engel 40l Fridge.

2013 Simpson Desert ü 2013 Fraser Island ü 2014 Billy Goat Bluff ü

My best advice is have a independent inspection done then take the list to Mitsubishi dealer

Comment

Originally posted by adamsc57 View Post
      Hi all,

I live in the outer eastern suburbs but am willing to travel.

My NT DiD is due for its 90k service and also runs out of its 5 year warranty early next year (Ex Vic Police car and I am the 3rd owner).

Where is the best Mitsubishi dealer to take the car to for this service. I am after an honest dealer who will look at the car and do any warranty work that is needed.

I love this vehicle and want to keep it in top condition for as long as possible. It hopefully will see us out for the next 15 years or so.

I really appreciate the help given in this forum. I just wish I knew more so I could contribute sometimes.

Regards

Chris.
      Hi Chris, I phoned a few MMAL dealers I am in Lara....I think Knox Mits. seemed the best we did have a forum member who worked there & the service guy seemed switched on too however I settled for Werribee Mits because i bought the car there & the service manager X2 have been replaced and the guy running the show is honest & does a good job. I would take the advice from Lizard about a good independent too. I paid $1200 in Darwin for my 90,000km service but felt it was a case..."you've got no where else to take it so we have got you by the short & curlies" Good luck with the vehicle. Rob

Comment

Originally posted by lizard View Post
        My best advice is have a independent inspection done then take the list to Mitsubishi dealer
        Absolutely correct, go to an independent, get your service done at a fraction of what MM will charge and they have no reason to hide things that need doing under warranty.
        2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

MMA dealer quoted $1300 for 45k service, local guy quoted $850 so I gave MMA the option to beat the $850 and told them not to bother matching it that they had to beat it. They came back with $800 for full 45k service. I have not had much luck with MMA with warranty stuff but I will give them 1 go at servicing and if they stuff that they are history.
          NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

And you think they will complete all items required? Would prefer to take it somewhere trusted, even if it cost more. Appreciate that the independent may not be trusted either though.
            2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

The problems I have had with MMA were warranty related. Took more than 5 visits to fix some thing as it was a intermittent problem. They did change something every time I took it to them until it was fixed and as this service is oils and filters I figured they cant really F__k that up and its easy enough to check if they have been changed or not.
              NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.

Comment

Isn't 45K a major service?

Comment

Originally posted by pauld View Post
                  Isn't 45K a major service?
                  No valve adjustment as they do that at 30k.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
                    No valve adjustment as they do that at 30k.
                    Hmmm, I thought the valve adjustments were 45 as well...
                    NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

Thanks guys for your advice.

I recall now that the RACV can do a 'warranty check' where they inspect the vehicle just before warranty runs out and gives you a list of what is wrong to take to MM.

I might look into this as well.

I will also talk to the mechanics suggested by pauld and see what they can do for me.

Regards

Chris
                      Regards

Chris

'09 NT LWB, GLX, DI-D, Auto, Cooper A/T3, Cargo Barrier, Smart Bar with WARN 9000 Winch, Dual Battery with Piranha Controller, Factory Rear Diff Lock, Rear Parking Sensors, Bushskinz Bash Plates x 5, OME Lifted Suspension, GME 3540 UHF, Safari Snorkel, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Awning, Long Ranger 60lt Aux Tank, Engel 40l Fridge.

2013 Simpson Desert ü 2013 Fraser Island ü 2014 Billy Goat Bluff ü

Comment

RACV, hit and miss with the quality of the person doing the work. If going to mechanic anyway they can do for you, on a hoist.

Comment

Originally posted by markpeh View Post
                          Hmmm, I thought the valve adjustments were 45 as well...
                          Not sure about newer models but my book just says inspect, which means listen, every 15K. I choose to do mine every 45K but I offset to 60, 105, 150 etc because 45, 90, 135 etc is a major service.

Comment

60,000km Service

Hi Fellas,

Had the 60,000km service done today at the local MM dealer. Capped price $580

Supplied our own oil.

Also got the auto trans service done (boy that oil is exxy), and the oil changed in the rear diff lock (ARB). ($400 in total for these two services, inc the oil).

Total was $1000.

Pretty happy with that, as they also did the tappett adjustment.

Cheers,
                            Sally
                            Last edited by Paj People 2009; 25-11-13, 06:18 PM.
                            SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just had the 90,000 km service done on our GLS, it's on a lease so not eligible for capped price service. Total cost $1115.40 inc GST.... WOW.

Cheers,
                              Karl
                              Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X