Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BFGoodrich 265/70/17

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BFGoodrich 265/70/17

    Hi, First post so be gentle.
    I've just bought an NT GLS which is in need of some AT tyres. I started out thinking of the BFGoodrich 265/65/17 which is the original size, and then I was thinking of upping the size to 275/65/17 to keep within the 15mm rule of NSW. My only concern was if they would fit in the rear carrier. Today I've seen that NSW has changed their rules to allow 7% over the largest tyre available as a manufacturer option for that series, so could go the 265/70/17. It seems that each time someone asks about a certain size, one member says that fits and another says it doesn't, so is there anyone out there with the BFGoodrich 265/70/17 and does it fit the rear carrier (and are there any other problems). Thanks in anticipation.

  • #2
    Do you have the spare tyre lifter? If not they will fit easy. If you do they will be tight.
    NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

    Comment


    • #3
      No, I don't have that, so sounds good. Thanks so much for the reply. I've been searching all afternoon/night, and 2 minutes after posting I get the answer.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am thinking the same, I have BFG 265/65-17s currently but have purchased a TVan with 3 good BFG 265/70-17s on Prado rims. Will fit the Paj if needed so I have read but not visa versa.

        Was thinking (I do that on occasions)
        1. moving half worn tyres to the trailer and get 4 new for the car before the big trip. I get an extra spare spare to carry that way.
        2. keep the trailer tyres and up the Paj tyre size to 265/70-17. 5 new tyres

        Option 2 will cost more, need the spare wheel cover cut and may be issues with the automatic and torque converter.

        I have only just looked up some posts on the torque converter issues and the "lock" option. Any opinions from those with larger tyres and auto would be much appreciated.

        Ian
        Toyota Prado - (Sold - MY10 NT GLS 3.2 DiD Auto)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IanDiDNT View Post
          I am thinking the same, I have BFG 265/65-17s currently but have purchased a TVan with 3 good BFG 265/70-17s on Prado rims. Will fit the Paj if needed so I have read but not visa versa.

          Was thinking (I do that on occasions)
          1. moving half worn tyres to the trailer and get 4 new for the car before the big trip. I get an extra spare spare to carry that way.
          2. keep the trailer tyres and up the Paj tyre size to 265/70-17. 5 new tyres

          Option 2 will cost more, need the spare wheel cover cut and may be issues with the automatic and torque converter.

          I have only just looked up some posts on the torque converter issues and the "lock" option. Any opinions from those with larger tyres and auto would be much appreciated.

          Ian

          PM sent. Actually two PM's sent.

          Can't have the legality Police having a heart attack now can we.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yep,
            they do fit into the rear carrier and I have had no other problems with this size, have been running them for years.

            John
            2010 NT Diesel GL, TJM bull bar, Ox 9500lb winch, Airtec snorkel, Kings springs & XGS shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, TJM underbody guards, cargo barrier, dual batterys, UHF, LRA fuel tank, Prorack roof bars, Lightforce Genesis lights.
            1997 NK Petrol GLS with way too many accessories

            Comment


            • #7
              picked up the car with 265/70/17 MT ATZ 4 ribs fitted.

              no issues what so ever.

              Michael.
              2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm running BFG ATs 275/65R18 and it fits the rear tyre carrier just - very minor rubbing but nothing to be concerned about. You shouldn't have problems with a one inch decrease in overall tyre diameter.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you guys using the raised spare wheel?

                  My 265/65-17s just touch on the corners and their well worn
                  Attached Files
                  Toyota Prado - (Sold - MY10 NT GLS 3.2 DiD Auto)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by IanDiDNT View Post
                    Are you guys using the raised spare wheel?

                    My 265/65-17s just touch on the corners and their well worn
                    No stock location.
                    2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rad_23_3 View Post
                      I'm running BFG ATs 275/65R18 and it fits the rear tyre carrier just - very minor rubbing but nothing to be concerned about. You shouldn't have problems with a one inch decrease in overall tyre diameter.
                      Hi Rad where did you find bfg at r18's I've looked every where to go on my vrx.
                      Still haven't worked out if i dropped to bfg at r17 if will fit over brakes and have same rolling diameter to not throw out the speedo? Any one got the answers?
                      2011 VRX NT DiD Cooper AT3 275/65 R18 - Uhf - 2inch Lift -Rhino Pioneer Platform Rack with shovel holder- 105 ah dual battery system - Sunseeker Awning TJM N13 Bullar Bar. Light Force Spotties. 40 Inch Light Bar 8 inch Light Bar Reverse Light, 12000 Pound Mean Mother Winch, TAG Tow Bar - Airtec Snorkel - GSL Brake Controller - TREDS -Led Lighting Upgrade - False Floor with Engel Transit Lock - 3inch stainless exhaust - Roo systems ecu flash In Tow 2012 jayco eagle outback

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dunxallan View Post
                        Hi Rad where did you find bfg at r18's I've looked every where to go on my vrx.
                        Still haven't worked out if i dropped to bfg at r17 if will fit over brakes and have same rolling diameter to not throw out the speedo? Any one got the answers?
                        Hi dunxallan,

                        Tirerack.com has them. They quoted me $217 US ea + $612 shipping to my door for 4 x LT275/65R18.
                        Hope this helps.

                        Jeno
                        MY09 NT VRX 3.2DID, Factory rear diff lock, bushskinz underbody protection (all 4), HD +50mm lovells and bilsteins, ARB sahara bar, Hella rallye 4000 HID's, Procomp all terrains 275/65R18's, dual batteries, Off Road Systems rear storage, GME TX3340.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dunxallan View Post
                          Hi Rad where did you find bfg at r18's I've looked every where to go on my vrx.
                          Still haven't worked out if i dropped to bfg at r17 if will fit over brakes and have same rolling diameter to not throw out the speedo? Any one got the answers?
                          Sourced two new ones locally, and the other three I imported from tirerack.com, at a shipped cost of AUD$333 ea. That was back about 12 months ago when our dollar was better.

                          To work out the difference changing the rolling diameters will make to your speedo is straightforward enough with many of the online calculators.

                          Comment

                          Matched content

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X