Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nt diesel failure

Hi all
    We are new to this forum, so hello everyone:-)

I have posted this on the caravanners forum, and it was suggested that i post here, for more detailed info. We have just purchased our 09 nt gls turbo diesel manual in perth, for our trip to lismore nsw, to start or new life! The paj had done 68k when purchased, and we are now in armidale nsw, with 73k on the clock. We are unfortunately, not going to get to lismore in the paj any time soon. After a very comfortable and cruisy 4500 k, and just a couple of k's outside armidale, the paj cut out. On re-starting, i thought somebody had pinched the paj from under me, and replaced it with a rusty old tractor from an adjoining paddock! Rattly....no power....and a sudden change in the wifes' demeanor:-( Limped into town, dropped aforementioned wife, dog, and camper trailer, and a short drive to the local mitsu dealer. Initial thoughts are thrown piston! Will have to wait till monday, when it goes in for diagnosis. Any similar problems or advice would be much apprecited.
    And thanks to Armidale. Couldnt think of a nicer place to be 'stuck'

Bugger! Hope you got some sort of warranty?
    & I hope it's something like crap fuel
    Best of luck
    Bryan
    2008 nt gls 3.2 smartbar, runva ewx9500 winch, airtech snorkel, ironman / ome combo lift, smartbar, 75watt hid's, lightbar, dual battery, rear worklight, bashplates, catch can 65ltr waeco, 18ltr engel, ors draws/fridge slide, 58ltr lra aux tank ,blah blah blah!

Comment

That's bad luck. No warning of problems ?. Rise in temp for example, had you been checking oil at fuel stops, any usage. If it is a piston you should have noticed a fair bit of blue smoke after it went and a hell of a rattle.
      Pity they can't do a diagnosis before monday, as you are travelling through I think they should try and get you in before next week, at least then you would know if you are off the road for a week or a month and can plan for that. Have you notified the dealer that sold you the Pajero.
      I hope it turns out to be something minor, like an injector. Brian.
      NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

Spewing. A 2009 model with 73K on the clock should be fully covered under the 5 year / 130K warranty.
        Hopefully it is just something related to the injection system and not a major internal engine failure.
        Hope you can get it sorted quickly.
        Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Bugger. Hope the problem is minor.

Do you have a scan gauge? If so did you try clearing the codes in case the PJ went into limp home mode. I'm told this can also be achieved by removing the battery cables wait a few minutes and re-connecting.

Remember after doing this the ASC light will be one for about a km or so till the computer resets.
          2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

I wouldn't be happy either

Could be anything , I have a 2009 GLS as well with 88,000 km on it and am very interested in this outcome. The first thing that comes to mind is a blocked inlet manifold then there is the issue with the timing chain tensioner. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes, good luck. They are a great vehicle.
            Allan
            2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

Any resolution?

Comment

I am wondering as well.
                Regards Allan
                2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

HHHHHMMMMM, interested in this myself i have an 09 with just on 135,000km on the clock

A work mates (company vehicle) Platinum edition did a fuel pump at 150,000km
                  09 NT Di-D Auto RX
                  2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow

"LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Comment

me too, I'm at 128K
                    don't want my pump to die ever

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                      me too, I'm at 128K
                      don't want my pump to die ever
                      Interesting, hope these problems are a one off, the NT has been reasonably bullet proof to date.
                      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers

Comment

Hi all. Thanks for your replys and thoughts on the matter. I am currently sitting on a greyhound bus.....the paj in bits at mitsu in armidale. They have had it since monday gone, with no contact from the dealership. My big concern was the timeframe to fix it...moving to lismore and having to find a place to stay...a job ( for the wife)...etc. No assistance from mitsu at this stage ( hence the bus)! Have been assured by the salesman, and service manager from titan ford in perth ( both ex mitsu employees) that it IS under new car warranty, contrary to mitsu warranty person i spoke with, so, its a wait and see....will keep you posted, now that i have nothing else to do!

Comment

And..just had a call from mitsu armidale....piston shot....bearings shot.....and clutch on way out for good measure. Will keep u posted:'(

Comment

Didn't the 3.0 L Patrols have similar engine problems caused by clogged inlet manifold?
                            Peter

Comment

Doesn't sound good but curious why Mitsubishi would say its not a warranty issue, being 09 model you should have at least 12 months left

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X